Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Australia & New Zealand > How much did you pay for a TD4 SE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
ChrisJH

Australia 

I don't think I'd be able to wait 4 months for a car... we waited 3 months for our mazda 3, but didn't care as we had a pug 307 lemon, which took 5 months to sell!

We were quoted $54,400 for the white TD4 SE, and $56,200 odd for the Grey SE TD4.

Should be able to get that down further I'd say....

Cheers,

Chris.

Post #26708 4th Sep 2008 3:06 am
Fishy

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Kaboom!!!!! Thats your budget being blown!!!! Great to hear that your test drive went well and you found the FL2 to be such a good drive, like we all did. You just know after driving it that going back to something else youll forever be thinking dam i wish i paid the extra to get the FL2. If you liked the diesel and can get it at a good price then probably go for that.

If you are going to get white id suggest you get the black/ebony leather as IMHO the alpaca/almond wouldnt look or match that well. Add some nice dark window tint to it too and the white isnt so boring.

If you liked the diesel and can get it at a good price then probably go for that. Especially if you are going to do a bit of offroading as the extra torque will be good. i must admit the majority of my driving is on the roads and in and around the 'burbs so the zip and acceleration of the i6 appealed to me. You should be able to get a really good price for an 08 SE as they will be desperate to get rid of the stock. The differences between 08 and 09 are insignificant especially white with the black leather. As Dorko said if you want clear indicators you can get them on ebay - the Poms are obsessed with having them.

How do you manage to get 3 years free servicing out of them? Is it a coporate thing or did i miss something?

Hey Dorko i dont think that is me in the Hay St carpark but occasionaly the missus drives the FL2 work and parks it in the city so maybe? But that would only be once a week or less. 2008 FL2 HSE i6 Stornoway Grey Ebony Premium Pack Sunroof Indash Navman Illegal Window Tint Smile

Post #26709 4th Sep 2008 3:11 am
ChrisJH

Australia 

Definitely there goes the budget..... Sad That said, I reckon we'll be able to get them to move some more on that, so we'll see what happens. We're keen, but not so much that we won't walk if we don't get a good deal.

I want the extra warranty, which is 3 years and an extra 60,000km as well. That's another 2K. This is the car we plan to keep for awhile, so the extra warranty will give us peice of mind motoring for the whole time we own the car...

Na, we liked the petrol, but prefered the diesel, mostly due to the fact we want to keep the car for ages. We figure we'll get our money's worth, and the resale might be a bit better.

The white only comes in Ebony, as far as I know... well at least all they have in stock.

We'll try for an MY09, but will be happy for the MY08. Probably get a better deal on the MY08 like you said.

The free 3 years servicing is for corporate customers from Landrover, who purchase a car outright.. They need to work for a company the turns over 30mil a year, and has at least 10 people eligible for a fleet car. There might be other conditions as well. It's Landrovers way of getting into the corporate scene. I am not sure my company qualifies, due to the fact it's a wealth management company we don't offer much sal sac on cars to many staff, only the execs.

To be honest, I'd rather just get the price down, and pay for the servicing myself.

Cheers guys,

Chris.

Post #26711 4th Sep 2008 5:22 am
Fishy

Is the sales guy your dealing with the english guy? cant remember his name??? My best advice is to tell them that your serious about buying the car but only want to spend X amount and thats it and youve noticed they have had the stock there for awhile and your happy to take one off them for the right price. Be prepared to walk away and leave it with them. It took me 3 weeks to make a deal but eventually they rang me to come back down.

I thought that the standard warranty was 3 years 100000kms? or do you mean the extended warranty is another 3 years and 60000kms?

Dorko iv got the premium pack and it rocks. I love it. It really finishes the car off and makes an already great looking car look awesome. i too havent seen another FL2 with the premium pack driving around Perth as yet. Which is kinda cool as it make me feel extra special Very Happy but yeah a 4 month wait is a long time, maybe because you had to wait for them to start production of the 09s from the factory? but 4 months is a long long time? have you spoken to them yet to confirm that it is on its way?

also what do you mean the HSE has $3600 in movement? 2008 FL2 HSE i6 Stornoway Grey Ebony Premium Pack Sunroof Indash Navman Illegal Window Tint Smile

Post #26712 4th Sep 2008 6:38 am
ChrisJH

Australia 

Na the sales guys was some young guy... he looked pretty scruffy for a luxury car salesman.

We've got a number in mind, and we'll see if we can get it to that. If not, we'll walk.

yeah the extended warranty is an extra 3 years and 60000km, taking the warranty to 6years and 160,000Km.

Cheers,

Chris.

Post #26716 4th Sep 2008 6:47 am
Fishy

i dealt with the older/middle aged english guy always dressed in a suit. He was pretty reasonable actually (well as nice as car salesmen can be!) but at the end of the day it is all down to the guy that sits in the back room pretending to crunch the numbers on your offer each time the salesman takes it to him, shakes his head and sends him back out to get a higher price out of you.

Are you looking at buying one they have in stock or oder one? i reckon they will be keen to sell you an 08 SE as they prob have been sitting there for a while. Did they have any demos? 2008 FL2 HSE i6 Stornoway Grey Ebony Premium Pack Sunroof Indash Navman Illegal Window Tint Smile

Post #26717 4th Sep 2008 7:11 am
Dorko

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Geez.... I do some work and come back and theres so many posts!

Ok, i was like you Fishy wanted a good price, even though the Lease company got a good price, but i wanted to make sure. So as my wife says, I am a tight arse and will bargain for anything even at Wollies.

So anyway this sales man got so Censored he decided to show me the margins in the HSE. It was $3600 and a few dollars. So i got a $3400 and i was well happy! lol I saw it in black and white on the sales list from the manager. So if you want a HSE wipe off $3400 atleast!

Since June i have only seen one FL2 in Silver with premium pack. The rest are all SE models. So Fishy you wont feel as special when i get my Freelander, i will strut my black wheels up and down St Georges Tce with my DORKO number plate! hahahhahaha

Is it worth keeping a car for long periods? Go a lease i say, you get a new car every 3 years and you dont have to worry about selling it, just hand the keys back! Thumbs Up

How else do you thing the rich get richer!

Dorko

Post #26719 4th Sep 2008 7:38 am
Fishy

im with you dorko i love a good old haggle to get a good deal. Hell i work hard for my money (well not too hard today as my number of posts gives away Laughing ) so why should i give it to someone else by paying full price.

for future knowledge with you leasing the car did the leasing company do all the negotiating for you or did you do it? If the margin is $3600 then im really happy with mine although its a bit hard to tell how much they mark up the sunroof and premium pack.

i guess i better enjoy the remaining 4 weeks of being extra special by myself but will be more then happy to share having one of the best looking cars on the streets of Perth. Maybe we can do bog laps of st georges tce and around hay st on fridays after work!!! 2008 FL2 HSE i6 Stornoway Grey Ebony Premium Pack Sunroof Indash Navman Illegal Window Tint Smile

Post #26720 4th Sep 2008 7:55 am
ChrisJH

Australia 

We'll order one from their stock.

Don't mind waiting, but would rather get the cheapest possible.

Would love to go hire lease, but my company only offers that for execs, and my wife already sal sacs her total amount into our mortgage.

Plus, probably don't do enough kms to make it that worthwhile.... We live in Vic Park and work in the city...

Post #26721 4th Sep 2008 8:01 am
Dorko

I wish my wife could sal sac her wage! Geez that would be nice!

Lease's rock! would not buy a car without goign through a lease. So much better! Thumbs Up

I live in Ellenbrook, so i drive a bit anyway. But i build up my kms heaps durign to clients all day!

Dorko

Post #26757 5th Sep 2008 7:32 am
ChrisJH

Australia 

Would love to get a lease......... you lose so much money buying them outright, that's why I want to hold onto it for awhile.

Yeah it's cool that my wife can do it... reduces her tax heaps. She works for a Not for Profit org as a Speech Pathologist.... the first 15K she earns is tax free, plus the next 6K or 8K whatever it is that us plebs get....

Going in tomorrow most likely, and see what Landrover can do for us.

Cheers,

Chris.

Post #26761 5th Sep 2008 8:22 am
Dorko

Non profit Org are the only ones that can salary sac to there mortgage without FBT. Lucky Censored ! However Non profit doesnt pay much. Much rather the mining industires! Laughing

Well good luck mate, and keep us posted!

PS: if you get a FL2 before me, i will be very upset! Mad
Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry
Dorko

Post #26775 5th Sep 2008 1:56 pm
ChrisJH

Australia 

Hey Dorko,

Depends on the org, the misses gets the same level of pay as she would in the public service... and then the sal sac benefits on top. Health as a whole pays like crapola compared to mining.... even in the finance industry we get paid more than Health.

Will do mate, don't be too annoyed, if(and it's a big if) we get one it will the most basic model, nothing flash like you and Fishy:)

Rich Censored ..hehehe Thumbs Up

Cheers,

Chris.

Post #26776 5th Sep 2008 2:18 pm
ChrisJH

Australia 

Hi Guys,

Well unfortunately, we couldn't get even close to the price we wanted, so we've had to walk away from the Freelander. The dealer wouldn't come to the party, and only dropped the price by about $400 on their inital quotes. Evil or Very Mad

It's a shame, because we were both keen on the Freelander, but in the end we couldn't justify spending the extra money. At 10K more than a diesel X-trail, we decided it wasn't worth it. We got taken into the office of the dealer manager, and shown all the figures, on why they couldn't do the deal. I personally think they are full of crap, but hey thats life. We met them half way, but they stilll would not budge. That only left us with one option, which was to walk.

Thanks to everyone for their advice on here, and wish everyone luck with their cars. The Freelander is an awesome car, and I will be jealous everytime I see one from now on.

Cheers,

Chris.

Post #26790 6th Sep 2008 4:47 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Sorry to here that ChrisJH

Real shame that the dealer couldn't do the deal Confused

Not living your way, i'm not sure if there are any other avenues that you could look at, such as brokers or independent dealers Question

If you have to change brands, lets us know how you get on, and what you honest opinion is on the competition

Nick Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #26791 6th Sep 2008 8:43 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>