Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Coronavirus
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 30 of 66 <123 ... 293031 ... 646566>
Print this entire topic · 
Navigator

Scotland 

I understand it is a product used in the antipodes to keep sewers flowing. Everyone can spread it - Anyone can catch it. Stay home - the life you save can be your own!

Post #389026 26th Mar 2020 11:11 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Something along those lines!

It was simply funny that they filled so many shelves so the supermarket didn't look so empty. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #389027 26th Mar 2020 11:40 am
Jimboland

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Self Isolation

We are a week into self isolation and it's very upsetting for me to witness my wife standing at the living room window staring aimlessly into space, with tears running down her cheeks.

It breaks my heart to see her like this. I've thought very hard about how I can cheer her up. I've even considered letting her come in, but rules are rules!

J

Post #389045 26th Mar 2020 9:02 pm
Jimboland

Boxbrownie wrote:
Mowog wrote:
Of course it's about privilege

Nobody else can go to the holiday home to rest!

( remember, he didn't get tested until he was in Scotland)

As I said.......perks of the job Rolling with laughter

Sort of a perk but, if a 50 year old brain surgeon felt a bit dicky one weekend do you think he might get tested before anything else?

Of course he would, strictly he shouldn’t but his job warrants it......and frankly the heir to the throne does as well, I don’t think it’s just privilege.

Not true: a 50 year old surgeon may not get a test. This is true

Cassie (her real Christian name) a relative of mine, is woking as a front line A&E Registrar in the Royal Free Hospital in London, one of the designated on Corona virus recieving hospitals, cannot get a test for the Corona virus. She works a 12 hour shift and has to face a one hour journey to and from work by public transport. Family is working to make a car available to her so she doesn't have to use the tube. So you say Charles job warrants it. What job is that? A life of jollies, protection and privilege irrespective of the cost and in this case risk to life of others who are working to save the lives of the many. And I remind you, the many are the taxpayers that finance his life of utter luxury and protection for someone who gets all he has due purely to an accicent of birth no matter how suitable he will be for the "job" in hand. It may be a bit un-Christian me of me, but if I were in the dreadful position of only being able to save one of those lives, Cassie or P Charles, I would have to choose the useful one, and not because she is a relative.

J

Post #389046 26th Mar 2020 9:23 pm
Grue

New Zealand 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Sumatra Black

Quote:
Australian Tim Tam shortage

Good to know - TimTam section was near overflowing here this morning, but if there's a shortage in the pipeline then forget stocking up on toilet paper...

Post #389047 26th Mar 2020 9:31 pm
MotionInc

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

Jimboland wrote:
Self Isolation

We are a week into self isolation and it's very upsetting for me to witness my wife standing at the living room window staring aimlessly into space, with tears running down her cheeks.

It breaks my heart to see her like this. I've thought very hard about how I can cheer her up. I've even considered letting her come in, but rules are rules!

J

Jimbo, some rules are meant to be broken. You are welcome..... Wink Rolling with laughter

Post #389049 26th Mar 2020 10:30 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

I am not a Royalist but I do recognise that we benefit from the fact that this small country punches well above its weight in a number of areas globally. It might seem outdated but the monarchy does contribute to the economy an awful lot of global PR and tourism trade. Sure there a lot of hangers on and ladies wearing enormous hats but some of them even drive (and right off) LandRovers so they can't be all that bad. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #389053 27th Mar 2020 10:43 am
tooslow964

Wales 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Boxbrownie wrote:
Absolutely no idea what that is......

There's a boat in Looe called Tim Tam Very Happy

Believe it's like a Penguin (not the boat Smile )

Post #389055 27th Mar 2020 10:56 am
Lightwater

PM Boris Johnson tests positive for coronavirus

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52060791 Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #389059 27th Mar 2020 11:27 am
Jimboland

Let's hope that he will improve the television by staying away from the daily briefing.

Thumbs Up

J

Post #389061 27th Mar 2020 11:49 am
Lightwater

Idiots running every country.

Down under idiots running each state as well. While different levels of governments are telling us to stay at home & wash our hands. 2700 passangers run amok around Sydney & fly interstate spreading Coronavirus. Border personal didn't want to get anywhere near the passengers so didn't check any passports either! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Post #389067 27th Mar 2020 12:39 pm
nick the greek

Greece 

Hi there,

Just wanted to share a doctor's daily video channel. He gives informed opinion and updates. Well worth it if you'd like to get more detail:-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF9IOB2TExg3QIBupFtBDxg 2013 SE TD4 in Mauritius Blue [Written off]

Post #389068 27th Mar 2020 12:40 pm
Mowog

Jimboland wrote:
Boxbrownie wrote:
Mowog wrote:

Sort of a perk but, if a 50 year old brain surgeon felt a bit dicky one weekend do you think he might get tested before anything else?

Of course he would, strictly he shouldn’t but his job warrants it......and frankly the heir to the throne does as well, I don’t think it’s just privilege.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Cassie (her real Christian name) a relative of mine, is woking as a front line A&E Registrar in the Royal Free Hospital in London, one of the designated on Corona virus recieving hospitals, cannot get a test for the Corona virus. She works a 12 hour shift and has to face a one hour journey to and from work by public transport. Family is working to make a car available to her so she doesn't have to use the tube. So you say Charles job warrants it. What job is that? A life of jollies, protection and privilege irrespective of the cost and in this case risk to life of others who are working to save the lives of the many. And I remind you, the many are the taxpayers that finance his life of utter luxury and protection for someone who gets all he has due purely to an accicent of birth no matter how suitable he will be for the "job" in hand. It may be a bit un-Christian me of me, but if I were in the dreadful position of only being able to save one of those lives, Cassie or P Charles, I would have to choose the useful one, and not because she is a relative.

J

Post #389088 27th Mar 2020 8:49 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Jimboland wrote:
Boxbrownie wrote:
Mowog wrote:

J

It will be true by next week ........as soon as the test kits become available widely, at the moment there is a real shortage as we all know, but Doctors WILL get tested if they are showing signs, how do I know this?

My Son is an A&E Doctor at a West Midlands hospital presently working on the CV-19 wards.

I suspect London has a greater shortage than other areas at the moment. Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Last edited by Boxbrownie on 28th Mar 2020 7:22 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #389090 27th Mar 2020 9:28 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

tooslow964 wrote:
Boxbrownie wrote:
Absolutely no idea what that is......

There's a boat in Looe called Tim Tam Very Happy

Not seen that one..... Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #389091 27th Mar 2020 9:33 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 30 of 66 <123 ... 293031 ... 646566>