Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > one for the caravaners
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
bambi68

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Zermatt Silver

Fair enough I'm not sure myself, just working on kerb weight, being what the vehicle weighs empty , with allowance for the driver and a tank of fuel, which would be 1967kg

But max weight the vehicle can run at is 2505kg,

As you I could be wrong I am quite willing to, sit stand or lay corrected. Thumbs Up My11 freelander 2, xs, Manual, 18" hse sparkles, sidesteps, privacy, zermatt silver metallic, almond nutmeg alacantra, twin electric towbar

Gone my09 xs D3

Post #181060 20th Apr 2013 7:01 pm
StuckInTheMud

Scotland 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Fuji White

Two years ago.....
Returning from Italy, was going through Goddard Tunnel - leaving the Tunnel Swiss side... Wifey was asking to many questions (as they do at important times)..... Tomtom was also barking orders, turn left, turn left so I did! Embarassed

Ended up towing my caravan over the Susten Pass 2300 mts (about) (almost twice the size of Ben Nevis), with a Tiguan Summit. Have to say after the trauma in doing it (had to keep it flat out to get up) was pretty much impressed Surprised

Would I do it again, err, no Shocked

Was towing a Fendt 1700 kgs Whistle

Wifey did not speak to me for a couple of days Rolling with laughter she is scared of heights, I guess the final straw was she had to keep her head out of the window (when no traffic was evident of course) so she could give me the heads up if any traffic was coming the other way (rock face prevented me from seeing around the corners) Whistle

She is scared of heights and almost went to throw my camera over the cliff when I suggested she take some photos Laughing

Happy towing, you will be fine!

Now that I have an SD4 will be towing in Austria region in summer - will be able to gauge if it is better than Tiguan, and that was a good auto! 'There is thunder' then 'There is the warble of a V8'

SD4 HSE Fuji White (my car): sidesteps, door protection
Golf 2.0 tdi White (wife's car)
Triumph Stag (my 1975 V8 toy - 37,600 miles... Just started its 2nd restoration... had it since 1986)

Tiguan Summit (gone, but nice car)
Porsche Boxster (gone, it was too fast)
SLK (gone, did not like it - lost loads £s)
Discovery Cairngorm (gone,very tractor like)
+ loads of other cars

Post #181099 21st Apr 2013 8:55 am
Dartman the one

England 

Mass in service is The weight of the vehicle with driver (75Kg) 90% fuel and all fluid levels at operating levels. In other words the weight it is when being driven, Kerb Weight is when it leaves the factory, no fuel no driver, in theory if you have a factory fitted tow bar it should include it, but if it is dealer fitted it won't my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #182149 29th Apr 2013 12:36 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234