Print this entire topic · 
p_gill

United States 2008 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

Excellent write up

Post #392878 19th Jun 2020 8:50 pm
cd7topr

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Narvik Black

TooBlue wrote:
I think the IAM is the main display head unit or behind it. Could be very expensive?

Yes, it is expensive. So I was thinking of going the whole hog and swapping out the standard audio for the touch screen version. Is that plug-and-play? Apart from the facsia and screen/head unit is there anything else required? Like a CD unit, more wiring? Any insights very welcome. Thanks

Post #392913 21st Jun 2020 2:20 pm
Garan

Wales 

Great guide👍🏻. Helped when I did mine yesterday morning. Nice easy job, only took about 20 mins to swap the modules over but then took the next 40 trying to locate the trim clip that sits just back from the seat retaining latch🤬, glad I bought extra clips as I snapped 3 trying to get it back in position. If I needed to do the job again I wouldn’t pop it out, the extra room it allows definitely doesn’t make it easier.

Post #392918 21st Jun 2020 8:03 pm
TTowers

Great guide - thank you very much - persuaded my husband that we could try and fit this ourselves. Purchased pre owned part from eBay and replaced within 15 minutes - absolutely delighted and money saved can now be spent on a hand bag !
Thank you

Post #394738 27th Jul 2020 2:07 pm
Bigblue

South Africa 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Lux Auto Alaska White
Adding Bluetooth Module where it doesn’t exist

Hi
Sorry if this is the wrong thread but hoping I am spot on Very Happy
I just bought a 2010 Td4 HSE Which has all the phone buttons etc on the radio but brand new it was never ordered with the phone module. If I bought the module and simply followed the instructions to connect it do you think it would just work or would I be missing other major items?
Regards
Paul

Post #399673 10th Nov 2020 4:25 pm
MotionInc

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

The module might already be there; installed but likely never JLR SDD activated. I would check behind the rear hatch panel per the thread pics and see if there's one first. If so, you would need access to JLR SDD software and programmer or a Gap iidtool or the like to activate it.

Post #399675 10th Nov 2020 4:40 pm
Bigblue

Thank you, I suspect same, will open it up and see if I can spot anything and will share what I find Cool

Post #399676 10th Nov 2020 4:43 pm
Bigblue

Hi, me again Very Happy
I opened up the right rear panel, looks like the phone module is not there. Would it just plug into this socket, that simple?

Post #399782 12th Nov 2020 3:17 am
MotionInc

No, it would have to be "turned on" in the CCF, Car Configuration File. A software/hardware activation done by an independent, the dealer or DIY with a steep learning curve and the proverbial "brown pants". The dealer software is JLR SDD. I don't know if the Gap iidtool supports this.

Post #399800 12th Nov 2020 12:53 pm
Nodge68

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Rimini Red

MotionInc wrote:
No, it would have to be "turned on" in the CCF, Car Configuration File. A software/hardware activation done by an independent, the dealer or DIY with a steep learning curve and the proverbial "brown pants". The dealer software is JLR SDD. I don't know if the Gap iidtool supports this.
The IID has the option to configure different audio options like Bluetooth, DAB and other Audio system configurations 2009 Rimini Red SE TD4. My daily driver.
Gone. 2006 Tonga Green i6 HSE.

Post #399803 12th Nov 2020 2:12 pm
Bigblue

Thank you MotionInc and Nodge, much appreciated. I understand, now just for a price from Landrover for the part and then if I get it I’ll install and haul the vehicle to my Indy who does my Defender Puma and who incidentally is the only guy who has ever maintained this Freelander since it came out of warranty with LR.

Thanks again for the guidance!

Ps: seems I didn’t load my pics properly with original post, not that I believe you needed them anyway but herewith

Post #399821 12th Nov 2020 7:19 pm
MotionInc

You may be able to source a used module on ebay or some such; I'd call your LR parts department , get the quote as well as the proper part number; My LR parts guy will email me a pic of his screen with the info, price, discount, etc.. Believe it or not, the LR parts guy that I deal with, his prices beat the online market for most things.

Post #399838 13th Nov 2020 8:21 am
Bigblue

Great thanks. I live in South Africa, whilst aftermarket parts are fairly readily available we do not have as much option as you guys in the US with sites like eBay and Amazon etc. I have a price in from an aftermarket supplier, it’s quite steep but still waiting on the stealers to give me their price (the group I work for has an automotive div with some LR dealers too so will be interested to see how the original part with an employee discount compares).

Phoned around this morning to see if it wouldn’t just be more economical to have a Parrot or something installed but apparently they are becoming obsolete because just about every new car comes with Bluetooth standard these days. Seems like the route of getting the original Bluetooth module will be the most cost effective as the lady at the supplier I called about the parrot even said that a double din radio replacement of the whole Landrover radio unit comes in at an estimated double the cost of the price I have so far for the original Bluetooth unit.... Happy days 😀🤨

Post #399845 13th Nov 2020 11:25 am
grumsel

Netherlands 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 Sport Auto Barolo Black

Is the plug you are showing the correct plug? If you look at the photo's in the first post you also see a unconnected plug and the plug you are showing looks like that one. I think it's for extra loudspeakers, not for bluetooth.

For connecting the bluetooth module you need 2 plugs, 1 electrical and 1 optical. The electrical plug might be there, don't know. But I doubt the optical plug is there, if it is there it should be closed by a shunt otherwise non of the devices connected to the optical ring would work.

Check the last photo in the first post, you can see a gray plug on the top of the module (electrical connection) and a black plug with orange fibers in the middle (optical connection). You can also see the gray unconnected plug.

Post #399846 13th Nov 2020 11:30 am
Bigblue

Ok thanks, will open it up and have a proper look again before I buy anything, hopefully all the right stuff is there. Was in a bit of a hurry at the time and doing it a bit in the dark and with a massive thunderstorm happening whilst being stared down by a tracking company Technician who did not want me anywhere near the vehicle whilst he was doing his work...... Laughing

Post #399847 13th Nov 2020 11:36 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>