Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > I Would Like To Thank Lookers Park Royal.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Junior wrote:
Have you settled the debt with the Landlord? otherwise setting aside the judgement would be futile.

No. Have no means to be able to do it, plus my ex-business partner needs to sort his side of it & it was he that messed things up. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #91021 5th Feb 2011 11:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Junior

England 

(A) Surely if you apply to the court to have the judgement set aside on the grounds that they weren't duly served, (B) They will then be further issued and served resulting in another judgement in favour of the plaintif?

Thus wthout coming to a prior agreement with the landlord this seems fruitless, unless of course you were hoping to have a window of oppurtunity to apply for credit between A & B occuring?
That said beaware that if judgement is set aside it will take a good number of weeks before the court notify the credit reference agencys and then another number of weeks before the agency work through the data and update your file. This can take longer if the judgement was registered by the bulk centre Northampton.

Post #91025 6th Feb 2011 12:43 am
The Valeter

The Court told me it was done overnight & in the case of the present one I went onto Experian & found that it was.
What will be will be I guess. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #91028 6th Feb 2011 1:31 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Stompy

United Kingdom 

So, what where you buying spec wise? Ex-2009 Freelander 2 HSE Auto owner

christian138 wrote:
Suck it up and move on Thumbs Up

Post #91034 6th Feb 2011 8:04 am
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

If I was in your position EV the last thing I would be thinking of doing was buying a new FL2, I would be waiting until I got on my feet again !!....................but that's probably just me.

Iain

Post #91036 6th Feb 2011 8:19 am
dunroof

No Iain, me too in honesty, although I did suggest a few weeks ago in a humerous tone AV blow it all on a RRS. Each to their own, but from whats said, the car might be better taking a back shelf.

Post #91046 6th Feb 2011 11:04 am
mattbridge

2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

The one bit of advice my old man gave me, that I stick to, was never buy anything (other than a house) you can't pay for in cash.
It has served me well over the years. As for keeping a credit score, I use cash back credit cards for all our monthly spend and pay back in full every month.
It's highly satisfying going into a stealer and paying on you switch card knowing you have spend the last couple of years saving up for it, makes it much more special. The missus - SD4 HSE - Black - 2012
Me - BMW 330d Saloon - Black - 2011

Post #91062 6th Feb 2011 12:47 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

agreed for private purchases, but businesses run better if you buy modern equipment even is you have to borrow to purchase them, if they dont pay for themselves and their finance costs then dont buy them. At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #91063 6th Feb 2011 12:56 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I thought EV was buying a new car to lose the equity, so the courts couldn't take it away,

Though, if they are going to take you for ££££££ the extra ££££££ owed to a finance company wouldn't make much difference to them

Then there is the legal implications of gaining credit knowing that the Censored Is to hit the fan

I know there are rules about transfer of assets, might be on this side too??? Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #91065 6th Feb 2011 1:15 pm
Junior

England 

npinks wrote:
I thought EV was buying a new car to lose the equity, so the courts couldn't take it away,

Though, if they are going to take you for ££££££ the extra ££££££ owed to a finance company wouldn't make much difference to them

Then there is the legal implications of gaining credit knowing that the Censored Is to hit the fan

I know there are rules about transfer of assets, might be on this side too???

So basically you are saying EV is a Dodgy B Censored D Whistle

Post #91084 6th Feb 2011 3:00 pm
ad210358

England 

Junior wrote:
(A) Surely if you apply to the court to have the judgement set aside on the grounds that they weren't duly served, (B) They will then be further issued and served resulting in another judgement in favour of the plaintif?

It seems it is to easy to get a CCJ, one of the directors were I work managed to get one a couple of years back, the first ne knew about it was when he kept getting phone calls from companies saying they could get his credit rating back and get rid of his CCJ Shocked What CCJ he asked Shocked It seems a person of the same name thirty miles away had bought some electrical equipment from a company just down the road and had failed to pay, a solicitor from Nottingham got involved and between the solicitor and the elecrical company they managed to give a CCJ to an innocent party who just happened to have the same name and it was a devil of a job getting the solicitor to admit he had Censored up. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #91099 6th Feb 2011 6:07 pm
ad210358

England 

mattbridge wrote:
The one bit of advice my old man gave me, that I stick to, was never buy anything (other than a house) you can't pay for in cash.
It has served me well over the years. As for keeping a credit score, I use cash back credit cards for all our monthly spend and pay back in full every month.
It's highly satisfying going into a stealer and paying on you switch card knowing you have spend the last couple of years saving up for it, makes it much more special.

Works for me except for the CC's never had one:thumbsup: p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #91100 6th Feb 2011 6:09 pm
mattbridge

2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

chicken george wrote:
agreed for private purchases, but businesses run better if you buy modern equipment even is you have to borrow to purchase them, if they dont pay for themselves and their finance costs then dont buy them.

Yep i know, have several business and for "assets" you are correct. Cars, particually when you have a number, are not one of those. All depends on you LLP / LTD setup and how you can deal with them from a tax perspective. In my circumstance it is a lot cheaper to run them outside the company. For others this may not be the case but for me it is The missus - SD4 HSE - Black - 2012
Me - BMW 330d Saloon - Black - 2011

Post #91102 6th Feb 2011 6:18 pm
The Valeter

Quite simply this - My personal finances are no different now than they were really at any time in the last 10 years it is simply from that business that I had very little to do with. I never earnt a wage from it other than 2 months in 2006 & nor did I ever take any form of dividend plus I put a fair bit of personal money into it so I guess from that point of view I am worse off.
Regarding buying a new FL2, my present one is used mainly for work & it also advertises me as I am out & about which is one of the reasons I specced it up to look different & as I knew that a CCJ or similar was looming I wanted to replace & get a new one before I couldn't plus I wanted a fresh start from the irritations from aftersales with this one etc.
Regarding gaining credit, finance companies only use the scoring to see whether you are worthy to repay the loan before they offer you the money - I am & if I wasn't I would have had mine reposessed. If you buy something & then get a CCJ or similar so long as you pay the loan there is no problem (they have not contacted me to say otherwise) & they won't know or even be bothered anyway as unless you defult they will have no reason to chech & even if they did score you they would probably have to ask you in the first place & the site wouldn't tell them why your score was bad anyway. My issue is not paying finance back it is from idiots not running a business in a correct manor & letting rent back up. Censored

One of my vices is that I like nice cars & have spent a fortune on them over the years & the only way to achieve this is to get a loan. However I am very tight on most other expendature!! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #91116 6th Feb 2011 7:11 pm
sportsman

United Kingdom 

Why is there always someone out there who is willing to kick someone when there down...Absolute To@@ers.. Twisted Evil

Post #91121 6th Feb 2011 7:40 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 5 <12345>