Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Welcome to Freel2.com - say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 11 of 335 <123 ... 101112 ... 333334335>
Print this entire topic · 
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I'm sorry to say this Tim ole chap, but, you are right. Jeeps have no second hand value here and one of my friends bought one three years ago, he's getting rid of it, not been impressed with it during that time and has just found out the trade value....mind you he is now looking at the V8 diesel RR so cannot compare.

Good luck and keep in touch Dutchie Whistle

Post #3865 17th Jun 2007 10:15 pm
SLW21

United States 

HI FROM THE US HOW IS THE HEAD ROOM IN THE LR2 ? I AM 6,1 Very Happy

Post #3868 18th Jun 2007 4:56 am
carlfraz

A giraffe might struggle but otherwise excellent, following LR's decision to put height adjustment on the driver seat! I'm six foot and if your extra inch is in your spine you'll be fine

Post #3871 18th Jun 2007 9:32 am
Dutchie

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Tim,

I actually disagree bigtime.....I also got more trade in from both BMW, VW and Ford.....so it was'nt just from Jeep.

As for the Freelander, they may be a great car but in Oz, the new JGC just beat Range Rover Sports, Disco 3 and X5 in an indepth review. The Mercedes Quadra Drive 2 Auto and the new diesel engine have been winning all the awards.

An independant review showed that its becoming the usual UK vs USA in the 4x4 vehicles competition.
After an indepth review in trade in value after 3 -5 years, the Jeep had the higher residual value for trade ins.
64% vs 56%

I'm not knocking FL2 as I was in the market to purchase one but the lack of service and support, trade in and unless you have driving the new 2007 JGC, they are a brilliant car........your own Top Gear magazine rated them highly !!! as did What Diesel UK magazine.
In fact, the Oz magazines have ongoing warranty issues to be mindfull of with LR. Seems lots of eletrical problems even with the Disco 3 which I almost bought but was put off. I also read this on numerous LR forums.....

In the end, it's my opinion, I believe I got a better offer, more luxury, bigger car, low range, bigger engine etc.
Do your maths............ Rolling with laughter

I'm also sure the LR get much lower values in the U.S...........hence for me being in a neutral country, Jeep has a much greater value after a few years....... Trust No-one but Yourself

Post #3872 18th Jun 2007 11:41 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
companydriver

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey
back again...

Hi Guys sorry for not replying boiledgnat and carlfraz! I have spent the last few days figuring out how to log back into my userspace!!! Managed it now.

In reply to boiledgnat, I was lucky to get a 3 day test drive as I am a corporate user,,,although I don't c why there should be two sets of rules... But just to stir things up; LR valeted my car and filled the tank up b4 I got it back! Now that's customer service.

Carlfraz, I am totally in agreement with you about companys Censored ing consumers over. We should not be walked over and then bite our tongue about it. Mad

I am collecting my car this Friday and am really looking forward to it Laughing But as a precaution I will be keeping a diary of all faults just in case I have to present them in the future. I will admit to be losing confidence in the car's reliability. First wipers, then not starting, then radio freezes...and now oil leaks!! What next?? Steering wheels coming off in ur hands Exclamation Laughing Laughing Laughing

I suspect that the dealer will be busy updating the electronic gubbins b4 I collect the car. When I wanted to collect a day early, the dealer gave me some line about how they have to time the cleaning of the car with collection and that is why I could not collect it a day early???!!

Any way still excited and have been looking on youtube at an interesting ice testing video for the FL2:

Cheers CD

Post #3913 19th Jun 2007 5:50 pm
PanzerJaeger

Hey guys - New member here.

I just got my '08 fully loaded LR2 a few days ago and I'm loving it! It drives great! I had a disco b4.

Post #3989 23rd Jun 2007 2:56 am
Kangy

Australia 
Greetings

Thanks for the warm welcome Martin on a cold,wet Sydney winters day.Am thinking of a possible purchase of a LR2 later this yr or early next,a white HSE Td4 auto with some extras perhaps.Currently own a 98 Forester Ltd,liked the one piece tailgate without tyre and reviews,so bought new for many trouble free yrs.
After reading all the forum posts it has not detered me from thinking of getting one,in fact it has influenced me more to try as it has given me the confidence to deal with any warranty issue that may arise,what extras that could suit and other advice are valuable too.
like to support the UK car industry and buy British(have a UK passport).It looks great,Diesel option,some nice reviews and drives well,hope i can get the cash together and turn my dreams into reality at a more auspicious time..Thankyou everyone for your contribution..

Post #4005 24th Jun 2007 7:16 am
pj

Iceland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
greetings from Iceland!!

Hello there. Found your site some days ago. Having ordered my first Land Rover i.e. F-2 ever, I got a bit of cold chill seeing all the troubles you guys have had. Thought of cancelling the order but decided to check it out a bit further. I know this vehicle is already selling like...............(please fill in!) so I know that at least in Iceland some 30+ are already on the roads and all but the very first 2-4 which were used for promoting the foreign press are in exellent trouble free condition. (these 2-4 were river swimming, glacier climbing, mud eating experimental creatures!) So mine is on production on Friday the 6th of July and I am thinking of being there by the factory door when the big Range Rover mama brings it into the world!! Smile

Post #4159 28th Jun 2007 11:17 pm
yeomanrycavalry

United States 2007 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Tambora Flame

Hello All! Been enjoying the LR2 since April, and have been extremely happy with it. I'm looking forward to the day we see some serious road rally action with the LR2/Freelander 2.

Post #4188 30th Jun 2007 2:00 pm
carlfraz

Hi to all the new guys!!!! DO NOT BE PUT OFF BY THE MOANS AND GROANS WE HAVE ABOUT THE FL2!! People only moan about things in the Uk they rarely praise things, and if I may speak on behalf of the other owner members, yes you may have a few 'niggles' but overall you will not be disappointed. We have this forum to share our worries and problems, imagine how boring it would be if there was nothing wrong??? I have had a problematic car since day one and OK it is being replaced, but if I was that concerned I would have got my money back and bought something else.....they are great cars and UK's what voted it as one of its 'Cars of the year' di'nt see Jeep BMW or anything else acheiving that!!!!

Post #4195 30th Jun 2007 6:51 pm
pj

Iceland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
moving pictures!!

While I'm sitting here, waiting and waiting for the new car to come, one of the sites I've been searching is YouTube. I've found some some files with videos of the new FL2 LR2, some quite interesting. I wonder if you guys have some more videos to share. It eases the killing pain of waiting and waiting.

Post #4206 30th Jun 2007 10:00 pm
Skylon

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hello ... new member here. I'm currently in the market for a 4WD but to be honest it's mostly going to see the terrains of the urban jungle more than anything else. Had my mind set on a RAV4 but would had like to get a Lexus RX350. Then with some research, found the Freelander 2 would seem to be the best compromise. A vehicle with class and capability but not as steeply priced as the likes of the RX350, X5 or Touareg. It's literally due for launch here in Australia this weekend but I had a test drive last weekend and was very impressed with it. My only concern is ... how reliable is this car. I've read so much bad things about its predecessor! And seen many reference to how Land Rover has rebuilt the Freelander 2 (virtually from scratch) to address the many issues with the first Freelander. Is this true? Hopefully, I can found out from sites like this one. In any case, I hope I can place my order for my Freelander 2 within a month or two.

Post #4285 4th Jul 2007 1:26 pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

Skylon wrote:
Hello ... new member here. I'm currently in the market for a 4WD but to be honest it's mostly going to see the terrains of the urban jungle more than anything else. Had my mind set on a RAV4 but would had like to get a Lexus RX350. Then with some research, found the Freelander 2 would seem to be the best compromise. A vehicle with class and capability but not as steeply priced as the likes of the RX350, X5 or Touareg. It's literally due for launch here in Australia this weekend but I had a test drive last weekend and was very impressed with it. My only concern is ... how reliable is this car. I've read so much bad things about its predecessor! And seen many reference to how Land Rover has rebuilt the Freelander 2 (virtually from scratch) to address the many issues with the first Freelander. Is this true? Hopefully, I can found out from sites like this one. In any case, I hope I can place my order for my Freelander 2 within a month or two.

Hi!

The FL2 is a totally different vehicle from the original FL, not a facelift or update, so any design failings of the FL1 should not be relevant. Build quality of LR's has not been the best in the world, but the evidence would suggest that that is hopefully now becoming historical (though the reputation takes years to shift, e.g. Alfa Romeo).

Of course, any new car design will have its "teething problems", and likewise there will always be the occassional lemon. Although it's still early days, I haven't seen anything to suggest that there is any endemic design or build issue with the FL2. Sure, these forums are full of people's problems, but you need to put that in context by looking at similar forums for Rav4s, Lexuses (Lexi?), X3s and X5s etc.

Post #4286 4th Jul 2007 2:07 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Skylon,

I can say my Landrover FL2 SE TD4, is a good car, yes, it has had one or too little problems, mainly the electrical software and a leak on the rear window near the brake light, but I sort of expected this due to the car relaying on electronics for virtually everything and as you say it has totally been redesigned from the ground up.

I have not done any off road driving, (unless I can class parking my caravan on a field as off roading). But clips and review I have read say it is A1.

I presume the model that will be launched will have most of the latest sofeware updates that we have found are been required over here in the UK.

It is definatley better than the Kia Sportage XS CRDi that i had from new that took 8 months to repair after a motorbike bounced off is dashboard whilst it was parked on my driveway. This got finished off when a van drove into it and wrote it off by ripping most of the front end off (see picture). I can vouch for the Lexus RX350 as my dad had one, nice reliable car never broke down, but parts were expensive, He now has the RX400h Hybrid.

If I was to be in the process of purchasing another car I WOULD look at the FL2 again Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #4287 4th Jul 2007 2:21 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hi group,

Just joined on here a few days ago so thought I'd say hello Bow down
Am pleased to say that I will be the PROUD Thumbs Up owner of a FL2 on Thursday 12th July (next week Very Happy )

Dave

Post #4389 7th Jul 2007 4:30 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 11 of 335 <123 ... 101112 ... 333334335>