Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > 37 and falling
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 17 of 20 <123 ... 1617 181920>
Print this entire topic · 
3landertwo

what about heat pumps being generated from the earths core (or hell as you may know it)

wouldn't need your Quooker tap.

Laughing

Post #400174 20th Nov 2020 1:52 pm
grumsel

Netherlands 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 Sport Auto Barolo Black

I rent a house with an air heat pump, it also has triple glazing and 24 solar panels on the roof. We have no problem heating the house in the winter. The livingroom is constant 21 deg C (day and night), the bedrooms are also heated but a few degrees cooler. The warm water is 50 deg C. We have no gas connection, no backup system. I pay 5 euro per month for electricity and even that is to much, I get half of it back at the end of the year.

Post #400176 20th Nov 2020 2:32 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Sounds nice, but you would need to be in a modern building with modern insulation levels, rather than a 1920's brick house.
Ours is kept at 24.5C during the day, and 20C during the night - wife needs it warm due to medical condition, so heating is on for most of the year, yes our water is 60C, but I can't imagine the 10C difference matters.
Our heating/electric bill is £230 per month, so £5 a month would be nice, but the cost of knocking down the house and building a well insulated modern house (with strait walls!) I feel would easily eat away at any energy savings.

Getting back to the topic in hand, hydrogen fuel doesn't have the energy density of diesel so you would need a much bigger fuel tank, or liquefy it, but then the insulation level required to keep it liquid is quite high, and it will need to be vented (wasted) periodically as the pressure in the liquid fuel tank rises due to thermal loss.

So as long as you can get the fuel for the FL2 it should raise in value, bearing in mind that 2030 is a while away, and that even the newest FL2 will be 14 years old, and certainly the older cars will be over 20 years old - would you trust a 20 year old car for regular commuting, or long trips abroad towing a heavy caravan? Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #400190 20th Nov 2020 5:19 pm
GundogSD4

England 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

In 2030 the newest and last FL2's made will be 16 years old.

Post #400210 21st Nov 2020 7:54 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

They're still hanging on in the with 7 still available Thumbs Up

Post #401410 20th Dec 2020 10:01 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Down to 1!!! 🙀

This is it chaps, the FL2 is about to disappear in a sea of DS’s Big Cry

Post #402800 16th Jan 2021 3:46 pm
GundogSD4

Thats because people want to buy good late low mileage FL2's and not DS's.

Post #402801 16th Jan 2021 4:09 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Although, to be fair, that’s been the case for the last 5 years - but now the supply is finally drying up 🙁

Post #402803 16th Jan 2021 4:25 pm
GundogSD4

I'm going to keep mine until they finally ban all petrol and diesel cars from the road or somebody offers me £25k for it, we can only hope Thumbs Up

Post #402805 16th Jan 2021 5:06 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

History repeating itself. Fairly sure that LR continued to manufacture RR classics for months (12?) after the launch of the P38. Probably because a lot of people don't trust new technology.
Thinking about it, I bought a "new" old style FL1 after the launch of the BMW engined version (mistake), I bought a nearly new FL1 after the launch of the FL2.

The FL2 is now tried and trusted, an awful lot of independent LR garages are very familiar with the common wear issues and parts are relatively cheap, so why wouldn't you buy a good used FL2 - because supply is drying up.

Those of us who normally do high mileages have to replace the cars, even if we really do like them. So it's a DS or some foreign rubbish.

Come to the Dark Side - it's a nice place to be, the car when it's running is a real pleasure, and now the software is sorted it does seem to be settling down. It'll take a few years for the independents to become familiar, and for people like Bell Engineering to start offering reconditioned parts at sensible prices - then again haven't heard of a DS with rear diff issues. Mines not even got a Haldex! and is still 4x4 Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her

Post #402806 16th Jan 2021 5:19 pm
GundogSD4

For me it's not about the software issues or any other teething problems the DS might have suffered but the way it looks just does not appeal to me, the rounded off look to the entire LR range is lost on me with the exception of the new Defender Thumbs Up
The FL2 just looks right in me eyes... Just my opinion Whistle

Post #402807 16th Jan 2021 5:35 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Couldn't agree more about the looks. The FL2 looks purposeful the DS looks stylish, which unfortunately means form over function, rather than the FL2, D4, old Defender where function dictates the looks.

When it comes to the new Defender it does look nice, and I am slowly coming around to the way the D5 looks, but if you are going to drive either one then why not buy a BMW, Merc or anything else made in Europe? or American? Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her

Post #402810 16th Jan 2021 7:40 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

The stock of used FL2’s has just risen by 100%

We are back at two!

Post #404735 2nd Mar 2021 7:59 pm
Labradorslave

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Is the driving position a lot lower in the Discovery Sport? Top end FL2 are the same price as the same year Discovery Sports at some independents.

Post #404779 3rd Mar 2021 8:31 pm
Dave D

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

GundogSD4 wrote:
I'm going to keep mine until they finally ban all petrol and diesel cars from the road or somebody offers me £25k for it, we can only hope Thumbs Up

I sold my 2011 SD4 nearly two years ago because I needed a van and couldn't justify running two vehicles as Mrs D has a Volvo XC60. I regret selling it.
I honestly think that in time any well looked after Freelander 2's will be worth good money, particularly an SD4. I think they'll be a modern classic and collectable. I see values rising in the near future. Let's face it, most of the depreciation has already happened so if you've got a good one I'd hang on to it.
They're one of the very best cars ever made by Landrover, a very under rated car which suffered from the association with the Freelander 1, a very different car. The later FL2's are still very good looking and practical cars.
Nothing made by LR now appeals to me.

Post #405931 30th Mar 2021 7:33 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 17 of 20 <123 ... 1617 181920>