No - I am not using 2 Stroke oil
51%
 51%  [74]
Total Votes: 145

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 30 of 93 <123 ... 293031 ... 919293>
Print this entire topic · 
alex_pescaru

Again, I am not interested in the burning improvements (after injection) but the lubrication properties (before injection).

I believe that for more than 3 posts I keep saying: lubrication, lubrication, lubrication.
You keep came back with burning, burning, burning.

I, for one, give up...

Post #84020 12th Dec 2010 9:44 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Sounds to me they don't have the answer Wink Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #84022 12th Dec 2010 10:25 am
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

I've been thinking that all along

All I'm asking for is some evidence Rolling Eyes ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #84029 12th Dec 2010 11:35 am
athelstan

Alex is quiet right to remain firmly focus on lubrication and not burning, as it is the primary function of the 2sO in Diesel "improvement" debate that is at the heart of this thread.

It is important to acknowledge that where science is present, quality research demands that any conclusions reached are fully documented and that evidence is then disseminated to a network of Peers for verification and validation. In this case as forum members do not have access to YF's reports or to any other independent data (DG or A.N.Other) what we have so far can only be judged as hearsay.

Whilst that final process of Peer confirmation remains unfulfilled it is reasonable to expect a degree of pragmatic scepticism to prevail.

However Mr Pinks, your signature comment, "without valid proof your all sheep" adds nothing constructive to this debate and only alienates those who may be encouraged to provide such scientific evidence.

So YF / DG - as they say in poker - "put up or shut up". Personally I'd like to see independent validated documented evidence re improved lubrication.

Post #84030 12th Dec 2010 11:59 am
athelstan

Double Post - Sorry

Post #84031 12th Dec 2010 11:59 am
DiscoGeorge

South Africa 

Hi guys

I am in a flat spin at the moment before my departure to Switzerland on Wednesday. When I am back I will gather all the evidence and post the relevant pics showing the proof on this forum.

Here in SA December holidays are the same as July/August holidays in Europe, i.e. the big companies close down over the festive season. That is why I am under pressure at the moment to get all the work out.

So just wait until January please. Thumbs Up With kind regards
DiscoGeorge
1998 Disco1 ES 300Tdi with twin TrueTracs
2005 Disco3 TDV6 S
And some more serious stuff

Post #84032 12th Dec 2010 12:02 pm
redlabel

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Just wondering what effect, positive or negative, the 2so will have on the Webasto and its parts? FL2, TD4 HSE
The flaming Orange!

Post #84197 14th Dec 2010 11:54 am
athelstan

redlabel
I don't believe anything negative will happen, after all it's only a diesel fuel burner. The 2sO helps the diesel to burn cleaner so I'd have thought it (2sO) would be an overall improvement. But Alex is far more able to answer your question scientifically than I am.

Post #84218 14th Dec 2010 2:07 pm
EXPENCELANDER

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

To be honest the improved results that I have obtained with a number of vehicles over the last 15 years have in the main been performance and start related.
Also the evidence in documented form is copyrighted to the owner and may frequently be used in court.
Would we expect this evidence if it was ours, to be freely published on the Internet for any Tom Dick or Harry to use free of charge?

I also know what a pain in the Ar*e it is to get photographic evidence onto the computer and upload it tyo a forum in a format that is easily viewed as I'm a Mod on a trade forum giving prof advice for someone else to get the benefit of, with no input on their behalf. Offset your Carbon emissions by boycotting Baked Beans and all Green Vegitables.

Post #84234 14th Dec 2010 6:02 pm
DiscoGeorge

South Africa 

redlabel wrote:
Just wondering what effect, positive or negative, the 2so will have on the Webasto and its parts?

It will dry up your vocabulary of explicit words Thumbs Up

But serious, it will improve the extreme cold start behaviour of the Webasto diesel heater by AT LEAST 300% Bow down With kind regards
DiscoGeorge
1998 Disco1 ES 300Tdi with twin TrueTracs
2005 Disco3 TDV6 S
And some more serious stuff

Post #84247 14th Dec 2010 7:53 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

DiscoGeorge wrote:
redlabel wrote:
Just wondering what effect, positive or negative, the 2so will have on the Webasto and its parts?

It will dry up your vocabulary of explicit words Thumbs Up

But serious, it will improve the extreme cold start behaviour of the Webasto diesel heater by AT LEAST 301.05% Bow down

Bow down Bow down Bow down Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #84291 15th Dec 2010 8:05 am
trl

Romania 
I've just started to put 2sO in my diesel tank!

Hi guys and many thanks to all of you for these great info's about 2sO.

I have 2 weeks since I've added a mixture of 1l of gasoline and 0.2l of 2sO (Mol Dynamic JASCO-FC) in about 45-48l of diesel-oil from my tank.

What I've noticed:
- Cold starting at -15C seems to be a little bit improved, but cold starting was already good enough to my car, so it's kinda hard to say right now. I'll need to wait till temperature drops as low as -25C, to compare to last year's winter cold starting...Smile
- Engine really sounds better in the morning at -15C and it runs smoother at this very cold temperature. Two weeks ago, at -3C, my injectors were louder than now at -15C.
- Very difficult to say something about power increase, exhaust smoke or about Mpg improvement.

The car is a RENAULT Clio II with 1.461 cmc Dci engine turbocharged, having 175.000 km, with Delphi injectors repaired 5.000 km ago and runing perfectly.

Post #84479 16th Dec 2010 8:53 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Not sure if this is of any used. Found it posted on RRSport

avos wrote:
I would first check if diesel is already mixed with Bio diesel in your countiy, as it has been clearly shown in the tests (from the links in this thread), that bio diesel provides the best lubrication possible (already at 2%). Here is a summary of that test:
Click image to enlarge

At least in belgium it is (the latest I heard was about 4%), so if it is then to add also 2 stroke oil is pointless.
 Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #85488 26th Dec 2010 10:22 am
yamaha-fan

Germany 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

The Chart as provided by npinks comes from a diesel fuel lubricity study as published by The Diesel Place of USA.
This US-study is from January 2008 and has been mentioned by me on this forum some time ago. So what npinks has provided is nothing new.
If you read this Chart with intelligence and understanding, you will notice that the tested No. 7 -Super Tech Outboard- is a 2-T Oil (2sO). Under the remarks you will further notice, that Products 1 through 9 (No. 7 is 2-T oil) were able to IMPROVE the unadditized fuel to an HFRR score of 520 or better, meaning that these products improve the lubricity of the tested fuel and represent maximum wear protection. Remark: The 2-T oil is the CHEAPEST "additive" in this comparison.
So contrary to what npinks and Dave comment, this study and the Chart PROVE the effectiveness of 2-T oil.

YF

Post #85616 28th Dec 2010 10:20 am
scrimple

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Ipanema Sand

Just thought I would throw this in for you all

Been looking an screwfix and they are selling this: Ryobi Semi-Synthetic 2-Stroke Oil 1L for £4.00 a pop, well 3.99 if you are picky, it is JASO FC rated.

I am using it & it works for me. Very Happy

Post #85705 29th Dec 2010 12:41 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 30 of 93 <123 ... 293031 ... 919293>