« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Retrofitted heated seats 2009 freelander 2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Garybell1988

United Kingdom 
Retrofitted heated seats 2009 freelander 2

I have a 2009 freelander 2 and I have retrofitted heated electric seats into the car. All the wiring was already in place (I checked another forum on here to confirm). Fuses are in situ in the boot and I've confirmed that there is power getting to the grey wire under the drivers seat. I've purchased a black box solutions module and reconfigured the CCF to tell the car it now has heated seats. Ive changed the HVAC unit and now the lights come on on the buttons for the electric seats (I know that the lights coming on isn't an indication ths seats are functioning). I've plugged in my OBD reader and can confirm that the car recognises when I press the button for high heat and then low heat and then off. There is two errors showing on the OBD reader for both heated seats. I know the seats are fully functioning as they were working when removed from thr donor car. I've been googling and I think my issue is to do with the canbus or linbus (see how technical I am haha!). I'm not technical and I've fitted the seats just by following forums etc. I know nothing of canbus or linbus other than its to do with the ecu communicating with various modules in the car? I'm no electrician so looking at a wiring diagram is on a par to me reading Chinese - impossibly haha! I literally need a layman's guide as to what I do in terms of the linbus or canbus or whatever it is I need to do! All other functions work on the seats, backwards, up, down and even the memory functions (buttons 1, 2 and 3) all work.

Post #404318 21st Feb 2021 11:46 am
BasketBoy

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver

I believe that the driver & passenger seats have their own fuses specifically for the heating element, if you are retrofitting, are those fuses in place? As I guess they wouldn't have been there if you didn't have heated seats before?

Fuses FB3 & FB4, 15 amp. 2007 TD4 HSE

Post #404333 21st Feb 2021 3:33 pm
BasketBoy

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver

Just re-read your post and you did say the fuses are in place - doh! Rolling Eyes 2007 TD4 HSE

Post #404334 21st Feb 2021 3:36 pm
Garybell1988

United Kingdom 

I got so excited seeing a reply, then I took went 'doh' LOL. I read this post which makes me think its something to do with the canbus/Linbus thing.
https://www.freel2.com/forum/post293376.html I'm no expert though, hence my post! I'm sure someone must have come across a similar issue.

Post #404335 21st Feb 2021 3:44 pm
Nodge68

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Rimini Red

Are you sure the CCFs are configured to activate the seat heaters? I suspect that the CJB and HVAC system will need configuration. 2009 Rimini Red SE TD4. My daily driver.
Gone. 2006 Tonga Green i6 HSE.

Post #404350 21st Feb 2021 8:31 pm
Garybell1988

United Kingdom 

I used the blackbox solutions website to do the CCF edit, prior to doing it, the lights didn't turn on on the HVAC unit for the heated seats. After editing, the lights come on and the obd reader shows the temperature when I hit the button. Within the CCF, I changed two fields, one to say the car had heated seats and then another field for the temperature calibration. I do think the issue is can/lin bus related as the forum I read said that a Freelander without factory fitted seats doesn't have the can/lin bus connection for heated seats and that you'd need to add in a twisted pair (no idea what that means) and tap into the wiring underneath the carpet?

Post #404353 21st Feb 2021 8:48 pm
MotionInc

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

"twisted pair" likely worth a Google......you may have this from the donor seats (a hopeful guess)?
https://www.freel2.com/forum/post363560.html
https://www.freel2.com/forum/post299347.html

I have not tried this because it's already on my model but it's been done on this forum, you can bet on it.

Post #404358 21st Feb 2021 10:20 pm
Garybell1988

United Kingdom 

I've seen both of them forum posts, but, I need them to be in plain, plain English lol. Literally need someone to say, look for this coloured wire, connect this to that etc etc. With photos for each step too!!

Post #404375 22nd Feb 2021 8:41 am
blaster1232

Latvia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Santorini Black

Hello!

After months of browsing through the web in order to find leather seats that I could fit in my 2008 SX freelander, I have found a perfect offer - reasonable price, Left hand drive, black electric leather seats, with armrests, with heating elements. Before I make the purchase, I have two questions.

1) I know there are different wiring looms for different models, and I just want to make sure that electric seats will work. Currently I have cloth seats, with seat heating, manually adjustable. Today I checked the wiring loom under the seats, and it seems that I have all possible connections in the wiring loom. Am I right to assume that with the loom I have, it would be a plug n play kind of deal?

2) Do any of you have experience with removing dents in leather seats? As it is in breaker yards, there has been a lot of stuff put on the seats, and there are a few dents. I have seen videos of using heat gun on youtube, but I just wanted to hear your experiences with this.

Thanks!

Post #427266 26th Nov 2022 10:51 am
Ancliff1995

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Had anyone else had the issue where you manage to get the buttons to light up for heated seats but they aren't heating, I'm assuming a linbus wire is missing as I've got a linbus fault for both seats , any help atall please

Post #437574 6th Dec 2023 12:38 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1