Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Mayor Khan kills off FL2’s in London..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 9 123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
Farmer Chalk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Firenze Red
Mayor Khan kills off FL2’s in London..

New ultra low emission zone is being extended to all London Boroughs in August 2023… hence it will kill off usage of any FL2 unless the 3.2 petrol version within the M25 area.. you will have to pay £12.50 per day to use one daily…
So if you live or travel within the M25 you need to buy a new car because it will not be cost effective !

So my wife, my daughter and my father will need to sell their perfectly good cars and try and find the money to buy something else!
How is this saving the planet? [/b]

Post #427080 22nd Nov 2022 12:07 am
axle

England 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Santorini Black

It doesn't save the planet, just sells more cars that people can't afford.
Is the i6 exempt? I know mine is as it's LPG. Common sense isn't very common.

Post #427081 22nd Nov 2022 2:28 am
Rommel

England 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Fuji White

So are all the diesel buses,trucks,vans excempt? Just another way of milking money, since the congestion charge came in London traffic is now WORSE than ever before. 2013 FL2 XS.
Defender 90 300 TDi.
Defender 90 300 TDi CSW.
1964 MGB Roadster.
1944 Willys MB "Jeep" with bullet holes. (gone)
17 hand Irish Drought Thoroughbred (mostly lame)
Nagging Old Boiler.

Post #427082 22nd Nov 2022 8:31 am
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

My nephew was hauling his cattle trailer behind his 3 litre Disco 4 , coming back from Skipton Market . There was an accident and a diversion due to the Police closing a main road . He had no choice with the big trailer than to follow it and go through Bradford . That’s now a euro 6 zone for diesels . The penalty arrived within a week . At some point all the big cities will be no go areas for for older diesels . Leeds has suspended it CAZ plans for the moment , but highways engineering and building development of the bigger car parks has virtually killed taking a private car into the centre , although this has been mitigated by a fantastic low cost park and ride service service to which I’m a convert . 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #427084 22nd Nov 2022 9:54 am
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

Bristol will be the same from 28th November. £9/ day. MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #427085 22nd Nov 2022 10:01 am
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

MartynB wrote:
My nephew was hauling his cattle trailer behind his 3 litre Disco 4 .

Was it a commercial version?
I've just put my reg plate into the on-line checker and it says no charge for my FL2 in Bradford.

https://www.gov.uk/clean-air-zones Jules

Post #427086 22nd Nov 2022 10:21 am
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

I can take my 40 year old series 3 diesel into Birmingham without charge but not my FL2 - go figure Jules

Post #427087 22nd Nov 2022 10:28 am
NoDo$h

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

MartynB wrote:
My nephew was hauling his cattle trailer behind his 3 litre Disco 4 , coming back from Skipton Market . There was an accident and a diversion due to the Police closing a main road . He had no choice with the big trailer than to follow it and go through Bradford . That’s now a euro 6 zone for diesels . The penalty arrived within a week . At some point all the big cities will be no go areas for for older diesels . Leeds has suspended it CAZ plans for the moment , but highways engineering and building development of the bigger car parks has virtually killed taking a private car into the centre , although this has been mitigated by a fantastic low cost park and ride service service to which I’m a convert .

Most authorities with clean air zones have exemptions for diversions.

https://cleanerairportsmouth.co.uk/works-diversions/

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low...rge-notice - open up ground three:

Quote:
Ground three - no penalty charge payable
No penalty charge is payable under the scheme e.g. I was not in the charging area during charging hours.
The Regulations define this ground as:

"That no penalty charge is payable under the charging scheme."

There are a number of circumstances which may or may not be applicable (remember to provide as much supporting evidence as you can) including:

Diverted into the Ultra Low Emission Zone - If you are diverted into the Ultra Low Emission Zone due to an incident, accident or road works, you should either follow the diversion route or leave as soon as possible. When making a Representation please give as many details as possible including the date, time and location of the diversion; details of the incident that may relate for instance an accident on the M25 and if you spoke with a police officer. We will check our records to confirm if there was a diversion. If, however, you enter the Ultra Low Emission Zone just to avoid traffic or got lost then these are not valid grounds for Representation
 Current driveway contents:
2021 V60 Cross Country B5
2009 FL2 dog bus and shooting wagon

On Order: 2023 Fisker Ocean Ultra - deposit paid.

Post #427088 22nd Nov 2022 10:35 am
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

tenet wrote:
Bristol will be the same from 28th November. £9/ day.

Bristol is a no-go area for me now, although I now use my Bus Pass and Park and Ride to get to Hospital Appointments.
I do know that you can get exemption/permission to use FL2 for appointments, but Car Park Charges, and hectic driving in and around Bristol make the Bus a better bet.

Recently, to avoid M5 traffic problems, I used the outer Bristol Ring Road, it was horrific, with people zig-zagging at speed from lane to lane to gain a few places at the next traffic lights.
Plus, the whole place is a nightmare of differing speed limits. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #427090 22nd Nov 2022 10:56 am
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

jules wrote:
MartynB wrote:
My nephew was hauling his cattle trailer behind his 3 litre Disco 4 .

Was it a commercial version?
I've just put my reg plate into the on-line checker and it says no charge for my FL2 in Bradford.

https://www.gov.uk/clean-air-zones

Yes , it had factory fitted plastic plates siliconed inside all the back glass . I’ve another farmer / haulier mate who has just changed the company pickups and Sprinters as he goes into Bradford every day . He received £4K per vehicle grant from the council towards the cost of change . 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #427091 22nd Nov 2022 11:04 am
BossBob

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Even better, the only diversion route for the Avonmouth Bridge wil put you into the ULEZ deliberately. They were unable to justify the cost of setting it all up unless they included the Cumberland Basin in the scheme which happens to be the most westerly route for none motorway traffic across the Avon not including Brunel’s masterpiece, the Clifton Suspension Bridge which doesn’t do heavy traffic.
As IanMetro mentions, the easterly outer circuit road road is a mishmash of speed limits, roundabouts, traffic lights, and the latest hazard to be imposed on drivers, the throughbout. It’s a traffic light controlled junction where drivers wanting to turn right have to enter on the left hand lane and follow a light controlled route through traffic going straight on. There is no central island, just 6 lanes of traffic, 3 in each direction, all fighting to get in front as the carriageway reduces to 2 lanes a little way up the road.
The inner circuit road just dumps you into traffic jams however you get off it.
It goes to show that big business is being taken car of though. There is a way of getting into the Cabot Circus Shopping Centre car park that doesn’t enter the ULEZ. But you have to know your way out of the car park as all the other exits get you a ULEZ charge!

Post #427092 22nd Nov 2022 11:13 am
1powerrack

England 2008 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

My i6 is from Japan, they have no emission info when brought back, so are taxed at £290 a year it also has LPG but the way its going we are all doomed, to use electric which most likely have a large carbon footprint to make, I read recently that the Americans have come up with a system to keep your engine and run on hydrogen, the have re imported Nissan's into Europe that start on petrol then switch over to hydrogen, of course nothing is said because that does not sell new cars

Post #427094 22nd Nov 2022 11:34 am
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey
Re: Mayor Khan kills off FL2’s in London..

Farmer Chalk wrote:
New ultra low emission zone is being extended to all London Boroughs in August 2023… hence it will kill off usage of any FL2 unless the 3.2 petrol version within the M25 area.. you will have to pay £12.50 per day to use one daily…
So if you live or travel within the M25 you need to buy a new car because it will not be cost effective !

So my wife, my daughter and my father will need to sell their perfectly good cars and try and find the money to buy something else!
How is this saving the planet? [/b]

Am in the same boat. It’s my understanding that provided the car’s not driven there’d be no charge. But how would the authorities know if I just popped up the road for a paper for example?

Post #427095 22nd Nov 2022 11:38 am
gasman

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Who voted Khan in anyway.
You tend to get what you vote for. He made no secret of his intentions.
Do not take the above comment as a vote for Khan, just an observation. Now at the point when I learn something new something old is lost out the other side !
Now retired so it doesn't matter anymore.
Freelander now gone.

Post #427106 22nd Nov 2022 3:04 pm
3landertwo

Re: Mayor Khan kills off FL2’s in London..

sid the cat -Am in the same boat. It’s my understanding that provided the car’s not driven there’d be no charge. But how would the authorities know if I just popped up the road for a paper for example?

I believe the system works on entry and exit perimeter cameras, then uses 'traffic monitoring' cameras [speed/box junction/traffic light/congestion/etc] for inner perimeter journeys.

Post #427107 22nd Nov 2022 3:26 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 9 123456789>