« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Time to go?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 8 <12345678>
Print this entire topic · 
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Tigger wrote:
If LR still made the FL2, would you have just had another?

If the DS was badged as a Freelander I still would never buy one.

I’m happy keep mine till it turns into kiniversand LRC 609 MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #374549 4th Jul 2019 8:46 am
westville

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

Tigger wrote:
An XC60 it is then Laughing ( just don’t be tempted by the “Twin engine” Rolling Eyes ).

If LR still made the FL2, would you have just had another?

Probably not - there is absolutely nothing wrong with my present car it does everything I ask of it and has been utterly reliable I am just BORED with it and want a change - but with some of the benefits of FL2 ownership Whistle
Someone will be getting a good buy when I come to dispose of it - I hope its replacement proves as good that's why I am "pfaffing" around No Longer the owner of a 2013MY Fuji White GS

"Fiat Lux" a philosophy not a car

Post #374550 4th Jul 2019 9:00 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Isn’t it odd how you can really like a car and then, all of a sudden, it gets boring and it’s time for a change. Been there! Rolling Eyes Never with a LR though...

If what you’ve got sis running just fine, at least there’s absolutely no hurry and you can take your time to enjoy the hunt Thumbs Up

Post #374557 4th Jul 2019 10:11 am
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

We had the last Defender for 13 or 14 years , we’ve had the FL2 for 8 of it’s 10 year life . On retiring I bought the Scooby in which I’ve done 40k in 3 years , and I’ll probably keep that for years . I suppose I’m lucky I don’t get bored , to me cars are just a means to an end and replacement is just a chore . When did my pre retirement shopping I did try a few Volvos , and I must say the seats, cabins and general ergonomics were outstanding . I hated VAG garages as they are just there to sell finance deals . The only thing at the moment that would get me to chip in the FL2 is an ISUZU pickup with the Huntsman pack Thumbs Up 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic the Thinking Man's AWD

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #374586 4th Jul 2019 3:01 pm
eddiekol

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

I sold my 2008 HSE 2 years ago and got a VW Tiguan. Although it does everything I need it to, it doesn't set my heart on fire.
I also, have to agree with the comment about VW dealers, as I am regularly being contacted with invites to look at the latest deals.

I miss not having a Freelander, so much so,that I keep looking a Autotrader,and I am considering getting another one next year.

Post #374602 4th Jul 2019 8:14 pm
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

"I also, have to agree with the comment about VW dealers, as I am regularly being contacted with invites to look at the latest deals.
"

Its not just VW dealers - I keep receiving invites to look at the latest models from my local JLR dealership - Ive not been there since I bought the car 41/2 years ago. Jules

Post #374626 5th Jul 2019 9:22 am
MartynB

The problem I have with VAG garages is the fact that all they want to do is sell finance . I’m sitting in nigh on £40, 000 worth of TT and I’m a cash buyer . I asked about a discount , I’m told that the only way is a “ contribution “ to a finance plan . I offer the opinion that if I did take a plan out I’d cancel it and pay the balance so let’s cut out the bit in-between . The salesman could not have been less interested , not while he could flog cars to people who were less credit worthy than my cat.

Subaru are the opposite end of the scale , the typical buyer self finances , keeps the car 7 years , and the sales guys are used to dealing with people who are buying rather than being “ sold to “ .

I’ve just had an invite to drive the new petrol” light self charging hybrid” Forester , if I take it up there will be no pressure, as an existing customer they know there is a very high probability that I’ll be back in year 7 . A different way of treating customers . 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic the Thinking Man's AWD

Post #374635 5th Jul 2019 12:20 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

I've always been a cash buyer. Have you tried at the end of the month when they are looking for sales to meet targets to get bonuses!

Subaru Forester hybrid: https://www.caradvice.com.au/662654/2019-s...australia/ Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #374639 5th Jul 2019 1:06 pm
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

Deleted MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #374643 5th Jul 2019 1:38 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Never been a cash buyer - joint bank account so never got any cash Very Happy

But yes I did walk into several dealerships around the 28th of November a couple of years ago looking for a replacement for the Ewok. Got a call on the 30th from a dealer some way away, I have the perfect car for you sir and we can do a deal.

SO I get there and it's a low mileage DS with all the toys including electric towball but in grey (Gill wanted grey), but too expensive. we knock him down as far as we could, were walking away and he came up with a plan. I pay the HP and the dealership pay me back £50 a month !!
I'll give Farnells there due, they have paid the cash back as promised, and I do have a very nice LR to drive around in.

I'm happy, Gills happy, and they got a sale in the afternoon of the last day of the month. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #374648 5th Jul 2019 4:53 pm
MartynB

Lightwater wrote:
I've always been a cash buyer. Have you tried at the end of the month when they are looking for sales to meet targets to get bonuses!

Subaru Forester hybrid: https://www.caradvice.com.au/662654/2019-s...australia/

I know what your talking about Thumbs Up I bought the Scooby from a dealer wanting sales volume for targets
Using a car broker quote for leverage. I even took their zero percent 12 month 50/50 offer

However one of the best internet car brokers in the U.K. will always quote the lowest prices on a couple of particular brands by advising that if you wish to own the car from day one . you will sign up for the in-house finance to get a “ manufacturers contribution towards the price” .Then exercise your right to cancel the finance in month one .

I might go look at the new Forester , although it doesn’t appeal to me . The dealer normally has a nice evening reception with free sausage rolls !! 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

Post #374651 5th Jul 2019 5:41 pm
ronp

Scotland 

westville wrote:
- there is absolutely nothing wrong with my present car it does everything I ask of it and has been utterly reliable I am just BORED with it and want a change - but with some of the benefits of FL2 ownership Whistle

Sounds to me like you need to get into a D4...... I got back in one and I'm loving it . Laughing
Absolutely nothing against the FL2 btw, great motor. Thumbs Up FL2 now gone and have a couple of items left for sale:-

Brodit active iPhone holder + Brodit dash clip,
Bluetooth Music Streaming Module.

Post #374652 5th Jul 2019 6:35 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

That’s a point Thumbs Up

I loved all three of my FL2’s and have many happy memories. However, while the D4’s were so similar to the FL2, they were also so much nicer in virtually every way, with even more character and fun value than the FL2!! Shocked

Well worth a try Thumbs Up

Post #374656 5th Jul 2019 9:49 pm
j77

Scotland 

D3 was the best of the bunch.

I’ll never forget the first one I saw, a silver HSE, it looked like it should’ve been exploring the moon. I sill have the brochure that I spent hours drooling over before purchasing my one, a 1 1/2 year old bog standard 7 seater as that brought air suspension and TR if a mind correctly.

I’m hoping to get that feeling back with the new Defender 110. Don’t get me wrong I love the Velar, it makes an excellent all weather GT car but there’s just that something missing. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #374672 6th Jul 2019 12:35 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Never owned, or even driven a D3, but I certainly prefer the way it looks (both inside and out).

Still very keen to see what the OP makes of the idea of a D4. If he’s bored with the FL2, but has liked it before that, the D4 represents exactly the same drug, but in a much, much, stronger dose! Laughing

Post #374675 6th Jul 2019 1:33 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 8 <12345678>