Page 31 of 66 <123 ... 303132 ... 646566>
Print this entire topic · 
MotionInc

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

Tim Tams are not available in Canada....... Sad

Post #389092 27th Mar 2020 10:37 pm
ggb

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

Used to see Tim tams here a few years back. Closest thing we have is a Penguin but just not the same. Wasn’t there something about biting opposite corners off then sucking your tea through the biscuit? Never tried it though.

Post #389097 28th Mar 2020 12:23 am
Jimboland

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Boxbrownie wrote:
Mowog wrote:
Of course it's about privilege

Nobody else can go to the holiday home to rest!

( remember, he didn't get tested until he was in Scotland)

As I said.......perks of the job Rolling with laughter

Sort of a perk but, if a 50 year old brain surgeon felt a bit dicky one weekend do you think he might get tested before anything else?

Of course he would, strictly he shouldn’t but his job warrants it......and frankly the heir to the throne does as well, I don’t think it’s just privilege.

See here https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52064450

This transplant surgeon only got a test after he was admitted to hospital with suspected Corona virus. May be if he could have had a test when he first had symptoms the outcome could have been different.

J

Post #389111 28th Mar 2020 11:26 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Yes Minister The Compassionate Society

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5v4rhh Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #389113 28th Mar 2020 11:34 am
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Jimboland wrote:
Boxbrownie wrote:
Mowog wrote:
Of course it's about privilege

Nobody else can go to the holiday home to rest!

( remember, he didn't get tested until he was in Scotland)

As I said.......perks of the job Rolling with laughter

Sort of a perk but, if a 50 year old brain surgeon felt a bit dicky one weekend do you think he might get tested before anything else?

Of course he would, strictly he shouldn’t but his job warrants it......and frankly the heir to the throne does as well, I don’t think it’s just privilege.

See here https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52064450

This transplant surgeon only got a test after he was admitted to hospital with suspected Corona virus. May be if he could have had a test when he first had symptoms the outcome could have been different.

J

Yes, my point......if a "key" (I hate to use the term) NHS worker shows signs they get tested, if they are (sorry but true) lower down the pecking order up until now they just had to self isolate unless showing serious symptoms and admitted.

But as I said 12 hours before the announcement (don't ask) across the board tests are being rolled out from this week.

That must be the second NHS Doctor to succumb now, the first was at Southend Hospital. Crying or Very sad Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #389114 28th Mar 2020 12:09 pm
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

Jimboland wrote:

J

There is no treatment for Cov19 only organ support.
Intubating someone and putting them on a ventilator simply buys the patient some more time to make a recovery if their immune system is still capable of doing so. If they cannot overcome the disease then they still die, only more slowly.

Having a Covid19 test result at home doesnt really influence the decision whether to ventilate later in hospital , that is more about physiology and other factors including resource limitations.
As ICU resources become scarce then increasingly difficult decisions will need to be made about who gets what, when and where.

For example, I read that in Italy one of the criteria to ventilate the very elderly was whether they had a supporting family as it is known that those that live alone do much worse post hospital than those with a close caring family . Jules

Post #389122 28th Mar 2020 4:56 pm
tooslow964

Wales 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Boxbrownie wrote:
tooslow964 wrote:
Boxbrownie wrote:
Absolutely no idea what that is......

There's a boat in Looe called Tim Tam Very Happy

Not seen that one.....

Usually moored in the middle of the river opposite the fish market if I recall, quite a large yacht - if it's still there, not been down for a few years

Post #389123 28th Mar 2020 5:14 pm
Boxbrownie

I’ll take a look in about 4-6 months time Shocked Whistle Regards

David

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #389125 28th Mar 2020 6:11 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

A friend who is a hospital consultant told me that there is an article in the Lancet that says that with Coronavirus there is a 24% mortality rate if admitted to hospital, and 97% if you need a ventilator. Which makes me think that the ventilator story is a PR issue. Although I guess 3% would disagree with me. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #389129 28th Mar 2020 7:45 pm
jules

here it is https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/...4/fulltext

But within it another report indicate icu motaility of 62% and 81% for ventilated patients.

More recently UK data from ICNARC indicate a ICU mortality of 50% and a ventilator mortality of 65%

https://www.icnarc.org/About/Latest-News/2...h-Covid-19

https://www.icnarc.org/ world's single largest database of critical care patients with over 1.5 million patient in the database. Jules

Last edited by jules on 28th Mar 2020 10:41 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #389132 28th Mar 2020 10:09 pm
Boxbrownie

Yes, my Son told me today the latest figures worked from the China data is a total mortality rate of 4%.....up from the original estimate of 1%.....but to be frank that was a lot of guesstimating and low to avoid too much panic. Regards

David

Post #389133 28th Mar 2020 10:21 pm
jules

jules wrote:

More recently UK data from ICNARC indicate a ICU mortality of 50% and a ventilator mortality of 65%

Which is about twice the mortality of ventilated patients during our previous UK flu outbreaks in recent years. Jules

Post #389135 28th Mar 2020 10:51 pm
MotionInc

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

Boxbrownie wrote:
Yes, my Son told me today the latest figures worked from the China data is a total mortality rate of 4%.....up from the original estimate of 1%.....but to be frank that was a lot of guesstimating and low to avoid too much panic.

I'd say your son's estimate is close to the truth but it's likely +25% higher in reality. Looks like in the USA, for example, Cheetolini would prefer the uncounted death's to be attributed to flu vs. COVID-19. Some folk will never even make it to the hospital given that in a 24 hour period or less, it seems that you can become critically ill.

It appears that depending on the viral load you are exposed to, your immune system may not have the time to start fighting the virus until it's too late. Not enough time for enough antibodies to do the job. Never the less an Italian(?) woman who is 102 years old, survived COVID after 20 days. Don't know it she was on a vent or not, but I would have to think so? That should give anyone a smile!

Post #389139 29th Mar 2020 12:27 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

I don’t know how it will ever be possible to work out a reliable mortality rate, when we have a good idea of the number of deaths in the U.K. but only very vague guesses at the number who are (or have been) infected. A great many people suffering from the symptoms of Covid-19 in the UK are told not to even report it and have zero chance of getting tested, so will never be included in any mortality rate calculations.

Post #389140 29th Mar 2020 6:56 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Sydney Northern Beaches has one of the highest Covid-19 rates in Australia, this doesn't help! Back of the envelope calcs probably 500 kids today.

Click image to enlarge
 Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #389141 29th Mar 2020 7:32 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 31 of 66 <123 ... 303132 ... 646566>