Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > How to replace the bluetooth phone module
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
sparsek

Brazil 

I have a 2012 SD4, which had the bluetooth module failing… .. I discovered the module at the rear of the car, exactly as I described here. I was about to change the module, when I decided to check the fuse again. The fuse was not open, but the contacts were dirty! it was just cleaning the contacts and working again. I took the opportunity to clean all the fuses. The fuse box is at the rear, next to the spare tire.

Post #408174 22nd May 2021 9:30 pm
sparsek

Brazil 

regarding the above post, unfortunately the defect has returned. work for a while and bluetooth has gone down…. you may have to change the module.

Post #408251 24th May 2021 8:13 pm
p_gill

United States 2008 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

Sparsek,

The fuses are Aluminum and plated with Tin and possibly Zinc.

You don't want to clean the fuse you want to replace it.

I've replaced all of the fuses in the front two boxes and based on your post I will need to buy the fuses for the rear fuse box.

Thanks for the reminder.

Note: the contact area for the fuse is very small and the contact resistance can get very high and prevent the module from receiving power.

Here is a picture of a fuse from the front fuse box.

Click image to enlarge

Get a new fuse and post here if the module still has problems

Take care

Paul

Last edited by p_gill on 27th May 2021 12:45 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #408308 26th May 2021 3:34 pm
sparsek

Brazil 

Thank you so much for the tip!
I will do the replacement as you recommended.

All the best,
Sergio

Post #408311 26th May 2021 3:58 pm
jpacult

Poland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Nazca Sand

Hello, thank you for your tutorial:),

I have Freelander 2 2007 2.2 td4 SE
Can anyone help me with connection loudspeeker system to my android phone?
I changed electric bundle with two optical fibers on the back of the car.
I put the new shifter to the steering wheel.
My radio isn't work if i want to pair phone, when i click handset on radio. There is no info about the possibilities with connection.
At the moment I have a fabric electric bundle back.

Post #408479 31st May 2021 6:58 pm
sparsek

Brazil 

I finally solved the problem with hands free... I replaced the module indicated here and everything started working again. I don't know why the old module started to fail, and when it failed, it randomly turned the entire sound system on and off, and after a while the bluetooth was just inactive. I thought it might be some bad contact, but no.
The module code is Ax2310f845aa - Freelander 2 SD4 2012

Post #408540 2nd Jun 2021 3:45 pm
p_gill

sparsek wrote:
I finally solved the problem with hands free... I replaced the module indicated here and everything started working again. I don't know why the old module started to fail, and when it failed, it randomly turned the entire sound system on and off, and after a while the bluetooth was just inactive. I thought it might be some bad contact, but no.
The module code is Ax2310f845aa - Freelander 2 SD4 2012

The M.O.S.T ring carries the signal for the sound system and it goes to the Amplifier which then creates the sound you hear with the help of the speakers.

Every module takes the input signal and relays it to the next module. If a module stops working then sound is lost.

To confirm this the module can be bypassed.

This link explains how

https://www.freel2.com/forum/topic36819.html

Note: the UK doesn't have the Satellite Radio module.

Good luck

Paul

Post #408556 2nd Jun 2021 5:33 pm
Simon J

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Rimini Red

I've just used the guidance in this nine year old thread (!) to change the BT module. My only small observation that might minimise the risk of dropping one of the screws which secure the module is that these screws just need to be loosened - not actually removed - as the mounting bracket in the wing panel has slots rather than just holes. Loosen the screws and then the module just slides out. Likewise when fitting the replacement one - screw the screws in a couple of turns before sliding the module into place.

A straightforward job made much easier by reading the OP's original helpful post. He hasn’t posted for nearly six years so possible no longer an FL2 owner - gone but not forgotten!

Post #410206 15th Jul 2021 3:57 pm
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Phone hands free fixed

I turned to this thread when I started to have problems with my phone hands free connection. With the phone connected, and during a call, the phone dropped out and the whole ICE system went “wappy”, with the Sat Nav screen cycling from “Land Rover” to “On” to map, to blank screen at random. Could not control it at all. If I disconnected the phone & turned ignition off, everything reverted to normal, Sat Nav, Radio, etc, but it had dumped the phone pairing.
Having read this thread I took a look at the Bluetooth module and noted the part number - was a 7G9N-10D893-AG model. I took a look at eBay and searched the part number which came up with various items for both Freelander 2 and Jaguar XF, also Volvo. I ordered a Jag XF item with the same p/n (which was a tad cheaper than the cheapest FL2 model) which arrived today.

Fitment was easy, functional tested by ringing my pal on hands free with Sat Nav working, no drop out! Passed!

Only thing I noted was the car now thinks it’s a Jaguar when I pair the phone. I can live with that! (Anyone know how I can change that?)

Bob 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #411012 3rd Aug 2021 5:28 pm
p_gill

I got the BLUETOOTH disease today

The failure mode was very interesting the signal in the MOST RING was not completing the loop

I had already bypassed the Satellite Radio Module (North America only) and I learned how to bypass the Blue Tooth by accident when I was looking for the Satellite Module. They are both bypassed the same way with a fiber optic loop back. So today I reactivated the Satellite Module and disabled the Blue Tooth and I placed an order for a second loop back.

The interesting thing is how the system reacts to the failure. It kept turning off and back on every 30 seconds or so. If you know what a watch dog timer is you will understand

It took 20 minutes but all is good again

Take care

Paul

PS I didn’t try replacing the fuse

Post #411026 4th Aug 2021 4:48 am
Moby

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Thanks to the OP for a very helpful post. My module packed in, had padlocks on the radio display across all the options except pairing new phone. Tried powering down hard reset etc etc, no joy.
so i bought a 2nd hand one off ebay, plugged new (to me) one in and still had padlock icons on the display. Tried pairing car to phone, no joy. Tried phone to car and bingo.

Thanks to the OP and the other useful replies. Much appreciated.

Post #432970 31st May 2023 3:52 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234