Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Influence the freelander 3. Your wish list.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 12 of 18 <123 ... 111213 ... 161718>
Print this entire topic · 
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

chicken george wrote:

you can get an offical LR fat Censored kit....basically some padding that goes over the console..called a comfort kit or similar. or stop eating so many pies Laughing

Bet you wouldn't say that to Mattius Question He is 6' 5" and eats chicken farmers for breakfast Laughing 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #57711 1st Feb 2010 5:57 pm
Lr2maker

United Kingdom 
Thank you all for your input.

All ideas passed on. Let's see what turns up in the fl3. Better you get input rather than the beancounters. Live your life be free-lander

Post #57716 1st Feb 2010 6:34 pm
On-board

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

chicken george wrote:
On-board wrote:

Only thing which Nobody has said is I always think the center console (where the radio is) seems to wide. I have to sit with my left leg inwards towards my right as my knee-cap keeps resting on that side.

you can get an offical LR fat Censored kit....basically some padding that goes over the console..called a comfort kit or similar. or stop eating so many pies Laughing

Couple of old hessium sacks held up by balertwine round the center bit might be easier.

And il have you know im on a diet - but the mrs isnt Rolling with laughter

Right better get off down the chippy for cod and chips with plenty of scraps. Laughing

Post #57717 1st Feb 2010 6:44 pm
freewheeler

2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Lago Grey
wish list, late to the party

For me, the No 1 thing to focus on is the terrible reputation for reliability. Maybe this doesn't apply as much to FL2 but until the manufacturer gets off the bottom of the Which? surveys it must be a very high priority item in developing any new models. If unreliability is caused by an over-reliance on electronics, or air suspension on RR or Disco, then engineer around this potential fault and do not introduce it to FL3. And remember 4x4s are wider cars with a chance they actually do go off-road, so do not put indicators into the wing mirrors which jacks up the repair costs.

** RANT ALERT ** (substitute any modern car here)

Also, when introducing something new, argue you case for the benefits of the feature. Is there a real benefit in eg electronic handbrake vs manual or are you copying what other manufacturers are doing. Does a "feature" really add to a car. So - if you put your shopping on the front passenger seat, are you happy when the car beeps and tells you to put the seatbelt on. Got a sleeping child in the car, I open the drivers door and the car beeps to tell me the key is in the ignition. I know both those things and I should never have to accomodate the car, but with certain "comfort" features I find myself working around them. At least provide an interface to turn these things off.What about that ridiculous "solution" to getting into FL2 (via passenger door and hidden key entry) if the remote locking fails? Other options which would be really helpful - like an assisted boot close, or ski hatch in the rear seats - aren't standard. Any why, when the majority of people are right handed, do I have the key system on the left of the steering wheel?

RANT OVER

Now, I am a FL2 fan and fully committed owner. What I'd look for in FL3 is same sized car with good driving feel(prefer "heavier" steering than in FL2), low noise levels, better use of space in the boot, great offroad capabilities compared to same sized alternatives, stronger brakes, leather steering wheel / handbrake / gear (where I "touch" the car"), good audio as standard, cheaper manufacturer accessories (£1000 for fitted tow bar and cycle carrier!!!!!!!!!!!!) and 5yr warranty.

Available for other rants and customer clinics with 2 days notice for those about to rock...

Post #72813 27th Jul 2010 11:12 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

you can de-activate the seatbelt chime
http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic1510.html?highlight=chime At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #72819 27th Jul 2010 1:03 pm
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Put the OEM TomTom as the satnav..... Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #72821 27th Jul 2010 1:33 pm
1STFREELANDER

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

I have an XS Auto, and its got most of what I want. The things I would like would not cost much to put in as they are already used in other models in the LR/Jaguar range, so here goes.

A seat that is fully adjustable (8 way as on every other electric seat) or just import the VW seat with variable lumber support position.
An eletric handbrake freeing up enough space for a centre armrest.
Proper keyless entry/start.
USB or SD card input.
Smaller centre consul with functions transferred to the touchscreen.
Spare wheel underneath allowing space under floor for storage.
storage compartments in boot (look at VW's)
5yr Warranty.
£250 3yr servicing
Smoother engine.
8 speed ZF gearbox.

Post #72833 27th Jul 2010 4:27 pm
lmorris4975

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Better Quality of leather used for the seats, and the blue dash lights from the Jag XF they are sweet. Bow down

Post #72874 27th Jul 2010 10:29 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

A decent bluetooth system that allows you to actually speak on the phone without having to hang up & call on a landline or when the car/engine is stopped due to not being able to make out what the other person is saying as the present system is way below par or at least mine is! Censored Would be better off with a tin can & a bit of string!

A better clutch so you don't get the lagging feel on acceleration. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #72883 28th Jul 2010 12:49 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Stompy

United Kingdom 

Executive Valeter wrote:
A decent bluetooth system that allows you to actually speak on the phone without having to hang up & call on a landline or when the car/engine is stopped due to not being able to make out what the other person is saying as the present system is way below par or at least mine is! Censored Would be better off with a tin can & a bit of string!

A better clutch so you don't get the lagging feel on acceleration.

I find the bluetooth is perfectly well behaved, maybe it's your phone, My wife and I both have Iphone 3gs's and I also have a Nokia 8800 carbon and they all pair well, download the entire phonebook and the call quality is excellent.

The clutches and gear ratios on the manual boxes are not to my taste either.

Post #72898 28th Jul 2010 9:50 am
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Executive Valeter wrote:

That reminds me, I had a Manual as a loaner when mine was in for some work. Tried very hard to get the lag and nothing, I found it fine. Just a pain having to press the pedals, wiggle the lever, lift the pedal to make it go!!

But there was definitely no lag on acceleration. Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #72901 28th Jul 2010 11:00 am
chrisuk

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

I'd like to have (in addition to standard HSE spec):

1. Auto boot opening/closing
2. Keyless entry & start (key in pocket).
3. Steering to feel more heavier (current FL2 steering is wayyyyy too light)
4. iPod/iPhone (or standard aux input device) controlling via steering wheel & display via Sat Nav screen.
5. Reverse camera (again showing in Sat Nav screen)
6. Ability for the clock screensaver to be selected as the default screen display (hate having to select it everytime I get in the car).
7. Sunglasses Holder
8. More cubby holes (or even covers for the center console). I have nowhere to leave my house keys in !!
9. Ability for the Bluetooth to recognise all previous programmed in phones (instead of just looking for the last one used). Make this functionality able to accept multiple devices.
10. Digital speedo (maybe even a Head up display on the window ?)
11. USB input (for charging devices & plugging in for music)

Post #72906 28th Jul 2010 11:32 am
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Stompy wrote:
Executive Valeter wrote:

I find the bluetooth is perfectly well behaved, maybe it's your phone, My wife and I both have Iphone 3gs's and I also have a Nokia 8800 carbon and they all pair well, download the entire phonebook and the call quality is excellent.

The clutches and gear ratios on the manual boxes are not to my taste either.

Definately not the phones as it is like it on every phone that is used & I have paired 4 now Censored (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #72960 29th Jul 2010 12:07 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chrisuk

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

I've found the BT to be fine.

Thats tested with an iPhone 3GS & Blackberry Bold

Post #72962 29th Jul 2010 7:55 am
TrickiDicki

Australia 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Alaska White

- Centre console instead of individual seat arm rests
- Reversing camera (with the cool guidance lines like VW - yay!)
- AM radio reception that doesn't get Censored up window tinting
- sunglasses holder
- a bit more rear legroom
- larger boot (move the spare under the car?)
- colour-matched wing mirrors
- linear power from a standing start
- don't Censored up the looks!

Post #72976 29th Jul 2010 12:02 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 12 of 18 <123 ... 111213 ... 161718>