Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Welcome to Freel2.com - say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 285 of 335 <123 ... 284285286 ... 333334335>
Print this entire topic · 
ROBM

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Martinique Blue
ANOTHER NEW OWNER

Hi All. Have been reading the forum for a while now as a Freelander 1 Td4 owner and finally decided to take the plunge and bought a 2009 FL2 td4 auto in Martinique Blue. Am very pleased with it so far and look forward to many miles of fun. Will post some pics soon once I have finished some minor detailing and accessories Wink

Post #378201 11th Sep 2019 11:35 am
Robsykes54

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Afternoon All,

Been watching from the background for a few weeks... Own a Freelander 2 SD4 XS with an Alive Stage 1 Remap and a few other mods, with more to add!! Had her for about 5 years now! Absolute peach of a thing! Always attend most UK Land Rover shows and looking forward to doing Kielder 4x4 Safari in September!! Rob

FL2 SD4 XS with Alive Remap

Post #378483 18th Sep 2019 3:39 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Welcome in......now it starts to get expensive Shocked

Rolling with laughter Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #378485 18th Sep 2019 5:24 pm
Robsykes54

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Yes, that's what worries me!!! Already got a long list of wants..... might need to get a bigger piggy bank!! Rolling with laughter Rob

FL2 SD4 XS with Alive Remap

Post #378567 20th Sep 2019 11:17 am
tooslow964

Wales 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Hi all,

Just to say hello. Recently moved from a Discovery 4 to a Freelander SD4 HSE, pleasantly pleased with the car at the moment.
Based in West Wales near Abearon, recently moved from Cornwall

Nigel

Post #378569 20th Sep 2019 11:40 am
Stubblehound

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black
Hi from Cheshire

Hi

My name is Andy and I pick up my Freelander 2 tomorrow. Black 2008 HSE Auto. This will be the first 4x4 I have owned and looking forward to it. Read many good reports on comfort and smoothness. Read some rubbish ones aswell but I still went ahead and bought one.

Hopefully will make it to a few Landy meets and get to know the crowd.

Post #378580 20th Sep 2019 3:27 pm
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

Welcome Andy
there's lots of help available here - much of it from previous threads so searching often solves the problem or at least makes it easier to solve. Jules

Post #378599 20th Sep 2019 10:20 pm
Purple Tom

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Indus Silver
Another new one from Derbyshire

Hi,

Just joined, I’m about to take the plunge on a 2007 i6 HSE. Hopefully it’ll be an enjoyable ownership experience! This forum looks very useful so I’m looking forward to getting stuck in when the time comes.

Thanks
Tom

Post #378798 25th Sep 2019 12:20 am
K8geoff

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Rimini Red
Hi from South East Wales

I have been lurking in the background for several weeks. I have owned a Freelander 1 HSE Td4, for nearly 10 years and have decided to retire it. Purchased a 2013 Freelander 2, HSE Lux in Rimini red a few weeks back and cannot believe how much better it is compared to the Freelander 1 to drive.

Looking forward to contributing to this forum over the coming months and making some new land Rover friends.

Geoff

Post #378799 25th Sep 2019 7:31 am
guarazinho

Italy 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green
Hello World

Hi! This is my fist post!
I'm from Italy (Milano), and just bought this week a Freelander 2 = HSE 2.2 TD4 dal 2008 Diesel = 118 Kw (160 Cv) = Intree Green Metallic.

Thumbs Up

Hope to make new friends and to Overland all over Europe

Post #378815 25th Sep 2019 12:52 pm
Welshy

Wales 2010 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi all well today i became an owner of a Freelander 2 (well wife did) its a 2010 model with facelift (November 2010) its the HSE model and fully loaded with the SD4 Engine, transmission is Auto, well my other vehicle include a Toyota Landcruiser amazon 80 series, 4.5cc running LPG on a 97 plate. Also a VW Transporter T4 on 03 Plate 2.5tdi xxx Special. also a Merc CLK270 CDI which is now up for sale as the FL2 is taking its place.
Living up in the sticks, retired and enjoying life as best i can.

We purchased the LR2 as we are both having problems getting into the CLK, the LR2 is on high mileage 160K but full LR Service history with recent cam belt and water pump and Software update.
Stornaway Grey with full black leather.

Post #378849 25th Sep 2019 9:11 pm
johnwhal

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Hello all,

New owner of a MY2008 XS TD4 and loving every minute. Based in Nottingham.

Post #379103 1st Oct 2019 7:13 am
Juicylucy

United Kingdom 

Hi Everyone

I purchased my Freelander 2 back in February this year and was really enjoying the vehicle until this summer when the vehicle started overheating which in turn lead to the automatic transmission banging as it changed gear.

Been to 2 different garages to try and solve the problem but no joy? Hoping that one of you lovely members may be able to shed some light?

Looking forward to chatting with you

Post #379125 1st Oct 2019 2:30 pm
Drainpipe

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Orkney Grey

Hello to all,

Last week I purchased my first LR. A 64 plate Metropolis. To say I’m pleased is a massive understatement! A huge thank you to all the guys who posted on the topic of dash cams. My insurer gave me a discount for a dash cam fitted so I wired it in this morning. Following the advice there, it was very easy. Also, I’ve managed to download all sorts of manuals and brochures. Another great owners forum. Jon

Post #379161 2nd Oct 2019 11:17 am
SeeFive

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Hello fine folks.

I have just signed up for membership after trawling the threads on here for a little while. What a great site with active associated membership giving really useful contributions. You should all be proud of yourselves by your representation on tinterweb.

My story - just after us lot in the south got the snow in, ooh when was it, 2008?? I decided that with my 40 years of sporty clown cars having RWD and many hundreds of HP through very fat (13”) low profile summer tyres, I needed a 4x4 to get off the drive and the hill where I lived in winter, and more importantly to get back home in the evening for dinner. I loved the look of the new Freelander, but couldn’t justify the cost for something thought I may use it for a few days of the year. Oh how I didn’t know what purpose such a practical vehicle could be set to. Two house content moves... bikes in the boot for fun days out with the missus, camping with wife kids and grandkids, going places where smooth tarmac didn’t reach... a whole new world!

So, back in the day being a bit tight and with the Freelander 2 commanding big money just after its launch and being really scared of the Freelander 1 issues, I bought a bargain 3 year old RAV4 XT4 for about 6 and 3/4 large (you may spit) which served me really well for a number of years / miles, on many occasions preferred it to my daily (C5 Corvette) I had at the time and in the end has done my best mate well as I gave it to him when I was shrinking the fleet about 18 months ago. I have missed it ever since for the true utility it brought to my life over 60k miles.

Now I am getting old. The pains associated with getting into low slung sports cars and sitting in them for mile after mile are showing. A 10 day 3000 mile road trip in the missus’s “soft” SLC proved the point completely. I need a proper driving position like the Rav, or maybe a Freelander now the series has a few years on the market and they fall into my meagre budget range.

So I have spent a week looking at tatty dealer dross Freelanders in the south around for £10k, and I am hoping that tomorrow will land me “the one” on a private sale. As you can see, I am not spending a fortune, but looking forward to picking up an early facelift SD4 HSE with not quite intergalactic mileage... but maybe just interstellar with good history in this example.

Really hoping tomorrow will work out after a lot of dealer stuff which looked good on web pictures being... well to avoid profanities, not quite as expected/described. Of course, I will be getting the camera out and letting you all have a good laugh at my latest moneypit folly in due course.

Have a great weekend ladies and gentlemen. I hope mine works out to spending a few bob and being able to join you all to whinge on the tech forum about my door locks, haldexes, transmission clunks and benefit from your experience Smile Maybe I just may be able to give something back as my experience of the model grows too. Anyway, I hope it will be fun... or something Smile

Post #379301 5th Oct 2019 12:02 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 285 of 335 <123 ... 284285286 ... 333334335>