Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Dieselgate rolls on for UK customers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
Bluebird1999

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

Hi, could anyone that quoted my recent post regarding a settlement figure please delete them?

Reading a guidance document issued by the solicitors, this prohibits any disclosure as stated by other members on here.

Much obliged if this can be done.

Looks like Boxbrownie and Jules. 64 plate TD4 SE Santorini Black
2021 Mazda MX5 GT Sport Tech

Post #422076 6th Jun 2022 5:33 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Done, I did actually mention you might want to delete/edit your post, and the forgot it would be in mine Rolling with laughter Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #422087 6th Jun 2022 8:14 pm
Boxbrownie

jules wrote:
What is the reason for for your claim ?

That’s what I’d like to know, the VW debacle was well known and admitted, but not heard that any other manufacturer has actually installed “cheat” software to manipulate emissions. Regards

David

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #422088 6th Jun 2022 8:16 pm
Bluebird1999

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

Boxbrownie wrote:
Done, I did actually mention you might want to delete/edit your post, and the forgot it would be in mine Rolling with laughter

Thanks 64 plate TD4 SE Santorini Black
2021 Mazda MX5 GT Sport Tech

Post #422089 6th Jun 2022 8:27 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

I might be wrong, but the ECU controlling the emissions is a generic Bosch unit, tweaked to suit various applications. This is installed in quite a few manufacturers vehicles - Ford and LR being two. The point is not is the cheat software installed (it is as it's part of the firmware), but is the cheat section of the software (knowingly?) activated.

Imagine you are legitimately struggling to meet your companies emissions and MPG target, and someone says there is a way to beat the test. At this point you can say yes please, or you can choose between MPG or emissions.

The cheat is relatively easy, you monitor the outside temperature (wing mirror temperature sensor?) and if it has been at a constant 20C for 24hours you know that the car is about to undergo the test, so do everything that will keep the emissions legal. If it hasn't been at the temperature for the required time, use a different set of fueling regime that actually produce a lot more emissions but uses less fuel. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #422094 6th Jun 2022 10:16 pm
Boxbrownie

I cannot tell you how the cheat was activated (I do know though), but for sure a lot of the hardware is generic although the software for each individual vehicle (and sometimes variations within a model line) is designed specifically.

The software for the VW/Audi group was designed in house using Bosch programming tools, the cheat was unique to each engine/vehicle combination, there was no generic cheat software that could work with every vehicle, each was customised for the test procedure.

I believe a lot of these “ambulance chasing” firms are chancing their luck hoping they get enough clients to put forward a claim in the hope they get lucky in the future with a company owning up to doing the same as VW/Audi, after chatting to some old mates who actually worked in emissions testing they are adamant they only know of the VW situation and I’ve known them long enough (and tucked a few in bed dead drunk Rolling with laughter ) to believe them. Regards

David

Post #422103 7th Jun 2022 10:03 am
Dartman the one

England 

Looking at the dates for LR it would seem they are only targeting vehicles made under the Tata regime, so probably chancing their arm, let's admit it LR is a premium car builder, its customers generally don't give a rat's a**e about mpg or emissions, so why bother to cheat my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #422112 7th Jun 2022 12:33 pm
Boxbrownie

Had a quick chat with one of my old muckers today and apparently they are also targeting Mercedes of certain vintage, he hasn’t heard on the vehicle development grapevine any more than that. Regards

David

Post #422116 7th Jun 2022 5:27 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

jules wrote:

Tried my reg and they said it was an applicable model. It was the e model with the stop/start and was pushed by LR and the dealer as being the big I am for lower emissions and therefore tax.

No win no fee, so I thought I'd see what happens. LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #422136 8th Jun 2022 5:38 pm
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

fingers crossed then Jules

Post #422145 8th Jun 2022 10:38 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

The Doctor wrote:
jules wrote:

Tried my reg and they said it was an applicable model. It was the e model with the stop/start and was pushed by LR and the dealer as being the big I am for lower emissions and therefore tax.

No win no fee, so I thought I'd see what happens.

Same here, my registration gets the ok on their site. No win no fee so may add my name to their list. Will double check T&Cs carefully first

Post #422146 8th Jun 2022 11:03 pm
Boxbrownie

The Doctor wrote:

No win no fee, so I thought I'd see what happens.

Well it has got very low emissions…….when the engine has stopped Thumbs Up

It wouldn’t surprise me if you trawled through Autotrader and entered some randomly found reg numbers they would come up as well Rolling with laughter Regards

David

Post #422161 9th Jun 2022 8:54 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345