Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > I Would Like To Thank Lookers Park Royal.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>
Print this entire topic · 
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black
I Would Like To Thank Lookers Park Royal.

As above. I emailed James last week & got a reply back as soon as he had read it to say Steve Allum would call me for which he did at his earliest convenience.
I am the first to admit that I am not an easy customer to deal with as I have so many requests & questions regarding options, prices, features etc. Steve & James have spent much time in sorting me out what I considered a very pleasant deal on a new FL2 that I had specced up to something fairly unique & needed to order by today as there was a slot which meant I could have had it around the early to mid March. Everything was just ready to go till the finance was propped & was declined so I joined Experian to find that the problems I have mentioned about regarding a failed business last year have hit me earlier than expected.

To say I am p****d Censored off is a massive understatement & I feel so irritated that these guys have spent so much time in pieceing together a deal for it to be scuppered at the 11th hour.

One thing I can say though that there may be a window in this situation in about a Month & assuming the market hasn't fallen out of the used cars then I will be back on the phone to sign an order!!
Absolutely 1st Class customer service. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #90879 4th Feb 2011 11:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear the deal couldn't be done, hope your not hit too hard and get back to normal soon Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #90881 4th Feb 2011 11:31 pm
dunroof

It's unfotunate for you and you have my sympathies, but from what you said, it was always been a potential problem waiting to bite you in the bum, I am no expert on credit, but if it's showing you arn't acceptable now, I can't see it will in a month or two. My belief is it takes quite a time to repair a credit rating. Years rather than weeks.

Post #90892 5th Feb 2011 3:01 am
Lookers Park Royal

EV, many thanks for the feedback and please do not concern yourself about our time. Sadly lenders are far more particular these days and it is a common occourance not only to be declined but also for a deal to be termed. In the case of a termed deal they will increase the deposit required to reduce their risk.

I hope that your discussions in the near future fall in your favour so that you can move forward with the deal. Unfortunately the deadline to amend that particular vehicle was yesterday (IIRC), but there will be more in the future that we can amend for you.

Good luck with it, and you knwo where we are when you are ready to roll.

James Thumbs Up

Post #90925 5th Feb 2011 2:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
julytourist

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red

EV, my sympathies! Good luck with getting a successful deal in the future
JT Upgraded to an ex demo, 7 mth old, Rimini Red/Ebony Napoli Auto HSE on 28th Jan 2011, added roof rails, mudflaps and side strips.
Gone - A great 57 Plate, Auto SE, Bought Feb 2009, Roof Rails and Mudflaps added on purchase. Blue colour, anything but drug dealer black.....

Post #90936 5th Feb 2011 5:11 pm
DrownedRat

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Rimini Red

Hi EV - bad luck.

just remember Experian only provide a credit product to allow other companies to apply specific credit rules to to allow them to score your application. I know that James won't dictate the credit policy - this will be done by LR finance. The upshot is that some companies place more emphasis on certain negative info ( or the time they consider it to be valid). If you watn the finance then shop around - not everyone applies the same rules and some may be easier to please tha others. Unfortnately things like payment history and CCJ's etc ( not suggesting you have any) are used as critical scorers. Believe me its dark art - I work with companies that provide commercial credit to individuals and sometimes it is not very clear why the decline was made - often a combination of factors.

Good luck in your hunt!!

DR There's always a way forward!

2008 Freelander Td4 GS - Stornoway Grey - Now Gone - Sob
2011 Freelander Td4 GS 150 - Rimini Red - in its place - Better x far x 4!!

Post #90949 5th Feb 2011 6:09 pm
Stompy

United Kingdom 

You could always save up and buy your next one? Ex-2009 Freelander 2 HSE Auto owner

christian138 wrote:
Suck it up and move on Thumbs Up

Post #90956 5th Feb 2011 6:32 pm
Junior

England 

Unfortunetly just having an application declined by one lender acts as a negative in itself.
Only people with squeeky clean credit files are qualifying for finance in this current climate.

Post #90958 5th Feb 2011 6:48 pm
dunroof

I suppose thats quite true Junior, never really considered it before. The only credit I have is a zero balance credit card for internet use, nothing else, nor would I want it in these times.

Post #90961 5th Feb 2011 6:57 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I'm upto my eyeballs in debt Confused the cars all mine though At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #90964 5th Feb 2011 7:00 pm
Junior

England 

dunroof wrote:
I suppose thats quite true Junior, never really considered it before. The only credit I have is a zero balance credit card for internet use, nothing else, nor would I want it in these times.

Maybe you could put EVs new car on your credit card and let him pay you back weekly? Whistle

Post #90965 5th Feb 2011 7:02 pm
dunroof

Not saying I never had loans or a mortgage, just once you have worked your way out of debt years ago, you intend to keep that way. Not good for credit scoring mind you. I use cash or switch and thats it.

Post #90967 5th Feb 2011 7:04 pm
athelstan

dunroof
You are right - re credit scoring - I do not think that if I applied for a loan (which I will not unless it is 0% interest and no repayments until I'm dead) I'd not get one - I've no credit history! Exclamation

Nothing to brag about but, in the world that we now live in it seems that you need to borrow to be a decent trusted citizen - Machiavellian and absolutely absurd Evil or Very Mad

Post #91000 5th Feb 2011 9:16 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Until fairly recently I had an A1 credit file but the faliure of the garage last summer has messed me up one way & another & I see no reason to hide what the problem is. I was a sleeping partner/non executive director in that business & was often lied to whenever I asked for info on it's running leading to the outcome. It was a LTD Company so much of the problem died with that but the landlord who lived next door to the garage has a personal guarantee on the rent.
Medway County Court (allegedly) sent me a pack to file a defence on Nov 24th but for whatever reason I did not recieve it so they gave me a CCJ by default. I contested this as how could I file a defence if I knew nothing about such a pack Censored but as it had gone to the next stage I had to pay £75 to give an application to the judge for a hearing to set aside judgement Censored I did this on Dec 28th & asked how long till I hear & they said about 2 weeks. After 5 weeks (wed just gone) I had heard nothing so rang them up to be told they had sent me a letter for the hearing 3 days ago though I hadn't got it (funny 2 weeks) and then added that hearing was at the same time as the other to save money (though I have paid £75 Censored ) The next morning I recieved the hearing letter but still not the letter for my hearing to set aside (useless).

As these things are put on a credit file generally overnight then hopefully if the judgement is set aside I can buy my new FL2 in that window Thumbs Up & stick my middle finger up lol. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #91009 5th Feb 2011 10:29 pm
Junior

England 

Have you settled the debt with the Landlord? otherwise setting aside the judgement would be futile.

Post #91013 5th Feb 2011 10:57 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>