Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > ECU Remap, Awesome Fuel Consumption!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
Houndog

United Kingdom 

Hi Guys

I have a 2007 diesel Tambora Flame Feelander 2 HSE. I bought it three years ago with just under 50k on the clock and when I was first driving it I managed to get around 37mpg quite happily on mixed driving. It developed a problem a year later and kept going into slow mode. I thought Main dealers would know what they are doing but alas I soon found I was mistaken as it went into them three times and they still failed to fix it. It actually needed a new turbo which a smaller family owned garage diagnosed and fixed properly.

When I collected the car after the first visit to the main dealer they said my software had been changed as it needed updating and performed this without my agreement but charged me nearly a £100 for the privilege and ever since then I notice a loss of general power and also lost approximately 7 MPG !!! So i guess the "Remap" that they performed was the culprit.

My question is.... should I consider a 3rd party remap to regain my power and my economy back? The car now has 95k on the clock but in really good condition and regular serviced all of its life. Also have any of you that have had a remap had any problems with stuff breaking?

Your advice would be appreciated.

Post #268232 28th Jun 2015 3:47 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345