Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Welcome to Freel2.com - say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 55 of 335 <123 ... 545556 ... 333334335>
Print this entire topic · 
bill

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

I took the 'plunge' yesterday and bought a Black GS Auto and am awaiting delivery date.

I loved the 'toys' on the XS and HSE (SE no longer produced) but couldn't justify the extra cost.

I do a lot of towing and must admit that part of my decision to buy was influenced by comments on this forum so thanks very much.

Bill

Post #41487 3rd May 2009 8:19 am
Qique

Netherlands 

Apologies, I did things the wrong way around Embarassed I posted a message on the forum without introducing myself here Whistle

Let me introduce myself officially now:

- Living in the Netherlands
- Having taken the plunge recently and ordered a FL2 S, with a number of dealer options (leather, navigation, towbar)
- Expected build date 22 May, hope to receive 3rd week June
- Love caravanning Rolling with laughter
- Would love to do some off-roading, however no or little opportunity in Netherlands, so always looking for tips Cool
- Am already learning a lot of usefull stuff from the forum, thanks for that Thumbs Up
- Enjoying the read in general here, helps to kill the awful waiting time.

Cheers! FL2 S TD4_e, Santorini Black, with towbar Smile

Post #41493 3rd May 2009 12:25 pm
Stuartr

Iceland 

Hello everyone. You may have seen that I had asked a question about buying a Freelander 2 here in Iceland. Well I went through with it today! I got a fantastic deal (less than 60% of new price) on a Freelander 2 from January 08 -- it only has 8000km. It is dark grey with black leather interior. It is an S, but in Iceland all the S models have leather, heated seats, 17 inch tires and some other kit. It also has the folding mirrors and rain sensing wipers. The previous owner barely used it, and it is essentially as new. I am so excited! It is the perfect car for me -- I am a photographer here in Iceland. I am looking forward to being able to get off the beaten track now -- my previous car restricted me to paved and gravel roads. Many of the best places here are reached via rough dirt roads or trails, and now I will be able to drive out into the countryside.

Anyway, I just bought it this afternoon, but here are some photos I took of it once I got home:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

The roads here beg for a 4x4, and I hope it will take me out further into the countryside -- places even further out than this:
Click image to enlarge

I look forward to getting the car in a few shots in the future!

Stuart

Post #41554 4th May 2009 10:15 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Shocked the ultimate forum sin .orange side indicators.

Laughing hope all goes well Thumbs Up At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #41555 4th May 2009 10:19 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Welcome to the Forum Stuartr

Your an official member now Bow down

Love the Icelandic scenery, feel free to share a little whilst your out and about Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #41556 4th May 2009 10:48 pm
Stuartr

Iceland 

Thanks guys.

What's the deal with the orange side indicators? They were just on the car....

Post #41557 4th May 2009 11:16 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Orange Indicators:
It seems you have to swap them for the clear ones to be accepted on here Rolling Eyes

I did the cheap and simple swap, but must say they do look better Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

PS: congratulations on the new Freely and welcome to the forum Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #41560 5th May 2009 8:21 am
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

congrats!

Post #41562 5th May 2009 8:32 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Stuartr

Iceland 

Thanks Andy and Zone30! Yes, the clear ones do look better, don't they? I don't think I can be bothered to change them though...it's not the kind of thing I would have ever even noticed, let alone spend money to change...but who knows, you people might change my mind. Thanks again for the warm welcome...

Post #41565 5th May 2009 8:51 am
oakwood

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Car looks great. Is that Stornaway or Lago Grey? (I have Stornaway on order, but not quite sure how it will look in the flesh)

I really envy the scenery and off-road driving potential you have. Please put up more pics when you can - and you being a photographer, we expect some quality shots!

I lived a few years in Oman some years ago. I had a Nissan Pathfinder (company car) and 4 L Jeep Wrangler (personal / wife's car). We could drive all over the country - dunes, desert, mountains - pretty well wherever we wanted - for great days out and camping trips. I miss it now in 'tame' Belgium.

On the indicator colour: well the problem is simply having choice. More choice means more to worry about. When buying 2nd hand, its less of an issue as the car is what it is. When buying new, you have all the dilemma of deciding between whats essential, whats a 'must have', and whats just a gimmick. Generally, if you don't ahve the choice, you never even think about it. Except in one example: the lack of storage space in the Freelander 2! (cubby box, etc). I've seen the various DIY options discussed on this site, but I think this is an unforgivable oversight for Land Rover.

Happy driving!

Post #41567 5th May 2009 12:14 pm
AndyC

The clear indicators cost about £30 on ebay and come with the orange bulbs. Fitting takes just several mins and you dont need any tools to fit them - snap out the old ones and snap inn the new. Thumbs Up
Eazy Peazy Lemon Squeezy Laughing 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #41571 5th May 2009 12:51 pm
toeknee

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

I’ve also posted on the forum without introducing myself and as I picked up my 07 FL2 last Thursday, I thought I would also say hello. No photo’s yet but clear indicator lens fitted. Smile

I eventually went for a 07 SE (Black) manual and after yesterday’s jaunt over the N York Moors, it was averaging 34.5 mpg. Really impressed with it and so much better than my old Xtrail (Can’t fault Xtrail, had it for 6 yrs and just under 100,000 miles on the clock)

Post #41595 5th May 2009 8:41 pm
Stuartr

Iceland 

oakwood wrote:
Car looks great. Is that Stornaway or Lago Grey? (I have Stornaway on order, but not quite sure how it will look in the flesh)

I really envy the scenery and off-road driving potential you have. Please put up more pics when you can - and you being a photographer, we expect some quality shots!

I think the car is Stornaway grey -- I am not sure though. Since I bought it used, the color is what it is! If it helps you, it was listed as dökkgrár...just dark grey. I took it off road for the first time today though. It was a beautiful day, and I was amazed out how easy it was. I have no off-roading experience, so I tried to keep it tame, but I still managed to use the hill descent down a bumpy sandy hill onto a beach, then the sand program to drive around the beach a bit (lots of revs!), the way there was a gravel road, so I used that setting, and then I went down a muddy dirt road that had deep ruts in places, so I used the mud ruts program for that. It all went well and I did not bottom out or anything like that. It really gave me a lot of confidence. And the difference on the gravel roads compared to my VW (2003 passat) was staggering -- I hardly felt the potholes, and I had tons of traction. Anyway, I will post a thread in the My Freelander section with pics from today.

As for the indicators, for 30 pounds I hope the left one comes wrapped in a 20 pound note and the right one in a fiver!

Stuart

Post #41600 5th May 2009 10:20 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

hello my name is George and I'm an alcoholic

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #41601 5th May 2009 10:30 pm
AndyC

Stuartr and oakwood - Yes that is a Stornoway Grey same as mine and the best colour choice Thumbs Up

Please ignore the sometimes (almost always) crazy and irrelevant remarks made by another forum pest - ooops member (CG by name) - he can’t help it at least at the moment due to a bad back and plenty of medication. - I do hope he gets better soon Laughing as I guess he will get worse before he gets better Rolling with laughter 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #41605 6th May 2009 6:30 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 55 of 335 <123 ... 545556 ... 333334335>