Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Influence the freelander 3. Your wish list.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 11 of 18 <123 ... 101112 ... 161718>
Print this entire topic · 
Boxer

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

chicken george wrote:
get auto lights then you dont care where the switch is, the clock is moved on newer models, yu would need to loose the spare wheel to lower the boot sill, I dont like hse armrests too fussy, would like a leather wheel though

Thought the first thing on your list would be a nice set of wheels. Whistle Don't put petrol in a diesel. They don't run well.

Post #57379 29th Jan 2010 5:16 pm
xxtrail

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

CG

Quote:
get auto lights then you dont care where the switch is, the clock is moved on newer models, yu would need to loose the spare wheel to lower the boot sill, I dont like hse armrests too fussy, would like a leather wheel though

Laughing Got auto lights but they don't come on early enough for me (would prefer daytime running lights), its the F/R Fogs that you can't really locate. Spare wheel could be mounted vertically on side panel. If you don't like the armrests you can swing them up out of the way, they were super on my F1.

Would also like a fuel gauge that goes down to a red line and THEN gives you a 50 mile reserve (like most of my previous cars) rather than a yellow led and beep when you have just under a quarter of a tank. OR redo the gauge to give a red line or red block when you hit the reserve. Was GS TD4 Auto, Privacy, Santorini with Tundra & Alpaca, Cold Climate Pack. Traded for Discovery Sport HSE Auto.

Post #57381 29th Jan 2010 5:22 pm
Rowy

Quote:
xxtrail
Would also like a fuel gauge that goes down to a red line and THEN gives you a 50 mile reserve (like most of my previous cars) rather than a yellow led and beep when you have just under a quarter of a tank. OR redo the gauge to give a red line or red block when you hit the reserve.

I Just rely on the range readout on the computer.
I wait for it to show 0 miles, Then start looking for a petrol station-I love the buzz from the Will I Won't I make it to that texaco sign in the distance Laughing

Last edited by Rowy on 29th Jan 2010 5:30 pm. Edited 3 times in total

Post #57385 29th Jan 2010 5:28 pm
xxtrail

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Boxer

Quote:
Thought the first thing on your list would be a nice set of wheels. Whistle

As far as I'm concerned I've got the best wheels, easy to clean, don't ruin the ride and don't get kerbed. You can keep your multi-spoked large diameter rubbish. Too much time to clean and a waste of money, not to mention the cost of the rubber. Rolling with laughter Was GS TD4 Auto, Privacy, Santorini with Tundra & Alpaca, Cold Climate Pack. Traded for Discovery Sport HSE Auto.

Post #57386 29th Jan 2010 5:29 pm
The Doc

United Kingdom 

I'm sold I'm getting non HSE wheels on the way home Thumbs Up

NOT

Post #57387 29th Jan 2010 5:30 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

xxtrail wrote:

Would also like a fuel gauge that goes down to a red line and THEN gives you a 50 mile reserve (like most of my previous cars) rather than a yellow led and beep when you have just under a quarter of a tank. OR redo the gauge to give a red line or red block when you hit the reserve.

I filled my car up last week when it was just below half a tank mark (by the width of the needle) and 44.58L into the tank. Thats NOT half a tank Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #57389 29th Jan 2010 5:31 pm
Rowy

1990's Transit vans used to be bad for that- on a Full tank you could do 100 miles before it dropped Down to the F mark and half a tank mark was a tenners worth.

Post #57392 29th Jan 2010 5:41 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I went beyond 0 miles range and the engine went into 20mph limp mode At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #57401 29th Jan 2010 6:02 pm
Rowy

I do it twice a week, Ya wanna try joining the A590 bypass in limp mode Embarassed

Post #57416 29th Jan 2010 6:20 pm
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Love the LR2, but would change a few items;

Make touchscreen more multipurpose to control stereo and maybe even instead of the knob for terrain control do it through the screen. When offroading and you have the wheel position displayed on the small green LCD you should have the option to show that on the Nav screen, it would be far easier to make use of it then.

Combine telephone module into touchscreen - Currently when multiple numbers under one contact you cannot tell which of teir numbers you are selecting.

A more powerful petrol engine would not be bad

A proper sport model

Optional air suspension - maybe standard on HSE and sport model

LED lighting inside and out

Electronic oil level gauge in display on start up

Just my 2p Thumbs Up Once you've tasted GREY you'll never go back!

Post #57627 31st Jan 2010 7:23 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Many of the suggestions (wish-lists) made so far, some like/need others dont. I doubt if it would ever be possible to agree on a list of changes/improvements Question

One easy improvement which most if not all would benefit from. If the reserve wheel had been mounted the opposite way up to it is today. The resulting cavity inside wheel could be lined and used as a storage place for small items. This is a feature which at least BMW utilize, was used often on my last drive.

In adition:
Better lighting (double LED type) in the boot would aslo help find what you got hidden there as well.

If only there was a roll up security netting from the luggage cover holder, which was movable for use behind the front seats when rear seats are folded down (again BMW type). Another feature that is greatly missed. 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #57629 31st Jan 2010 9:59 am
On-board

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

I cant ask for any more - more gadgets equals more problems.

Only thing which Nobody has said is I always think the center console (where the radio is) seems to wide. I have to sit with my left leg inwards towards my right as my knee-cap keeps resting on that side.

Makes them soar after a while. Wink

But thats just being fussy, my real beefs on the defender with no shoulder room but thats another story. Yawn

Post #57630 31st Jan 2010 10:00 am
SkipperJonce

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Definitely NOT a split tail gate. Reminds me of the ancient range rovers! Electronic oil guage on ignition would be nice. Also that stereo bluetooth thing so I can play music direct from the mobile without messing around with cables. '07 XS Stornoway Grey

Post #57681 1st Feb 2010 11:54 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

On-board wrote:

Only thing which Nobody has said is I always think the center console (where the radio is) seems to wide. I have to sit with my left leg inwards towards my right as my knee-cap keeps resting on that side.

you can get an offical LR fat Censored kit....basically some padding that goes over the console..called a comfort kit or similar. or stop eating so many pies Laughing At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #57695 1st Feb 2010 1:32 pm
Matthius

Poland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Auto Stornoway Grey

On-board wrote:

Actually, I did - although in my case it's the right leg that suffers the bruises. Being 6ft 5" tall does not help.

Post #57699 1st Feb 2010 2:10 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 11 of 18 <123 ... 101112 ... 161718>