« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Persistent Flat Battery Problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 10 of 11 <123 ... 91011>
Print this entire topic · 
fotoboom

Netherlands 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Baltic Blue
Flat battery

Same problem now for 3 years, flat battery incidential, some weeks no problem and then in 2 Days flat battery, again and again, this is a Freelander2 problem, what is possible ???? Have change rear door lock(water and corrosion) and after that the problem was over, for several months and now this week It's starts the problem again. I'm get grazy............. Have a nice day

Post #183532 10th May 2013 2:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Boroboy

United Kingdom 
Re: Persistent Flat Battery Problem

I have owned a 58 TD4s now for around 9 months. A few days ago, my battery was totally discharged & landy would not start. Checked battery, was at 9.3v. Had to jump started it. Replaced battery. Will have to now see how it goes. Landy was left for 4 days, prior to starting issue. Landy has now gone.

Post #183589 10th May 2013 11:31 pm
Mr K

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver
Random flat battery

Hi
I have a FL2 07.
Since owning it, (approx 1 year) 3 times it has had a flat battery in the morning, it can go for months and be ok, and then for no reason the battery is flat.
LR have had a look and found nothing wrong.

So either something isn't shutting down or could the battery be at fault... any ideas, could it be the battery?
It's the original battery (07) so is about 6 years old, but would it be ok for months, then go flat, and then be Ok for months again?

Thanks.

Post #184606 19th May 2013 6:26 pm
BossBob

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

I had a similar issue with my 07 FL2. Changed the battery and haven't had a flat battery since.

Post #184611 19th May 2013 6:54 pm
Pete The Biker

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I copied this a while ago from a previous post somewhere on here.....

“The problem was using the phone through blue tooth, if you walked away from the car still using the phone, locked the car and left it for the night the electrics would not shut down.”

Hope this helps.

Pete

Post #184613 19th May 2013 7:13 pm
BossBob

No Bluetooth to stop the car electronics from shutting down on my GS.

Post #184626 19th May 2013 8:21 pm
Mr K

BossBob wrote:

Not sure what your saying, can you explain?

Interesting as I was using my iphone via Bluetooth when I pulled up the day before, I shut off the engine and carried on chatting on the hands free for a few mins, hung up and went into the house.
Wild this have left something on that could have flattened the battery?

Post #184628 19th May 2013 8:28 pm
archie98

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

The car will still search for your phone so you need to end the call then stop the car.

Post #184630 19th May 2013 8:43 pm
Mr K

Same problem on my 07 SE
Flat this morning and I was using my iPhone via Bluetooth the day before, turned ff the engine and continued the call on hands free, then hung up, locked up and went into the house, this morning flat battery.

Post #184633 19th May 2013 8:57 pm
BossBob

BossBob wrote:

What I'm saying is that in my lowly specced GS there is no Bluetooth, therefore it couldn't have stopped the car's electronics from shutting down. With no other causes of current drain, the battery had to be the faulty component which is verified by the fact that since changing the original battery last year, I've had no problems with a random flat battery or the HDC not available at all even in the cold weather last winter.

Post #184716 20th May 2013 4:14 pm
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

The AA told a young lass she had a flat battery, to which she replied, well what shape should it be. Laughing

Post #184763 20th May 2013 7:45 pm
Boroboy

United Kingdom 
Re: Random flat battery

Mr K,
I suffered from a flat battery around 2 weeks ago on my 58 FL2 td4s. Was down to 9.3v Shocked after jump starting it. Checked Alt, was charging OK (14.4v). Replaced battery. New battery seems OK at the mo. Will have to see how it goes. Also when I took old battery out, noticed some battery acid on battery tray, must have boiled over at some point. Landy has now gone.

Post #184816 20th May 2013 10:46 pm
bill

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Had problem since new on my 2009 GS Auto. Investigated by main dealer now on 6 occasions and no fix found. Carry power pack all the time now but sometimes it won't start it and have had Greenflag out 5 times in under 4 years ! It can't stand for more than 4 days or it won't start and is much worse in very cold weather when I get the HDC system failure message.
I haven't got bluetooth.

Bill

Post #186529 5th Jun 2013 8:39 am
Kola's Kab

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

Hi,

It seems yesterday (at 4am Crying or Very sad ) it was our turn of the RFBS! (Radom Flat Battery Syndrome!)

Car unlocked OK, but when key was inserted and start button pressed all the usual self check lights came on but were flashing rapidly. Then info screen reported HDC Fault Not Available and the engine did not turn over. The key would not eject and the hazard lights started flashing very quickly and very dim, just a glow, however the headlights (always left on auto) lit ok!

A friendly but very tired Green Flag man came within the hour promised (just), and jump started the car first time. At that time our battery was showing 9.3v on his meter....completely flat. He ran the car for a few mins, checking the charging rate at various revs, all good. he then checked the condition of our battery, was 100% ok (its an uprated battery due to the e-start feature. Wifey drove her 135m commute without incident, and after standing overnight it started this morning as normal.

So the mystery remains, what caused the massive drain on the battery? Bluetooth had not ben used for a couple of days prior, although the radio was left on when the car was parked (turned off with the ignition of course) Could this be a possible answer?

Also not sure if the car was double locked or not, a friend has told us he had this problem, but not on a LR, if its just single locked, some electronics do not shut down, again is it possible?

Any suggestions most welcomed! Kola is the big solid black German Shepherd, Dobbie is.......a breed you've never heard of......yet;)

Post #190024 2nd Jul 2013 3:00 pm
Pegleg

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Double locking to cause a flat battery is a red herring. I've tried all this including not locking the car at all and leaving overnight and the battery voltage was the same in all lock/unlock modes.
When ign is switched off, the system takes a while to go to sleep before the quiescent drain drops to an acceptable level. This is typical of many cars. Another member of the failed FL2 clutch/DMF club, twice.

Post #190038 2nd Jul 2013 5:26 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 10 of 11 <123 ... 91011>