Home > In Car Electronics > XTRONS PA77DLRPL
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 16 123 ... 141516>
Print this entire topic · 
ebear

Czech Republic 2010 LR2 SD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey
XTRONS PA77DLRPL

Hello All,

I just bought XTRONS PA77DLRPL to replace the original Navi.

The Xtrons goes with an special patch cable in the original radio cable system.

When the original Navi screen stays connected the XTRONS PA77DLRPL works perfect, its a really great replacement for the Navi with Android 7 and a great screen for a very good price. It has even a special button box who goes below the display.

As above the unit works great, but only with the original display also connected.

I found on internet at a somewhat other unit the following written:

"TIP: it DOES work if you have the stock navigation, you just have to be clever and splice/connect the fiber optic cable going to the stock nav. It's not rocket science, you just need shrink wrap and a paper clip."

I tried to connect the author of this message about more details, but no reaction.

My car is an 2010 Freelander 2, 2.2TD, with the Alpine sound system.

Has anyone solved this issue before.

Thanks and best regards,

Eric

Post #337518 18th Dec 2017 7:54 pm
grumsel

Netherlands 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 Sport Auto Barolo Black

What happens when the original screen is not connected? I would expect you loose audio from the radio.

When you disconnect the original screen you will break the MOST ring (the optical cable). This MOST ring connects the sat nav, the radio, the amplifier and Bluetooth. If the ring is broken the connection between the radio and the amplifier is gone and audio is lost.

I would not try to fix the MOST cables with shrink wrap and a paperclip. Land rover has a part called "bypass shunt for fiber optics", part number LR019014. Apparently it can be used to "close" the MOST ring. See for instance here http://www.diag-auto.biz/eshop/en/diagnost...twork.html but if you search for the part number you will find other suppliers.

Post #337522 18th Dec 2017 9:41 pm
ebear

Hello Grumsel,

When the original screen isn't connected the radio lights up with the time. If power on is pressed the 6CD logo comes up for a few seconds and after this the radio display goes back to displaying the time. So also radio no function.

I already this evening ordered the LR019014, I read something about the Most network and you answer makes sense to me.

Thanks a lot.

ps. Ik zie dat je uit Nederland komt. I ben ook Nederlander en woon al reeds een lange tijd in Tsjechie.

Bedankt en tot schrijfs.

Eric

Post #337533 18th Dec 2017 11:41 pm
grumsel

Netherlands 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 Sport Auto Barolo Black

Hi Eric,

I have developed on products which use the MOST network (not in cars) so have some experience with MOST. I found it is a nice network for audio but a nightmare for data (a single control message can transport something like 14 bytes!).

Another thing I learned is that it is sensitive for bad optical connections and external light sources. We found that using one shunt in a cable is acceptable but 2 behind each other might be a problem because each shunt will weaken the signal (how much depends on the quality of the shunt). The difference between a shunt and a device is that a device will emit light and regenerate the signal, a shunt will only make the signal worse.

So I don't know if another shunt is a good idea if you ever wanted to remove the DVD player under the seat. Because if you do that you will have 2 shunts behind each other between the radio and the amplifier (if the drawing in this document https://www.freel2.com/gallery/albums/user...etwork.pdf is correct). You can of course try but if you have problems I would just let the player stay under the seat.

The best solution would be to make new MOST cables, a direct cable from the radio to the amplifier but that is not an easy thing to do.

Place let us know if you get it working, there might be other brave people who would like to try this.

Gerrit

Post #337577 19th Dec 2017 3:17 pm
ebear

Hello Gerrit,

I have yesterday evening ordered the LR019014. The supplier says on the web site that it is a 3-4 days delivery, so I hope it will arrive this week. The document in your link I was referring to before, this is great document about the functionality and gives sense to my issue.

I read lots of post in this forum about replacing the Nav unit. Before there wasn't a lot available (mainly too expensive) but the new Xtrons head unit is great. I already tried the unit with the original Navi connected and it works perfect. The original Radio and CD stays normally functional.

I thought about removing also the Navi DVD under the seat, but this isn't really a priority.

Thanks a lot for your support, when the LR019014 arrives I will let now if the issue is solved.

Regards,

Eric

Post #337579 19th Dec 2017 3:26 pm
Trekker1972

Italy 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 S Auto Stornoway Grey

Hello,
I ordered the XTRONS PA77DLRPL too, to improve the old android navi that I installed two years ago. My MY2011 Freelander has the mid-range audio system without the orginal navi from LR, so my radio hasn't the problem of the MOST ring. The installation was not too difficult even without installation instructions (I'm used to chinese devices).
I have a big problem with this device: I can hear the music player audio only from the little navi's speaker, but nothing from the original radio (with the aux input source selected, of course).
Could you tell me if I have to set-up some hidden parameter to forward the audio to the radio instead of the little speaker?

Regards,

Paolo. MY11 SD4 S

www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/676513.html

Post #338520 3rd Jan 2018 11:22 am
jutrem

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Tonga Green

Does this unit have installation instructions? Only see a generic "Android" user guide on their web site.
What's the installation like?

Post #341656 7th Feb 2018 2:17 am
Trekker1972

As usual, the devices from China don't have clear installation instructions. Anyway, I successfully installed this unit in my Free and solved the audio problem. I have pushed on the technical assistance and they sent to me some photos of the connectors connection. MY11 SD4 S

Post #341710 7th Feb 2018 1:11 pm
jutrem

Glad you got the sound through radio / AUX issue fixed. Could you attach the pictures. Was it a simple fix?

Post #341750 7th Feb 2018 7:11 pm
jutrem

Was the the XTRONS PA77DLRPL install just "plug and play"? Or do you have to wire (crimp) anything in e.g. ground, power like in regular aftermarket stereo head units.

Post #341784 8th Feb 2018 6:47 am
Trekker1972

Quote:
Was the the XTRONS PA77DLRPL install just "plug and play"? Or do you have to wire (crimp) anything in e.g. ground, power like in regular aftermarket stereo head units.

The installation is "plug and play" for standard functions. If you like to add the back camera, you will need to find the wire with +12 V when you select the reverse gear to switch the video image.
You have only to plug the connectors in the right place of the back part of the unit.
If you have never did it, the hardest part is to dismount the dashboard.
I will post you photos as soon as I have some of them. MY11 SD4 S

Post #341928 9th Feb 2018 4:53 pm
ebear

Hello All,

Sorry for the late message. The LR019014 came later then expected. I removed the orignal navi display and connected the LR019014. Now everthing works perfect.
The small speaker which comes with the Xtrons I disconnected. Main reason was that all adio goes also trought this small speaker and gives at an higher volume a lot of noise. Without this speaker everything works perfect.

With solving these small issues I really happy with the Xtrons android.

Thanks to everyone for the support.

Best regards,

Eric

Post #342326 14th Feb 2018 11:23 am
ebear

Hello Paolo,

One question, did you manage to get the steering wheel control working?
I didn't do yet something with it but I'm interested if you did?

Next maybe for someone else, is the original LR2 2010 radio antenna on the roof able to use for DAB+. I bought an DAB+ adapter with an window antenna included. Now I saw FM/AM antenna splitters to DAB+. Instead of using the window DAB antenna I'm interested if I can use an splitter to the original roof antenna.

Regards,

Eric

Post #342329 14th Feb 2018 11:31 am
Trekker1972

Quote:
One question, did you manage to get the steering wheel control working?

Unfornunately it's not possible to manage the steering wheel control in our Free2. I wrote about this problem to techincal assitance and they replied like this. In the brochure they wrote that this feature is supported, but it isn't. MY11 SD4 S

Post #342417 15th Feb 2018 3:28 pm
Drumel

France 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi,

I have since 1 month a Freelander 2 SD4 equiped with high level audio. To improve the GPS I also baught the XTRON PA77DLRPL. After removing the original GPS, I have installed a optical loop in order to close MOST ring. Original radio and 6CD charger are functioning well.
The problem is XTRON device. Sad
- Sound goes only on small speaker delivered with PA77, nothing from car speakers
- No connection on antena, so no radio.
- I could not find a switched power (ACC In). I guess on original equipment starting of devices are controlled through the MOST ring ?
Can anybody help
Thanking you in advance
Kind Regards

Post #342717 19th Feb 2018 5:00 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 16 123 ... 141516>