« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > 2007 2.2 - Cranking over but not firing up
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
Steve D

United Kingdom 

mdis89 wrote:

Its been a couple of days since the injectors were cleaned, and geenrally driving around. Completely fine.

However, that very first start/fire up of the day... It seems to hesitate, or again turns over a little more each day then fires. Quite a lot of blueish coloured exhaust comes out, but it does fire up.?

Re: all injectors blocking up. I always understood that when that happened, it was a sign of the high pressure fuel pump breaking up. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #383239 26th Dec 2019 10:15 am
mdis89

United Kingdom 

Luke G wrote:
I can report back with a bit of good news! My mechanic recommended I persevere with attempting to bleed the system as he said they can problematic to get all the air out after they have been sitting around unpressurised for a while. So I went and bought an air driven brake bleed kit as I wasn’t convinced that the hand bulb and hose I had been using to draw the fuel up from the tank was working all that well. After attaching the brake bleed kit and drawing a good quantity of fuel through the fuel filter I then also sucked the fuel through on the return line from the filter housing until I could see that most of the transparent lines were full of fuel. I then hit the starter and she started!! I can’t be happier!!

Ah so glad you managed to sort it, without really too much trial/error and hopefully cost Smile

Post #383420 30th Dec 2019 5:42 am
Luke G

2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Narvik Black

I am certainly relieved to have it going but I’m really thankful for all the advice I was able to glean from this forum. I have never had the problems bleeding the system that I ended up having when I’ve replaced fuel filters in the past. I have also never had a fuseable link go either but it actually saved the motor from further damage by not allowing me to attempt to crank the motor over before I knew there was a stray nut sitting in one of the cylinders. I now just have to get the car re-registered and it’s officially back on the road.

Post #383463 30th Dec 2019 8:33 pm
MotionInc

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

^^^^^Congrats!!! Well done!

Post #383470 30th Dec 2019 10:33 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345