Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Coronavirus
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 66 of 66 <123 ... 646566
Print this entire topic · 
shiggsy

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

I chanced it, nearest place, where I was booked previously, had the same day, "here we go" I thought. Managed to get one fairly close for Wednesday 2nd June. Thumbs Up 
Hung like Einstein, smart as a horse.

Post #408416 28th May 2021 9:00 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

3landertwo wrote:
" ........ in case of "no shows" as they dont want to waste any jabs."
:

Vaccine does tend to get thrown if not used

Post #408420 28th May 2021 11:23 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

In Australia we are trying hard to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

They call Australia the lucky country & politicians are incapable of using this to their advantage.

A lot of good material for another Yes Minister series or three! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #408422 28th May 2021 11:53 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

I had my second jab just over a week ago. The following day I signed up to the NHS app. It took just over 24 hours to be verified (I sent a photo of my passport and a picture of my face) and when I was approved, the app shows my jab dates and batch numbers (Covid travel passport) as well as any medication I’ve had in the last 10 years and a way of booking a GP appointment and repeat prescriptions. Very neat! Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #408423 29th May 2021 6:46 am
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

I'm registered via my surgery with "SystmOnline" which details all or any medication together with medical history. Just checked and it shows dates and batch number for both covid jabs not that it will help as I have no desire to travel overseas at the present time. MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #408426 29th May 2021 8:34 am
Andy131

United Kingdom 

SWMBO is classed as vulnerable - on chemo so was in the early group to be jabbed, I was concerned that I might be a risk to her as I was still working so I turned up at the local vaccination hub with her late in the day to see if I could fill in for any no-shows. No chance, I offered to come back every day or leave my phone number and I could be there within 15 minutes, still no chance, they were not interested.

Things might be different at local surgeries, but the local sports center wasn't interested Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #408430 29th May 2021 12:50 pm
Sidthecat

Surprised by that as you were given the impression that in Oldham they found an excuse to jab anyone that turned up regardless of age

Post #408431 29th May 2021 3:10 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Surprised also, but maybe you should have talked to your Doctor first, I am not in the vulnerable only having mild asthma but Mrs BB and Mum who lives with us are both very vulnerable both with cancer and other nasty things so,I rang our Doctor and mentioned I was worried not being protected and supporting them both and I got the jab the same time as Mrs BB.....old Mum had her first jab back in November I think it was. Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #408457 31st May 2021 9:38 am
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Begged the Doctors receptionist, she actually (we were surprised) passed our concern to the Doctor who said I was not eligible. Gill was/is group 4 - extremely vulnerable. Now if you are group 6 - at risk, then your unpaid carer is also covered, but not if you are group 4. Over 60s is group 7 - that's me.

I don't make the rules or get the opportunity to interpret them. So had to wait for my group, and yes we did try to say well I should be covered as an unpaid carer , but no their interpretation was ONLY if Gill was group 6 could her carer be vaccinated.

This was wrong, as a carer of a group 4 I should have been lumped in with group 6, but it was a wait of only an extra couple of weeks, and I was too tired to fight any further. Gills quite poorly now (cancer) it takes an awful lot of effort to get through the day, and fighting battles that you can't win Sad I just don't have the energy for anymore. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #408459 31st May 2021 10:22 am
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

It sounds like your putting all your energy into the right place.....hang on in there. Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #408462 31st May 2021 11:19 am
Milothedog

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

Andy131 wrote:
Begged the Doctors receptionist, she actually (we were surprised) passed our concern to the Doctor who said I was not eligible. Gill was/is group 4 - extremely vulnerable. Now if you are group 6 - at risk, then your unpaid carer is also covered, but not if you are group 4. Over 60s is group 7 - that's me.

I don't make the rules or get the opportunity to interpret them. So had to wait for my group, and yes we did try to say well I should be covered as an unpaid carer , but no their interpretation was ONLY if Gill was group 6 could her carer be vaccinated.

This was wrong, as a carer of a group 4 I should have been lumped in with group 6, but it was a wait of only an extra couple of weeks, and I was too tired to fight any further. Gills quite poorly now (cancer) it takes an awful lot of effort to get through the day, and fighting battles that you can't win Sad I just don't have the energy for anymore.

Sorry to hear of the problems you faced, hope it's all sorted now. I am in exactly the same position as you but when my 96 year old mother in law who lives with us and my disabled wife were invited to be vaccinated, the surgery agreed straight away to include me, saying it was a very sensible idea. 2007 TD4 XS The work horse that earns its up keep
2013 SD4 HSE The posh one for towing the caravan
1973 Triumph Stag I bought in 2009 and restored.

Post #408590 3rd Jun 2021 9:09 am
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

I tested positive for what must be the delta variant 2 days ago on my home testing kit. I was told by the app that I needed to book a full PCR test to verify the results and this came back positive too.

I have had both jabs so it would no doubt have been worse without them. Typical winter cold symptoms that's all I've had. LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #410311 18th Jul 2021 12:58 pm
Sidthecat

Does this mean everyone that's used the forum is going to be pinged Rolling with laughter Forum variant

Post #410323 18th Jul 2021 5:30 pm
TooBlue

United Kingdom 

The Doctor wrote:
I tested positive for what must be the delta variant 2 days ago on my home testing kit.

What testing kit was this?

The normal NHS RFT just shows negative or positive.

Post #410338 18th Jul 2021 9:59 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 66 of 66 <123 ... 646566