Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Australia & New Zealand > How much did you pay for a TD4 SE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
Fishy

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

i looked at the X3 and to be honest didnt like it at all. The styling and look of the car was average and i still rated the drive of the FL2 better. The HSE and X3 are reasonably comparable in terms of market pitch but as far as i was concerned the only thing the X3 had going for it was the BMW badging.

I have a post on fuel economy on here which might be worth a read. My fuel economy was in the high 14s to 15L/100kms but i was measuring that on only 1 tank of fuel then reseting it. Since i have done it over a few tanks of fuel it has got better down to mid 13s. Still not great but nearly reasonable compared to other model 4wds on petrol.

Drive both the diesel and petrol one after the other and you should have your answer.

For me the diesel with all the fruit that i wanted (sunroof, premiuim pack with 19 inch wheels body colour bumpers and side skirts, rear spoiler, door handles, premium leather seats with memory function etc etc) was out of my price range (i too spent more then my original budget Wink ) and also the wait was less and i actually like the drive better.

In terms of resale value it might be a bit of a gamble but who really knows? maybe a market saturated with lots of diesels and the cost of diesel continuing to skyrocket maybe in 4-8 years time the i6 might be better? 2008 FL2 HSE i6 Stornoway Grey Ebony Premium Pack Sunroof Indash Navman Illegal Window Tint Smile

Post #26643 3rd Sep 2008 6:49 am
Fishy

another thought to is the "hidden" cost of paint. metalic paint will cost you another $1700 or $1800 and i think all colours are classified as metalic even white????

You add that onto luxury car tax, dealer delivery, stamp duty and registration and insurance and all of a sudden a car that is $49999 is easily over $55K. id be looking at a demo.

im sure they will have some demos that they will want to clear, especially 08 builds as all the new ones coming now are 09s which have a couple of minor changes im lead to believe. 2008 FL2 HSE i6 Stornoway Grey Ebony Premium Pack Sunroof Indash Navman Illegal Window Tint Smile

Post #26644 3rd Sep 2008 6:53 am
ChrisJH

Australia 

Thanks for that Fishy. 13 lt is not too bad considering.

According to a few landrover dealer websites, the $49,990 price includes GST and LCT. Also, according to the FR2 broshure I have, white is classed as a solid colour, and not metailic.

But yeah, Demo is the way we are leaning, as we'd prefer a colour over Kms.

Cheers,

Chris.

Post #26645 3rd Sep 2008 7:02 am
Fishy

are you going for a test drive today? make sure you take both the diesel and petrol for a good decent spin and head out onto the highway or freeway to feel the drive and ride at high speeds and throw it around a bit to get a good feel for it.

i just had a look on the web at their stock and some of it sound the same vehicles that were there when i was looking which was about 3 months ago so im sure they will be happy to sell one to you, particularly a SE demo. 2008 FL2 HSE i6 Stornoway Grey Ebony Premium Pack Sunroof Indash Navman Illegal Window Tint Smile

Post #26647 3rd Sep 2008 7:41 am
ChrisJH

Australia 

Yep, will be going in tonight. Will drive both the td4 and i6 (hopefully).

It's good to know that the stock has been sitting around. Hopefully means they will be keen to move it. Probably won't be buying tonight. We'll see what they've got, and make our mind up over the week. We'll go in hard next week, make an offer and see what happens. I wonder if we get all the "free" accessories in the offer, like the roofbars etc, if we get a car that is in stock...

Cheers mate,

Chris.

Post #26649 3rd Sep 2008 8:23 am
Fishy

let us know how it goes 2008 FL2 HSE i6 Stornoway Grey Ebony Premium Pack Sunroof Indash Navman Illegal Window Tint Smile

Post #26651 3rd Sep 2008 9:14 am
ChrisJH

Australia 

Hi Guys,

Well we test drove both cars, and must say I now understand what your're all talking about. Awesome car. Both the TD4, and i6 were lovely, but I must say we are leaning toward the TD4. It's not quick, but it's a nice drive, and holds the road very well. Extremely quiet for a diesel(I actually thought initially we were driving a pertrol), much quieter than the X-trail, although the manual X-trail had more zip I reckon. I think that's mostly because of the manual gearbox.

If we buy a car in stock, we get the free accessories pack, and they are doing them free of on roads, except Dealer Delivery.

The white SE TD4 was 54K on road, plus the salesguy reckoned we might be able to get the free servicing for 3 years, as I work for a medium company here in perth, they'll do a deal. I'm actually more interested in bringing the price down and getting the extended 3 year warranty.

The wife isn't that keen on the white, she likes the Grey, which is nicer, but $1800 is an absolute rip for paint...

The misses said she'd live with the white though. I think the white is fine.

Anyways, probably going back on the weekend and see if we can do a deal. If we don't get the price we want, or close to it, we'll take option 2, which is the X-trail.

Cheers guys,

Chris.

Post #26660 3rd Sep 2008 1:18 pm
Dorko

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Good luck with it mate... what colour was the leather?

The 09 models are coming out now, so you should push them for a better deal/ run out. I get mine in October and its the 09 make. Only slight changes but you would not notice unless you were a die hard Land Rover fan.

I would seriously extend the budget and grab yourself a Freelander.

Keep us posted.

If you get one, we should all catch up for a off roading cruise Thumbs Up But not till October hahahhaha

Fishy,

Are you the Freelander that parks in Wilsons on Hay Street?

Dorko

Post #26662 3rd Sep 2008 2:33 pm
ChrisJH

Australia 

Hey Dorko!

The whites are in Ebony. There are a MY08, and MY08.5 in white.

In Grey there is Alpaca(MY08.5) and Almond(MY09)

What's the diff between the MY08, MY08.5 and MY09 do you know?

Mate, we've gone past considering it, it's pretty much done.

Probably make a play for one this weekend. Let you know how we go. My money is we end up blowing our budget totally and come home in Range Rover sport...

Cheers,

Chris.

Post #26663 3rd Sep 2008 2:53 pm
Oceanic

Australia 

ChrisJH wrote:
What's the diff between the MY08, MY08.5 and MY09 do you know?

Probably make a play for one this weekend. Let you know how we go. My money is we end up blowing our budget totally and come home in Range Rover sport...

Cheers,

Chris.

*L* yeah, I am also looking at the RRS now... all comes down to repayments -

RRS TDV6 with metallic and roof, 5yr/40% is approx $1500/mth

LR2 TD4 HSE with metallic and roof, 3yr/50% is approx $1500/mth

Do rather the size of the FL (eventhough it is actually wider than the RRS!), and the lower fuel cons. of the TD4. But the RRS is a great looking car and will hold its value better IMHO.

As far as the dealer here in Brisvegas is saying, there is no major changes to the 09MY LR2 or RRS. just the new metallic colours and Almond interior option. But he is yet to see the 09MY in person so cannot confirm little things like clear indicator lenses, etc. 08.5MY changes was simply the introduction of the 'packages' (style pack, etc).

And if you want a nice demo... Austral here have an 2007 (08MY) i6 in Baltic with a sunroof for 49K + ORC! http://www.australlandrover.com.au/demo/CPViewItem.asp?ID=344 ______________________________

own: '06 BMW 130i Msport (manual)
owned: '04 FL Td4 3dr
owned: '02 FL V6 3dr
owned: '98 FL Xedi

The road less travelled you will find me on.

Post #26665 3rd Sep 2008 3:50 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

notice you are looking at a RRS over 5yrs, but this will also mean you run the risk of having 2 years out of warranty Smile

Don't worry about the width of the FL2 to RRS theres only 10mm in it Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #26686 3rd Sep 2008 7:55 pm
Dorko

From what i've been told abou tthe MY09 and read is, Aplacha is no more, instead replaced with Almond ( A bit darker than Aplacha), Map lights, clear side lenses and some new paints, thats really it! Laughing

Not massive at all but i do prefer the clear lenses. (which you could just buy on ebay.

Just curious, anyone seen a MY09 yet? Or is the first batch to perth in October?

Dorko

Post #26704 4th Sep 2008 12:20 am
Oceanic

Australia 

There are a few in BNE already but still in storage. Have advised the dealer to contact me once one is detailed and ready for viewing. ______________________________

own: '06 BMW 130i Msport (manual)
owned: '04 FL Td4 3dr
owned: '02 FL V6 3dr
owned: '98 FL Xedi

The road less travelled you will find me on.

Post #26705 4th Sep 2008 12:56 am
ChrisJH

Australia 

Hey Dorko,

Thanks for that... I couldn't tell the difference last night. Not that the salesman pointed it out to us.

Southern Landrover in Cannington have 3 MY09 SE TD4's in stock, according to the stock list we got.

Not sure about HSE...

Cheers,

Chris.

Post #26706 4th Sep 2008 1:35 am
Dorko

Hmmmm... I wonder why I have to wait so long for my car. I ordered it in June!
I still havent see a Freelander with premium pack! I hope it looks good.

Oh well giving my ute a good beating the last few days....

Let us know what you get quoted for the Freelander. Last time i was there, the salesman showed me the price listing, the HSE has $3,600 in movement! Sorry didnt look at the SE.

Good luck! Thumbs Up

Dorko

Post #26707 4th Sep 2008 2:51 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>