Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > I Would Like To Thank Lookers Park Royal.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
Junior

England 

Executive Valeter wrote:
Junior wrote:
You could come and help sort the tram tracks out In Blackpool, Council spending £100m updating the tram system but ordered the wrong size track-work been stopped since November the prom is all dug up and either one way or closed to traffic.

I was talking to a tram driver in the Summer of 2009 & was told all should be done at the end of 2010. When we were there in October 2010 I was suprised to see Fleetwood full of holes, I then asked a driver how long & he recconed all should be done now in 2012. Some original trams are to be kept for a heritage fleet but there was a clause to their use but can't remember what it was lol.

The track up grade should of took 6 mths and been finished for Easter 2011 but after digging almost all 11 miles up they discovered the F Censored k up, and moth balled the job and expect it now to be ready for Easter 2012.

The trams run along the promanade from south shore to fleetwood but until the 1950's they used to have town route too.

There was a fleet of 76 Trams operational, a big chunk of them dating back to 1933/34, The council have bought 16 new Bombadiers (new Fangled Foreign Trams) They will be able to run from the new Depot at Star gate (south shore all the way to fleetwood (11 Miles)
Most of the other older Trams can only operate between Bispam & the pleasure beach due to the wheel base size and type of power conductor they use.
Their are a number of Trams of special intererst like the coronation 304 (1952) which was a project on Channel 4s salvage squad Tv program & had a cream & green repaint.
The standard 143 (1924) has under gone a full restoration and was recently painted red white and teak
The standard 147 (1924) was returned from America after 33 years away
A number of the 700 series ballon trams (double deckers) have been refitted to be able to use the new upgraded tracks.
The 5 illuminated trams have had a recent lottery fund restoration and will be operational during the illuminations and can operate the entire tramway

Post #91314 8th Feb 2011 3:34 am
jjasper

United Kingdom 

Executive Valeter wrote:
athelstan wrote:
Executive Valeter wrote:
Junior wrote:
Have you settled the debt with the Landlord? otherwise setting aside the judgement would be futile.

No. Have no means to be able to do it, plus my ex-business partner needs to sort his side of it & it was he that messed things up.

EV
If you have, I quote: "no means" to settle the debt then my advice is not to undertake any new financial commitments of any nature until this matter is resolved and you are sailing again in clear undisputed waters.

Your'e probably right if I were to be honest.

Athelstan is not probably right - he is definitely right. You really need to face the facts. That you were lied to by your business associate and his employees is irrelevant. You must focus on your liabilities as of now, which, if I understand the situation correctly, is that you are co-guarantor of a lease and the Landlord is suing for unpaid rent. Whereas your co-Director may have a moral obligation to pay all the rent due under the lease, the fact the business has failed would suggest it is unlikely the Landlord will recover anything from him so will look to you for the outstanding monies. You must not bury your head in the sand here. Have you: 1) terminated the lease or 2) tried to sublet or assign the lease? Otherwise the liability will be continuing.

I would urge you to take the advice offered by Athelstan and others, which is to reduce your outgoings and wake up to the fact that, if you have guaranteed the lease, the Landlord has a right to recover the unpaid rent from you. Personally, I'd advise you to try to sell the current Freelander and clear the existing debt.

Post #91334 8th Feb 2011 1:03 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

jjasper wrote:
Executive Valeter wrote:
athelstan wrote:
Executive Valeter wrote:
Junior wrote:
Have you settled the debt with the Landlord? otherwise setting aside the judgement would be futile.

No. Have no means to be able to do it, plus my ex-business partner needs to sort his side of it & it was he that messed things up.

EV
If you have, I quote: "no means" to settle the debt then my advice is not to undertake any new financial commitments of any nature until this matter is resolved and you are sailing again in clear undisputed waters.

Your'e probably right if I were to be honest.

I would urge you to take the advice offered by Athelstan and others, which is to reduce your outgoings and wake up to the fact that, if you have guaranteed the lease, the Landlord has a right to recover the unpaid rent from you. Personally, I'd advise you to try to sell the current Freelander and clear the existing debt.

Lease was terminated in September so I was informed. No point in selling the current FL as the outstanding finance on it is more than the trade in value, plus it is through my sole trader business as the works vehicle. I can't guarantee to anyone a set income (wage) as my work is determined by the weather & if the phone rings in the first place. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #91467 9th Feb 2011 11:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mojo

2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Stornoway Grey

Hope everything gets sorted out for you as soon as possible EV.

Post #91575 11th Feb 2011 12:05 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345