Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Welcome to Freel2.com - say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 286 of 335 <123 ... 285286287 ... 333334335>
Print this entire topic · 
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Welcome. Get an auto. Much better for off road, towing, city driving, & I couldn't be stuffed with a manual anymore! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #379302 5th Oct 2019 2:59 am
Jimboland

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Wot Lightwater said.

J

Post #379315 5th Oct 2019 10:49 am
SeeFive

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Many thanks for the welcome. Yup fully agree, have already decided on the auto.

Anyway, an update for you all. I got it bought this morning! Thumbs Up

SD4 HSE auto, 60 reg, 112k miles, poodle wheels (sorry) with full size unused spare, 2 owners. Full history but no signs of cambelt service so that is the first thing for me to sort out. Then I will be making arrangements with Bell engineering for the necessary transmission services. HPI clear.

It has had a little paint on the NS rear quarter (was difficult to pick up, perfect colour match but a masking tell tale on the corner of the window) but otherwise original and immaculate apart from 1 largeish stone chip in the bonnet front edge which I think should be a cheap localised repair and a light peel on the back edge of the grille. Interior clean, toys all work including some very cold air con. Very clean and bone dry everywhere underneath, drives beautifully and quiet running gear (been standing since mid August, cobwebs everywhere and fired up straight on the button this morning). No tow bar and doesn’t seem to have seen a muddy puddle in its life so probably had an easy 9 years. Happy with the price agreed.

Will pick it up this afternoon and if it doesn’t rain tomorrow, I’ll spend a day holding a clay bar or 6, then stand behind a Meguires loaded DAS3 for a few hours to see what it looks like properly, apply some Nano and get some piccies for you folks to laugh at. If it does rain, I might just find a muddy puddle in the New Forest instead Smile

One happy bunny here, hope you folks have a great day too.

Anyone want to buy a well specced 65 reg, mega economical blueHDI DS3 so I can fit it on the drive without upsetting the missus any further? Whistle Mr. Green

Post #379325 5th Oct 2019 12:23 pm
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

That sounds like a good car you got there,welcome from me and I will take a guess you are also on Detailing World Thumbs Up

Post #379327 5th Oct 2019 12:45 pm
SeeFive

Many thanks, I guess looking at the tech forum on here, maybe buying a Freelander could be like buying a boat (don’t get me started on Mercruiser V8 “fuel system design” issues looking to cost me £4K it seems). There are only 2 days that you are happy, the day you buy it and the day you sell it Smile. Time will tell...

I am actually not on detailing world but do monitor it a little as well as the detailing forums elsewhere. I do however have an account at cleanyourcar which is going to get some use quite soon it seems - the Freelander seems to have a lot bigger panels than the Vette! I may also need to buy a ladder being a bit of a short arse to reach the roof Embarassed

Post #379328 5th Oct 2019 1:42 pm
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I have a little step stool comes in handy to get to middle of roof.

Post #379329 5th Oct 2019 2:16 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

A 2 step stool is handy for the roof, you can also put your toes on the rear wheel. The front of my car is covered in stone chips, the nature of our outback roads. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #379337 5th Oct 2019 6:03 pm
SeeFive

I do have one of those step platform things, but again, at 5’9”, maybe I will put a step stool on top of that. Smile

Picked it up this evening, by the time I got away it was quite dark here. Did about 60 miles motorways and B roads, very comfortable and smooth, temps good, everything seems fine except rear windscreen wiper seems to only wipe a bit of the window. Will check that out in the daylight. One little track we took to the sea was very dark tonight, and my goodness, this baby really has a set of lights on it. Cool

Talking about dark, I really like the auto-tinting rear view mirror. Also the door mirrors that dip a little when you select reverse. So much more to find out on the car, but need to focus on getting the DS sold tomorrow and putting a few sheckles back with Mr NatWest. Got a reasonable figure from WBAC, an appointment tomorrow to find out how much that is gonna change when they inspect it. Then I can start sorting a few of the important bits on the Freelander - music and satnav being a higher priority than detailing it, especially as rain is forecast here on the south coast tomorrow.

Then a 160mile round trip to visit my mum, I haven’t mentioned anything about changing my car to her, but I know that she will feel my late dad would approve.

Post #379363 5th Oct 2019 10:29 pm
James975

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Barolo Black

Hi everyone
Just picked up a 2014 gs on Friday
I've had lots of land rovers over the years I hope this one will be just as good
Cheers James

Post #379436 6th Oct 2019 9:12 pm
Iansimpson

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi all. Just bought my first LR, a lovely 08 plate 2.2 HST auto with all the toys! Love it already. I'm 6'6" and it's the first car I've properly fitted into! She was a bit tatty when she arrived but after a good clean and polish and some paint on the wheels and a few shiny bits stuck on shes looking pretty good I think. Few issues as expected with 106k on the clock but overall very happy. Looking forward to picking up lots of hints and tips from the pros!

Post #379622 10th Oct 2019 3:37 pm
GuyS

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Barolo Black

Hi. Thanks for letting me join. At 154,000 miles, my FL2 is starting to throw up various problems. I used this site to get an idea why the battery warning light was coming in. Very useful.

Post #379629 10th Oct 2019 4:56 pm
SeeFive

Just realised I have not posted that pic I promised so you could laugh at my poodle wheels.

So here it is, the only one I have, taken in the dark, on a very old Samsung phone camera, and reduced in byte size for the forum. It has about 300 miles of dirt on it too.

One day I will get to see the car in daylight!

Post #379645 10th Oct 2019 10:43 pm
rottieman

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e SE Manual Lago Grey

Hi all, thankyou for letting me join the group, my name is ivor and i have just bought my first freelander 2.
i look forward to speaking to you all and hopefully to learn more about the freelander.
Ivor. Very Happy [/b]

Post #379660 11th Oct 2019 9:58 am
Bozzy

New Owner Here

Hi all, im picking up my first Freelander 2 tomorrow. A 2007 HSE in black and cant wait. Got many things id like to add, like facelifting it and signature lights so ill be after advise along the way.

Post #379689 11th Oct 2019 4:28 pm
SeeFive

Another newbie here.

So how did it go on Saturday? All good I hope.

Post #379735 13th Oct 2019 3:04 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 286 of 335 <123 ... 285286287 ... 333334335>