Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Welcome to Freel2.com - say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 19 of 335 <123 ... 181920 ... 333334335>
Print this entire topic · 
shar

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

Hi carlfraz , chose the FL2 as have been driving Landrovers for 7 years now it was my dads fault that i got into Landrovers he has always driven them and one day needed the use of a good tow vehicle so borrowed his disco and it all started from there,had a 200tdi k reg disco to start with it had 80000 miles on the clock and i put another 20000 on it then went to a 2002 auto TD5 that was a great vehicle took that all the way to salou in spain last year , i had an invite to our local dealer when the FL2 was launched and decided then that i was going to have one so waited untill now to get one as i know there can be some teething problems with new vehicles....I never even look at any other makes of cars i'm a Landie Lady through and through i love my FL2 and i am always disapointed when i get to my destination as i have to get out of it Big Cry ,they really are great cars , i went to rockingham castle for my Landrover experience half day off roading and that was a blast i was quite nervous but the instructor was a great guy and i went round the off road track follwing a RR Sport and a Disco 3 i have some photos of my LR experience so will pop them on my gallery,thanks to all of you for making me feel so welcome Thumbs Up

Post #9541 5th Nov 2007 12:25 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Shar Me and the wife did Rockingham, and compared to our day up at Tong it was pants honest Thumbs Up Thumbs Up You will have to get yer boots on and go to the next forum arranged day..they are a blast....we will even get GS69, ukdave104, npinks and nightfox as well if we are lucky me and avtur will try to come too Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

Post #9552 5th Nov 2007 8:35 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Thanks Carlfraz, Would love to come Embarassed, and have a bash at it, won't be this year though. Will need to arrange accomodation as it will be quite a drive for us. ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #9554 5th Nov 2007 9:31 pm
ukusa

United States 2007 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

Hello Everyone...............

Have been reading the forums for several months now and finally took the plunge yesterday.

Tambora Flame i6 SE. Got a really good deal as they are phasing out the SE over here.

Drives fantastic. Have problems with sunroof however. Doesn't auto open or close. Have to keep button pressed. Ayone have experience of this?

Post #9803 12th Nov 2007 12:12 am
builder

England 

Hi. Just over a week ago I placed my order for a new FREE 2 HSE Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter with a few extras including auto gearbox, removable tow bar with full electrics, black side tubes and door protecting bits for when the wife takes it to Tesco Shocked Shocked Shocked .

I wanted it for my birthday which is early January but to get the colour and leather etc that I wanted the dealeship could not get one in until 21 Jan Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad .

As the new 08 plate comes out in March 1st I have decided to wait till then as I did get a verygood deal. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

One question I would like answered is, when is the first service due. is it after 15,000 miles or is there a service due before then Question

Post #10406 21st Nov 2007 1:18 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

not sure on the Auto version, but the manual is every 15000miles Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #10407 21st Nov 2007 1:28 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

According to my dealer, service is 15,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first. ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #10411 21st Nov 2007 2:18 pm
builder

England 

Thanks for that.
I was not sure if it had to go back after a few thousand miles to have bits and pieces tightened or adjusted as in the olden days Laughing

Post #10436 21st Nov 2007 8:54 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

UKdave is right, but also the info screen in the dash will show you when you are getting close to a service and LR recommends having it carried out within 1000 miles IIRC. So it's due when the indicator tells you, or 12 months or at 15000 miles, whichever comes first. In my last RRSport the service required symbol appeared about 10 days before it's second birthday this year and that was at about 18000 miles. It all depends on how you drive the car How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #10439 21st Nov 2007 9:34 pm
builder

England 

Thanks for that Tim.
Whats the Hario pack about in your gallery Question

Post #10440 21st Nov 2007 10:02 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

They were some give-aways that LR were giving away at the launch of F2 and at the MPH06 show, I had six of them but resorted to eating the other 5 packs when the Maunards ran out on the 500 mile drive home from the show! How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #10443 21st Nov 2007 10:28 pm
zorglub44

France 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi, i'm a new free 2 owner since 1 week. it replace a Disco 3 and a free 1
This freelander is a wonderful car: nice, pleasant to drive. Very Happy Very Happy Freelander 2 TD4 SE AUTO

Post #11056 1st Dec 2007 9:12 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Welcome zorglub44

always good to see new members

So you like the car, and have chosen the right colour aswell Very Happy

How does it compare with your old D3? Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #11058 1st Dec 2007 10:26 pm
zorglub44

France 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

npinks wrote:
Welcome zorglub44

always good to see new members

So you like the car, and have chosen the right colour aswell Very Happy

How does it compare with your old D3?

FL2 compared to DIII?

FL2: more nervous, gearbox (auto) more reactive , look, less MPG , radio sound, and better road holding capabilitites. The TD4 sound is not too bad . Very Happy Very Happy

DIII: more and more space, silence, TDV6 sound Big Cry (marvelous) but too heavy

the FL2 is really polyvalent and it's a bvery beautiful car Freelander 2 TD4 SE AUTO

Post #11060 1st Dec 2007 11:16 pm
Steves' fl2

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi everybody,

Had the FL2 now for 2 weeks Very Happy I am thoroughly enjoying this new driving position, last car Jag2.7D.

Engine a little noisier than the v6 I was used too, but the comfort from these seats is fantastic. I am further impressed with the array of toys on hand.

Truely a pleasure to drive Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks to all the contributers, the spirit and info is both useful and interesting, already changed my side repeaters!

All the best Steve. Thumbs Up Remenber, Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, love truely, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile.

Land Rover Freelander 2 TD4 HSE (Auto)
Gorgeous Stornoway with Ebony &
Side Steps

Last edited by Steves' fl2 on 11th Dec 2007 7:11 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #11485 11th Dec 2007 9:59 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 19 of 335 <123 ... 181920 ... 333334335>