brom

Romania 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Kosrae Green

Click image to enlarge

Maybe this will help you, although it is another type of radio unit

Post #402203 5th Jan 2021 2:42 pm
yopero

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey

Thanks @john capri and @brom

I will have another go at it. This time with all the info I have gathered from you guys and another sources in the web. I will be reporting back in a few days.

Post #402227 5th Jan 2021 10:53 pm
brom

Romania 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Kosrae Green
Xtrons

Hi,

My installed Xtrons like above. I cannot download applications from google play. technical support does not respond. In application setting I found permissions only for Google related applications. I want to install HERE or WAZE. I cannot set Land Rover logo, after starting again the car. DVR bought with the unit does not work. Documentation sucks. Any ideas ?
Thank you

Post #404599 27th Feb 2021 6:02 pm
tobbetobbe

Sweden 

yopero wrote:
I have just bought a PQ70DLRL and tried to install it on my freelander2 2008.
The car has the simplests radio. It is a l359-cd400 radio and after connecting the looms provided the Xtrons unit does not start at all. not even when the care is fully started.

The radio at back looks like this
Click image to enlarge

The iso connector has this shape
Click image to enlarge

and the xtrons unit has this pinout
Click image to enlarge

As you can see from the last image I have put the voltmeter between pins 15 and 16 in the xtrons looms and I get 14.33 v

Should I have any voltage on the ACC-in(pin 14)?

In order to troubleshoot I was wondering if anyone has the pinout for the connectors at the back of the l359-cd400

thanks.
@john capri did you have any power related issues with your install?

Have the same stereo unit, and can not get the Xtron unit to start, only get a black screen.

@yopero did you get yours to work?

Should Pin 14 have voltage? if so from where?

Really appreciate if someone could help.

Post #405900 29th Mar 2021 10:11 am
bomeo

Romania 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Galway Green

This set up should work. Did you pressed Power buton for more then three seconds ? Did you pressed start/stop buton? Alpine unit must be on, also.

Post #406001 31st Mar 2021 10:09 pm
bomeo

Re: Xtrons

brom wrote:
Hi,

My installed Xtrons like above. I cannot download applications from google play. technical support does not respond. In application setting I found permissions only for Google related applications. I want to install HERE or WAZE. I cannot set Land Rover logo, after starting again the car. DVR bought with the unit does not work. Documentation sucks. Any ideas ?
Thank you

All issues sorted out by myself. no answer form xtrons suport.

Post #406003 31st Mar 2021 10:13 pm
tobbetobbe

Sweden 

bomeo wrote:
This set up should work. Did you pressed Power buton for more then three seconds ? Did you pressed start/stop buton? Alpine unit must be on, also.

Start / stop button, i guess you mean, start the car
    pressed power button for three seconds
    radio is on, it's not an Alpine, it's an l359-cd400 radio.

It does not work

Post #406244 6th Apr 2021 1:56 pm
Simon J

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Rimini Red

I’m giving some thought to pulling the trigger for one of these and there appear to be two models available:

PA70DLRL with 2GB RAM and 16GB Rom
    PQ70DLRL with 4GB RAM AND 64GB ROM

It would seem that the more powerful model has an HDMI output for additional video screens but that would seem to be about it. Since I think most people have got the PA70DLRL working without too much trouble, that would seem to be the better bet.

Thoughts, anyone?

Post #406445 10th Apr 2021 9:16 pm
andyk159

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

II have a PA70 installed ok, but it can be a bit slow to respond sometimes. Iwould go with the higher ram\rom option. will be a bit quicker to use. I would assume connectivity will be same in terms of leads\connectors provided. Andy
Freelander2 HSE (59 Plate, MY10 spec)

Post #406447 10th Apr 2021 9:21 pm
Simon J

Thanks, Andy. I would tend to agree except that recent posts show that just getting the PQ version working is a challenge.

Post #406448 10th Apr 2021 9:23 pm
Simon J

This is a nice product video for the PQ70DLRL

One does wonder why they keep updating the unit for a vehicle that is almost 10 years out of production?

Post #406452 10th Apr 2021 10:39 pm
Emma Scully

United Kingdom 2007 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Alaska White

Hi Simon,

I can't answer why new upgrades appear for a vehicle that has not been in production for several years, other than to say that it's maybe because the demand is still there?

I have been looking to upgrade my own LR2 but as it has the premium fibre optic/MOST system there always seems to be a downside

I have previously fitted touchscreen double din systems, (from China) in a mk 7 Transit and a W169 Mercedes without any problems, in fact they really were just plug and play and I added additional functionality.

It always seemed that I would have to accept some loss of functionality or replace both the premium radio and the satnav as well as the Hi-line amplifier. It's a dilemma Smile but as we love our FreeDeux and she will likely be our last fossil fuel, (petrol/gasoline) vehicle it's probably worth it.

I recently saw this and confess to being far more excited that I should be! Whistle

This does seem to be a really big change, offering a more modern look and still retaining a split screen facility. It also has the more modern Android Auto and equivalent IPhone connectivity

I am very tempted... Thumbs Up we already have a fibre optic connection kit

and wondering if we could combine this with this new system?

I look at the images though and can't work out the final shape, or specifically would I need to change the centre dash speaker cover? The earlier and later are clearly a different shape but the finished item in the earlier model seems to have the later cover??

Although our car is a 2007 3.2 i6 HSE Auto, (LHD), she has low mileage, was exported new to Dubai and we have had a facelift front put on as well the engine being rebuilt so we think a media upgrade is worth it?

Click image to enlarge

Kind regards,

Emma 2009 Jaguar XF 3.0
2011 Jaguar XF 3.0
2007 LR2 i6 3.2 HSE
1980 Moto Guzzi 850 T3 California

Post #406707 17th Apr 2021 1:26 pm
bomeo

The car that was upgraded seems to be 2013 facelift. You must check if that fits with your 2007 . 2007 can be upraded with xtrons as from the pictures I se that you have an Alpine low line radio.

Post #406727 17th Apr 2021 9:12 pm
Simon J

Hi Emma,

Many thanks for taking the trouble to post these pictures. I’m not at all sure how I’d incorporate this sort of setup in my 2008 FL2 and to be honest, it looks like a lot of work. I think I might opt for the relatively straightforward XTRONS installation but perhaps risk the latest version. Not that I need an HDMI output, but the extra RAM and ROM might be worthwhile. While the screen isn’t huge, it’s probably more than sufficient for navigation purposes and that, plus 'Carplay' is really all I need.

We do like our toys, don’t we? Very Happy

Post #406729 17th Apr 2021 9:24 pm
Emma Scully

United Kingdom 2007 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Alaska White

Hi Bomeo and Simon, good to read your thoughts.

Yes the LR2 is a 2007 but I have already upgraded the system from a mid to a hi-line, it already had the fibre optic stuff and I put the extra 3, (centre dash and two C pillars) speakers in and used a hi-end amplifier from a Jaguar on eBay, big thanks again to StuartC

https://www.freel2.com/forum/topic23292.ht...ia+upgrade

I did have some help with the CCF edit but this was a few years ago. Actually I get most of my information from this forum here! You guys are my go to place Smile Bow down

Looking more closely at the, 'Tesla style',systems on offer, there is much confusion, and even trying to get to the companies for answers is misleading...

First off it doesn't make it clear whether or not it is a different model for different versions of the Freelander2 / LR2, but shows each image of what your dash should look like, which includes the variant that I have. But then, closer inspection shows that one has a smaller screen and isn't actually 13.6" because it has a CD/DVD player on the bottom,

I agree that this is fitted to the later? 2013 models because the top/centre speaker cover is flatter. However, I think that they are the same fitting underneath because the dashboard itself is the same and I have one of these later covers at home in the UK, (I'm marooned in France atm). so if there was a difference I could use either.

In others, the screen goes all the way down to the top of the heater controls.

Just to make this even more confusing there is another version which has various wood type finishes and this must also include the top cover:

There is a video of this which clearly shows the earlier pre-facelift model. In any case the ads do state that they are suitable for 2007 -2015...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001308333...web201603_

There are it seems, Android 7, 9 and even 10 There are options for 32 or 64GB ROM and there is a choice with some of Carplay, although most seem to offer this as standard...

They all state that this is just plug and play, send a copy of your dashboard/radio and they will ensure it fits. Some show a fibre optic shunt/loop most dont

I'm more confused than ever... Has anyone any experience of buying or even contacting these companies through Aliexpress?

Emma[/url] 2009 Jaguar XF 3.0
2011 Jaguar XF 3.0
2007 LR2 i6 3.2 HSE
1980 Moto Guzzi 850 T3 California

Post #406771 18th Apr 2021 6:14 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 14 of 16 <123 ... 13 141516>