Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > ECU Remap, Awesome Fuel Consumption!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>
Print this entire topic · 
beauchoc

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black
ECU Remap, Awesome Fuel Consumption!!!

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd let everyone know about my recent very successful remap.

Firstly I took Freddie to be 'downloaded' apparently this is to ascertain his setup... well in my laymans anyway Laughing

Then they downloaded his remapped new settngs!! Apparently they can write your new settings to suit what u want, I wanted MPG!!! But in true Top Gear stylee you can also get POWER!! Laughing

Now Freddie is driving much better, much perkier according to my boyfriend there is much more 'lower down torque'....... Rolling Eyes in my terms it pulls like chuff in all gears particularly it flies in third Wink .

More importantly (well for me anyway Very Happy ) My MPG, admittdly with a fairly decent amount of motorway miles, is up to 48 average!!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Spoke to the guy and he says if Forum members mention the forum he will do any FL2 for £300, which these days soon pays for itself. He can also do any vehicle with an ECU but not sure on price for those.

The guy is based near Doncaster his website is www.lrsoffroad.co.uk where u can get his number Thumbs Up 'Freddie' FL2 2007 GS, Sumatra Black, Manual
Stable Mate - Alan - 1963 Series 2 SWB V8.

RIP Hugh our 90 - much loved and missed.

Post #71873 11th Jul 2010 9:56 pm
chrisuk

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Can you map the FL2 via serial port or does the ECU have to come off ?

Had my last car done - ended up having to fork out for a performance clutch though due to the torque ! Can you give us the bhp & torque increases please ?

Also, have you informed your insurance ?

Post #71880 11th Jul 2010 10:44 pm
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

United Kingdom 

Nice of him to offer a discount to forum members (and advertise via you) and not offer anything back to the site Evil or Very Mad

Post #71893 12th Jul 2010 11:05 am
chrisuk

I've found this from a previous guy I had my last car mapped with - Pete from Bell Auto's !

Typical gains are 30-35bhp & 65nm torque.

Average about £345 to get done via OBD port (by pedals) - no ECU to open up Smile

There are also tuner reader units for £500. These allow you to remap your car from a handheld unit, and also switch back to the "stock" map when/if your car goes to the dealers. It also reads & clears basic engine faults !

My misses would kill me though..........

Last edited by chrisuk on 13th Jul 2010 9:07 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #71900 12th Jul 2010 12:50 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

if the new SD4 engine offers 190bhp, the blufin ones are supposed to up the standard bhp to that also, but i don't think anybody gets anywere near that mpg with a blufin

but you can take them off when visting the dealer, and supposed to be able to fault code read with them too

not something i would do whilst a car is in warranty, and 40mpg would double what i do get Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #71905 12th Jul 2010 1:10 pm
bilun777

England 

npinks wrote:
if the new SD4 engine offers 190bhp, the blufin ones are supposed to up the standard bhp to that also, but i don't think anybody gets anywere near that mpg with a blufin

but you can take them off when visting the dealer, and supposed to be able to fault code read with them too

not something i would do whilst a car is in warranty, and 40mpg would double what i do get Laughing
You do have the six cylinder petrol right. I was just about to place my order for a GS,and was expecting a big fuel consumption improvement compared with my old petrol rav4. Crying or Very sad

Post #71906 12th Jul 2010 1:35 pm
beauchoc

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

Sorry Martin I'm not entirely sure I catch your drift.

I hadnt realised that the Forum would expect to make any money from advice/experiences of members - and the discount thing was just via a discussion with him as I had said that I would pass on this info on the forum and he had suggested this - it was never meant as a marketing ploy - merely a passing on of my experience and how other members may benefit.

Do 'Ebay' or indeed any of the LR dealers give you money when they receive comments here???

I apologise for any issue caused - feel free to remove my post and perhaps replace with something reading;

'I have had a remap which has had brilliant results which can save you fuel costs etc - but I cant tell you where or for how much.'

Apologies for the sarcasm but I do not feel your comment was necessary or reflect the other ensuing discussion/interest. 'Freddie' FL2 2007 GS, Sumatra Black, Manual
Stable Mate - Alan - 1963 Series 2 SWB V8.

RIP Hugh our 90 - much loved and missed.

Post #71911 12th Jul 2010 3:36 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

bilun777 wrote:
npinks wrote:

not something i would do whilst a car is in warranty, and 40mpg would double what i do get Laughing
You do have the six cylinder petrol right. I was just about to place my order for a GS,and was expecting a big fuel consumption improvement compared with my old petrol rav4. Crying or Very sad

nope a TD4 Auto, lots of short trips which keeps the mpg down, on longs its fine (high 20's unless i carry snowboards on the roof Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #71916 12th Jul 2010 4:57 pm
ttc546

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

[quote="chrisuk"]
There are also tuner reader units for £500. These allow you to remap your car from a handheld unit, and also switch back to the "stock" map when/if your car goes to the dealers. It also reads & clears basic engine faults !
quote]

I am interested in this. What companies are out there that have done this? Anyone had any experience of doing this with their FL2? Chris

Post #71919 12th Jul 2010 5:52 pm
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

beauchoc wrote:
Sorry Martin I'm not entirely sure I catch your drift.

I hadnt realised that the Forum would expect to make any money from advice/experiences of members - and the discount thing was just via a discussion with him as I had said that I would pass on this info on the forum and he had suggested this - it was never meant as a marketing ploy - merely a passing on of my experience and how other members may benefit.

Do 'Ebay' or indeed any of the LR dealers give you money when they receive comments here???

I apologise for any issue caused - feel free to remove my post and perhaps replace with something reading;

'I have had a remap which has had brilliant results which can save you fuel costs etc - but I cant tell you where or for how much.'

Apologies for the sarcasm but I do not feel your comment was necessary or reflect the other ensuing discussion/interest.

Well, I for one was happy to read your informative post. I too thought this was a forum for us all to discuss such things and the fact he was willing to offer us a discount is a bonus.

Thanks beauchoc Thumbs Up

Post #71936 12th Jul 2010 10:10 pm
chrisuk

[quote="ttc546"]

chrisuk wrote:

quote]

I am interested in this. What companies are out there that have done this? Anyone had any experience of doing this with their FL2?

£500 at the minute

http://www.bellautoservices.co.uk/pdf/BAS-Interface-Install.pdf

Post #71942 12th Jul 2010 11:18 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

wizking wrote:

Well, I for one was happy to read your informative post. I too thought this was a forum for us all to discuss such things and the fact he was willing to offer us a discount is a bonus.

Thanks beauchoc Thumbs Up

Likewise it is good to know that his happy and who he use Thumbs Up

But his offer to discount forum members is a way to drum up business for himself but without paying a fee to the forum which other sponsors do, contributing and helping running costs

I don't think there is any issue toward beauchoc BTW Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #71950 13th Jul 2010 8:15 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

They rate Bell auto services remap over on disco3 and RrSport Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #71952 13th Jul 2010 8:17 am
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

npinks wrote:

Thing is, if you bluefin your car, are the dealer going to know the difference. I guess if the turbo had blown up, then it probably be worth taking off before it goes back. General service.... no need. Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #71956 13th Jul 2010 8:48 am
jp

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Thanks for the info Beauchoc, Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #71958 13th Jul 2010 8:57 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>