Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Time to go?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 8 <12345678
Print this entire topic · 
bxzx16v

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Barolo Black

Farewell , enjoy the Edge , nice looking motor .

Thumbs Up

Mark 2009 FL2 TD4 SE (Sadly gone)
2007 FL2 TD4 GS (The wifes , gone after 8 great years)
2012 FL2 SD4 SPORT LE(Gone and missing it)
2015 DISCOVERY SPORT 2.2SD4 HSE (For now ?)
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 ecoboost ( Gone but what next )
2014 Ford Focus 2.0tdci Zetec S

Post #377787 3rd Sep 2019 4:05 pm
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Wasnt Vignale Ford's attempt at premium levels of luxury and exceptional dealer service on upgraded ordinary models?
Like Ghia and Vanden Plas used to be (Only better!). I remember reading that Vignale owners had dedicated customer care available 24/7 and that some Ford branches had dedicated Vignale sales and service areas to create the upmarket feel of the brand. Ive only ever seen a couple of them, a Mondeo and a CMax on the road wearing different badges with individual colour schemes and interior options. Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #377789 3rd Sep 2019 4:55 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Indeed it is, I actually saw a Focus Vignale the other day.......now that's pushing it a bit Laughing Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #377791 3rd Sep 2019 5:12 pm
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

You can get a Fiesta Vignalle too, if you really must. Jules

Post #377793 3rd Sep 2019 5:25 pm
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Boxbrownie wrote:
Indeed it is, I actually saw a Focus Vignale the other day.......now that's pushing it a bit Laughing

No its not an Allegro sir, it's a Vanden Plas 1500 Rolling with laughter Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #377796 3rd Sep 2019 7:03 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Bobupndown wrote:
Wasnt Vignale Ford's attempt at premium levels of luxury and exceptional dealer service on upgraded ordinary models?
Like Ghia and Vanden Plas used to be (Only better!). I remember reading that Vignale owners had dedicated customer care available 24/7 and that some Ford branches had dedicated Vignale sales and service areas to create the upmarket feel of the brand. Ive only ever seen a couple of them, a Mondeo and a CMax on the road wearing different badges with individual colour schemes and interior options.

It is indeed. The car looks good and I can see the appeal, but the idea of Ford attempting to do “premium service” is laughable Laughing I’ll bet that the virtually unused Vignale service desk will soon be used for storing junk and the owners will be queuing up to be abused alongside those having their 7 year old Transits fixed. I’ve been there!

A bit like me being asked to do gymnastics - Ford and premium service is never going to work out well Rolling Eyes

Post #377805 4th Sep 2019 6:55 am
Boxbrownie

jules wrote:
You can get a Fiesta Vignalle too, if you really must.

Really? I hadn’t even looked Shocked well I suppose you could as there were Fiesta Ghias of course, but I’d imagined they would keep the “Vignale” badge for larger/expensive vehicles.......I should have known better Laughing Regards

David

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #377811 4th Sep 2019 9:34 am
Boxbrownie

Tigger wrote:
Bobupndown wrote:
Like Ghia and Vanden Plas used to be (Only better!). I remember reading that Vignale owners had dedicated customer care available 24/7 and that some Ford branches had dedicated Vignale sales and service areas to create the upmarket feel of the brand. Ive only ever seen a couple of them, a Mondeo and a CMax on the road wearing different badges with individual colour schemes and interior options.

It is indeed. The car looks good and I can see the appeal, but the idea of Ford attempting to do “premium service” is laughable Laughing I’ll bet that the virtually unused Vignale service desk will soon be used for storing junk and the owners will be queuing up to be abused alongside those having their 7 year old Transits fixed. I’ve been there!

A bit like me being asked to do gymnastics - Ford and premium service is never going to work out well Rolling Eyes

Exactly, which is why we bought the “Premier Automotive Group” manufacturers out, but although a good idea originally it went to Censored ......oddly the most reliable XJ and LRs (Freelander 2) were when Ford first got involved, we used to hit them with big sticks if they didn’t adhere to Ford’s fix first line manufacturing.

It was literally weeks after the first buy out that the exec car parks starting filling with Jags instead of Scorpios Rolling with laughter Regards

David

Post #377812 4th Sep 2019 9:42 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 8 <12345678