Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Feelander 2 Hesitation / Judder / Stuttering fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 23 of 25 <123 ... 22 232425>
Print this entire topic · 
CED

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Bali Blue

Ianmetro@ : Unfortunately this problem has also badly affected manual gearbox models as well as automatic. Maybe there are two diseases running parallel !

Post #408768 7th Jun 2021 8:31 am
FreelSol1

England 

I can understand that there might be a buildup of crap in the turbo vanes, but what has this got to do with the warm weather (when the power-loss problem mostly occurs)?

There would still be crap on the turbo vanes in the winter, wouldn't there?

So, I still don't have the solution - I'm just giving my opinion on the turbo vanes. I'm trying turbo cleaner at moment and it does run slightly better, but the problem still remains. Smile

Post #408995 12th Jun 2021 4:59 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

CED wrote : Unfortunately this problem has also badly affected manual gearbox models as well as automatic. Maybe there are two diseases running parallel !

My input was in answer to you saying that your problem occurred on a hot day in an auto. Yes do believe that there are more than one FL2 problem (or characteristic) that causes the low rev hesitation symptom.

FreelSol1 wrote : I can understand that there might be a buildup of crap in the turbo vanes, but what has this got to do with the warm weather (when the power-loss problem mostly occurs)?

There would still be crap on the turbo vanes in the winter, wouldn't there?

So, I still don't have the solution - I'm just giving my opinion on the turbo vanes. I'm trying turbo cleaner at moment and it does run slightly better, but the problem still remains.

I have a minor attack of this 'Fluttering Noise at about 1400 RPM' problem.
Oddly it only happens on one particular (slight but longish) hill in Langport (about 35 miles away from home) and nowhere else ?
I am normally in 'Cruise Control' at a steady 30mph.

After reading these posts I have bought some Redex and am presently running through the tankful, to see if it makes any difference.

As the problem occurred so rarely, I decided it must be a FL2 characteristic, and did not worry. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #409002 12th Jun 2021 11:06 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

I have said this before but my son had a 2011 model with this problem which he often complained about and it went back to the dealers a couple of times but they said that LR didn't know the cause. Anyway he went off to Kenya in 2016 and I took over the car for a year or so and it never happened to me or my wife and we drove it in hot and cold weather so it made me wonder if it was partly down to driving style. I eventually traded the car in for my current 14 reg SD4 auto and no sign of it on that one. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #409026 13th Jun 2021 1:58 pm
nicke20

United Kingdom 

Mine is a 2013 manual and as soon as the temp goes over 16 degrees air temp it drives like a bag of .... normal problem is come off throttle as you go down hill or approach a roundabout, come back on throttle and it stutters like a rodeo horse.
Anybody ever tried a remap to cure it?
also how do I go about having all its software updated without going to a stealers? its been local garage serviced for the last 4 years, oh its had a full haldex service too
Suggestions?

Post #411579 20th Aug 2021 5:48 pm
CED

Nicke20@ …. Don’t waste money on software update, will not have any effect, tried everything for nine years, there is no permanent cure . The strange thing is some things will make it ok for a time , and then the problem returns. My best solution is double dose Redex on every tank, which for me is a vast improvement, but not a complete cure . See all the posts on this subject, even LR have washed their hands of the problem it seems.

Post #411582 20th Aug 2021 6:06 pm
nicke20

United Kingdom 

as soon as you get to the total fed up point winter arrives and you love your car again! Ill start dosing it Smile

Post #411584 20th Aug 2021 6:33 pm
rotweiller

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Santorini Black

hi not sure if im in the right place, i have a 2011 fl2 s td4 my scanner is showing some dtc,s it coughs and jumps into limp mode
B2263 turbo boost system performance
P006A maf/map sensor flow correlation
P0108 manifold absolute pressure/barometric sensor high input
B100A fuel pump authorisation bcm current once the dtc,s are cleared it returns to reduced engine performance (limp mode)
ive changed the map sensor which made no difference
any help would be appriciated
thanks in advance

Post #413437 15th Oct 2021 1:39 pm
jenks1950

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

nicke20 wrote:
Mine is a 2013 manual and as soon as the temp goes over 16 degrees air temp it drives like a bag of .... normal problem is come off throttle as you go down hill or approach a roundabout, come back on throttle and it stutters like a rodeo horse.
also how do I go about having all its software updated without going to a stealers? its been local garage serviced for the last 4 years, oh its had a full haldex service too
Suggestions?

A bit late spotting this post, but my understanding was that the incurable misfire and hesitation only affected 2011 models

Are you sure that this is not just a fuel filter issue. Your symptoms sound similar to those reported when not using a genuine LR filter or maybe just due a change. In the early years of my ownership my FL was serviced by a main dealer on one of their fixed price schemes. I can't be sure but my suspicion is that they never changed the fuel filter. I started to experience an occasional misfire which a new filter cured completely

Steve

Post #413441 15th Oct 2021 3:03 pm
rotweiller

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Santorini Black

i have a 2011 fl2 s td4 my scanner is showing some dtc,s it coughs and jumps into limp mode,
B100A fuel pump authorisation bcm current once the dtc,s are cleared it returns to reduced engine performance (limp mode)it is now only showing data concerning my fuel pump

Click image to enlarge

Post #413444 15th Oct 2021 4:23 pm
bin

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 S Auto Orkney Grey

jenks1950 wrote:
nicke20 wrote:
Suggestions?

A bit late spotting this post, but my understanding was that the incurable misfire and hesitation only affected 2011 models

Are you sure that this is not just a fuel filter issue. Your symptoms sound similar to those reported when not using a genuine LR filter or maybe just due a change. In the early years of my ownership my FL was serviced by a main dealer on one of their fixed price schemes. I can't be sure but my suspicion is that they never changed the fuel filter. I started to experience an occasional misfire which a new filter cured completely

Steve

Last year my issue vanished completely after a basic service with a fuel filter change and codes reset.
This year - after only 1600 miles it just had a basic oil service ni June- the fuel filter was not changed and again a codes reset to clear the service warning.
Problem returned, not quite as bad but still there above 14C or thereabouts.
BONKERS! ABSOLUTELY BLOOMIN BONKERS!!!!!
Never mind, winter is coming:)

Post #413453 16th Oct 2021 6:08 am
CED

^^^^^^
Exactly what happened to me, first service at 4000 miles from new , car Ito main dealer for full service, drove home , miss was then happening . LR or me have been able to get rid of it since . Change a component, the problem may disappear for a while, but it returned.
Was told by independent LR mechanic that when he worked for main dealer they had many bulletins on the problem, but none were ever a success
The problem is also evident on my transit van to a tiny extent when pulling away sometimes, and many Perguots suffering the same problem. All using the same engine.

Post #413456 16th Oct 2021 9:15 am
JonMs

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

There is a guy on the Freelander 2 Facebook group who describes this very fault: MY 11, hesitation at 1800 revs when temperature is above 13 deg. He has cured it by using an Autel ap200 to "... reset the adaptations on the throttle using the service function on the autel ap200 which also resets the turbo and egr valve..."

Has anyone here tried this? Does it sound plausible? I didn't know these functions were available on the Autel Ap200. If they are I might get one as they are quite inexpensive.

Post #413889 28th Oct 2021 5:21 pm
sparsek

Brazil 

Hi
Did you try it?
I have a thinkdiag scanner and thinking about try this on my SD4 2012
Waiting some one with mechanical experience say that’s safe…

greetings
SPP

Post #416453 29th Dec 2021 7:32 pm
JonMs

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Yes, I tried it and it did no harm. In fact it appeared to make no difference to anything at all! However I have diagnosed my juddering as a slipping torque converter clutch. An oil change seems to have cured it (for now).

Post #416602 3rd Jan 2022 11:07 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 23 of 25 <123 ... 22 232425>