Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > XTRONS PA77DLRPL
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 16 of 16 <123 ... 141516
Print this entire topic · 
moestr7v8

England 

Hi Simon, we had the standard head unit in the car which we have replaced with the PA70DLRL xtrons unit.
At the moment we are getting used to it and finding out what can and cannot be obtainable, the only problem at the moment and it is an important one is the fact their are no clear instructions on how you use it or what and how you programme the unit, which doesn't help when one is an electronics numpty hence the reason we went to Steve to install the unit
Cheers
Moe

Post #412175 10th Sep 2021 8:23 pm
Simon J

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Rimini Red

Thanks, Moe, but surely the Xtrons doesn’t replace the head unit as it’s needed to accept the audio in and play it through the speakers. Did you perhaps replace the Land Rover screen and associated kit?

Post #412176 10th Sep 2021 8:26 pm
moestr7v8

England 

Hi Simon, the original unit is removed completly and is replaced by xtrons unit, if you buy an xtron you need the fibre optic link as it is not supplied with the unit.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Moe

Post #412179 10th Sep 2021 10:47 pm
Simon J

Moe,
My apologies - I missed your last post for some reason so therefore didn’t acknowledge it until now. I’ve now bought and installed the latest version with built in wireless CarPlay and that really is very impressive. I’d have to say, however, I’d be more than a little underwhelmed if I just had the standard Xtrons unit. Of course the add ons such as reversing camera, TPMS and perhaps OBDII are useful, but wireless CarPlay is the dog's whatsits!

Post #413324 10th Oct 2021 9:17 pm
Colegate

2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

Apologies if this has already been posted. Seen a few people asking questions so just thought send the link xtron sent me.

http://bbs.xtrons.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=582981

I have Freelander 2. Td4 with no nav.
Installation was straight forward even though no instruction were given. Watch YouTube videos if your stuck.

Didnt have to connect to the rear aux output.

Volume works on the steering wheel but the rest don't.

Bin the speaker that comes with it, steering volume doesn't control this.

Seen a few people saying online about the screen being off centre. This just takes a bit of time. Bit fiddly but can be put central.

Hope this helps anyone new and unsure.

Regards to the system only had it yesterday but works fine. Just need to get use to how things work and will be customising it once I figure it out.

Post #413426 15th Oct 2021 9:18 am
Simon J

Has anyone found a way of permanently changing the speed on the Home Screen from kph to mph? I can change it just by touching the speed icon but it reverts to kph when switched off.

Post #413657 21st Oct 2021 9:47 pm
blaster1232

Latvia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Santorini Black

hello.

I had a problem with my XTRONS system where it didn't connect to my Iphone's hotspot anymore, since the latest IOS 15 update has changed security protocol to WPA3. I contacted XTRONS tech support and they provided me with an update, after which everything works again. If you have the same issue, feel free to contact support or me, I have the update in my email.

Post #415033 25th Nov 2021 10:42 am
Simon J

As an aside, surely the Xtrons doesn’t connect to the iPhone’s hotspot, rather the iPhone connects to the Xtrons WiFi access point? As I write this listening to music streamed to the Xtrons via CarPlay my iPhone is showing it’s connected to AndroidAP_2928.

Post #415038 25th Nov 2021 12:25 pm
blaster1232

Latvia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Santorini Black

I believe this depends on your xtrons system. I have one without built-in carplay, so I am mainly using android system that the xtrons has. For example, if i want to listen to music, i open spotify, enable hotspot on my iphone and connect my xtrons to iphone hotspot so that xtrons has internet connection. Of course, I can also listen music with xtrons offline, but then i have to connect my iphone via bluetooth, and music would be streamed through music app in xtrons rather than spotify. I dont know about carplay, but it could be the case that iphone ir connecting to carplay rather than other way around.

Post #415040 25th Nov 2021 2:27 pm
Simon J

Ah yes, that makes sense. I would need to use my iPhone hotspot if I wanted to use the apps built in to the Xtrons rather than use CarPlay. Thanks.

Post #415043 25th Nov 2021 2:36 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 16 of 16 <123 ... 141516