Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Things you didn`t know your FL2 could do!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
sievester

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Rimini Red

With wipers on auto and raining, putting the car into reverse will switch the rear wiper on.

I'm lucky to have discovered this as our drought finally looks like breaking in this part of Australia. I've seen more rain this year than the last 5 put together!

Post #13879 4th Feb 2008 11:52 am
RW

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

A quick press of the start/stop button (without depressing the brake/clutch) will turn the satnav on without turning on the ignition/headlights.
Useful when you want to enter your destination on the satnav without switching on the engine or rest of the electrics.

Post #15303 6th Mar 2008 11:34 pm
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

RW wrote:
A quick press of the start/stop button (without depressing the brake/clutch) will turn the satnav on without turning on the ignition/headlights.
Useful when you want to enter your destination on the satnav without switching on the engine or rest of the electrics.

Also useful if you forget to shut the suroof before stopping the engine and ejecting the key.

Post #15312 7th Mar 2008 4:40 am
Gambba

The electric seats can be operated all of the time, even without the keyfob in, so you can use the 3rd memory as a fully lowered and all the way back setting to help getting in and out of the car...its what I do.....so its especially for short people.

Post #15313 7th Mar 2008 4:48 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Gambba wrote:
RW wrote:

Also useful if you forget to shut the suroof before stopping the engine and ejecting the key.

Oh! what a relief to read that Very Happy I really didnt know that and it has been a pain each time I stop and forgot to close the roof Whistle 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #15499 11th Mar 2008 9:05 am
AndyC

RW wrote:

Great to read that as well Very Happy - where is that I have read not this earlier Embarassed - is it not in the Users Handbook Question

Life will be easier in future Laughing 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #15501 11th Mar 2008 9:09 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Gambba wrote:
The electric seats can be operated all of the time, even without the keyfob in, so you can use the 3rd memory as a fully lowered and all the way back setting to help getting in and out of the car...its what I do.....so its especially for short people.

Do you need an old belt to help you close the tailgate, Ive got a spare piece?

Post #15502 11th Mar 2008 9:11 am
AndyC

npinks wrote:
upnaway wrote:
Nicam, fascinating! The things you did not know! I been playing locking the doors all day.
Mr Pinks, pls remind me how to turn the s/belt bongs off. Its been doing my head in between gates!

With the key in the holder and start button pressed (no clutch) so the dash lights up.

You insert the seatbelt something like 10 times in a minute, took me a couple of times to get the required result.

And the best one of all Very Happy How did I miss reading that one earlier Shocked Embarassed The bonging in my FL2 is now dead and gone (well almost) Laughing

Many thanks to all that have shared your knowlege Thumbs Up and keep em coming pleez 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #15503 11th Mar 2008 9:14 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

AndyC wrote:
npinks wrote:
upnaway wrote:
Nicam, fascinating! The things you did not know! I been playing locking the doors all day.
Mr Pinks, pls remind me how to turn the s/belt bongs off. Its been doing my head in between gates!

With the key in the holder and start button pressed (no clutch) so the dash lights up.

You insert the seatbelt something like 10 times in a minute, took me a couple of times to get the required result.

And the best one of all Very Happy How did I miss reading that one earlier Shocked Embarassed The bonging in my FL2 is now dead and gone (well almost) Laughing

Many thanks to all that have shared your knowlege Thumbs Up and keep em coming pleez

It is useful to be able to look backward while reversing without being held back in your seat by the belt. As when you don't belt up the silly bongs make it harder to pay attention to the reversing beepers. Mrs George used this as an excuse a few years ago when she reversed into a van in her admittedly very tricky works carpark

(shame she didn't stop and report the collision as the police had to come to our farm and interview her about it, she's learnt the correct thing to do now, her opinion was that the van was illegally parked so she had the right to reverse into it, the police didn't agree)

Post #15505 11th Mar 2008 9:23 am
AndyC

[quote="And the best one of all Very Happy How did I miss reading that one earlier Shocked Embarassed The bonging in my FL2 is now dead and gone (well almost) Laughing

Many thanks to all that have shared your knowlege Thumbs Up and keep em coming pleez[/quote]

It is useful to be able to look backward while reversing without being held back in your seat by the belt. As when you don't belt up the silly bongs make it harder to pay attention to the reversing beepers. Mrs George used this as an excuse a few years ago when she reversed into a van in her admittedly very tricky works carpark

(shame she didn't stop and report the collision as the police had to come to our farm and interview her about it, she's learnt the correct thing to do now, her opinion was that the van was illegally parked so she had the right to reverse into it, the police didn't agree)[/quote]

The worst seat-belt bonging I have experienced was in a hire car (Toyota) in Iceland. When using the passenger seat for my camera + telephoto, the car electronics considered that a very light person was sitting there and “bing-bonged” very annoyingly Rolling Eyes The only way to sneak into position to photograph birds from the driver’s window was to put the passenger’s side seat belt on the camera seat Wink 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #15509 11th Mar 2008 10:04 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

I haven't got a Freely2 but on RRS if you get the yellow low fuel light come on in the RRS the satnav will show you all the local filling stations on it's screen. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #15511 11th Mar 2008 11:34 am
phil_wkl

Australia 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
I haven't got a Freely2 but on RRS if you get the yellow low fuel light come on in the RRS the satnav will show you all the local filling stations on it's screen.

haven't tested it but I'm sure I read that somewhere in the manuals. Phil

Post #15515 11th Mar 2008 12:20 pm
phil_wkl

Australia 

If you unlock the doors, but don't open door or boot within 1 min, the car will auto lock. Phil

Post #15517 11th Mar 2008 12:38 pm
upnaway

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Baltic Blue

New F/L2s will fold their mirrors at speeds upto 70mph not the previously discussed 12mph. Do not know if this is a back compatable modification but shows somebody listens to customer comment. still pining for my 3dr, no removeable hardtop, no drop glass tailgate, no roof rack, no pockets everywhere to stow all that man kit

Post #15710 13th Mar 2008 9:16 pm
Gambba

Tim in Scotland wrote:
I haven't got a Freely2 but on RRS if you get the yellow low fuel light come on in the RRS the satnav will show you all the local filling stations on it's screen.

Yep it does this on the FL2 as well and when you enter the gas station it switches the gas station markers and warning off.

Post #15713 13th Mar 2008 9:48 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>