Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Vibration at 50-60mph at 1800rpm
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 12 of 12 <123 ... 101112
Print this entire topic · 
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

And that is why we NEVER used the term Nearside/Offside in the industry, always left and right viewed from the driver’s seat, made no difference which market the variant was for. Wink Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #371043 29th Apr 2019 4:07 pm
carlsson

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Pal wrote:
Hi Carlsson,

Can you pls explain the term "near side" for me, I am not a native... Smile
What symptom did the the bearing have that made you to go for a change?

Thanks!

Pal

Hi replaced the bearing as it was noisy especially when turning right, loading the bearing.
Now realise that the bearing had been noisy for a while as the car is super smooth and quiet to drive now 2007 hse auto

Post #371052 29th Apr 2019 5:59 pm
IanTeign

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Fixed. As the warranty had expired on our FL2 have started the usual jobs. Put 4 new tyres on this week. Vibration completely gone. ____________________________

FL2 SD4 XS - Current
FL2 TD4 GS (Auto) - Gone
FL1 TD4 Freestyle (Auto) - Gone

Post #373635 16th Jun 2019 11:11 am
Cobramark

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

I have one odd tyre new but not the landrover scorpion verde, hums badly in dry weather, non existent in the wet, tyre are a key point to investigate. Very Happy

Post #373655 16th Jun 2019 6:47 pm
markyzs180

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Auto Stornoway Grey

IanTeign wrote:
Fixed. As the warranty had expired on our FL2 have started the usual jobs. Put 4 new tyres on this week. Vibration completely gone.

Nice one Ian Thumbs Up

Having changed the driveshaft mine slowly returned and to be honest I've just put up with it... however, after a 3 week spell of many miles and not washing it the wobble was getting worse Evil or Very Mad when I did finally get the jetwash out I noticed the amount of brake dust coming from the nearside so gave it a proper 5 minute blast at all angles around the caliper, front and rear then carried on washing the car thinking nothing of it. Got in it the next morning to drive to work... no wobble!! Wobble returned slowly during the week and when it finally stopped raining long enough for me to have a quick look I found some uneven wear on the disc and the pads not looking great so currently got a new set of discs and pads in the boot waitng (again!) for it to stop raining so I can get the fitted with everything crossed!!!

Post #373658 16th Jun 2019 7:18 pm
Tigertim

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

That could well be the pads catching at a certain point on the disc so would defo give you a wobble .., like you after replacing a ton of parts I’ve decided to live with my vibrations as I can’t find the culprit . It’s taking us on a 600 mile holiday soon so no doubt whatever it is will probably show it’s self when we are 300 miles from home lol...

Post #373689 17th Jun 2019 3:02 pm
sid

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

a sticky calliper will cause a wheel wobble,pads and discs hot ,highlights disc run out.and as there is a lot of dust I suspect that's the case.

Post #373703 17th Jun 2019 9:28 pm
markyzs180

Tigertim wrote:
That could well be the pads catching at a certain point on the disc so would defo give you a wobble .., like you after replacing a ton of parts I’ve decided to live with my vibrations as I can’t find the culprit . It’s taking us on a 600 mile holiday soon so no doubt whatever it is will probably show it’s self when we are 300 miles from home lol...

Hope so Tim, I'll keep you posted! Enjoy your hols... I'm sure it'll be fine Thumbs Up

Post #373705 17th Jun 2019 10:20 pm
markyzs180

Well... after a marathon 5 hours (LH disc inner face rusted so wouldn't come over the hub!) surprised to find genuine pads and only half worn. LH disc was lipped and scored and both guide pins were badly gummed at the end. All cleaned up and greased.. new coated discs and pads fitted (RH side took 20 minutes as the disc fell off) all back together so off for test drive... wobble still there!!! Laughing only faint but as Tim says... you know its there Evil or Very Mad brakes deffo needed changing so for the sake of 60 quid and 5 hours (!) was well worth it.
My conclusion, based on all the parts both myself and Tigertim have now changed is that it is the bearing in the gearbox where the LH (nearside) driveshaft goes into the gearbox. I've still got vertical movement there so am almost certain this is the cause. With everything changed its almost unnoticeable so I'm going to park this issue now and put it down to part of the personality of my car Wink

Post #373933 22nd Jun 2019 7:10 pm
sunnybryn69

copy and paste this http://www.lrman.ru/freelander/2/power/fue...uator_stem

give this a try turbo actuator sticking . vibration / slight hesitation .wd 40 actuator arm first to free then grease with something like this high temp grease K2 Ceramic Grease High Temperature 1400°c mine seems far better Thumbs Up

Post #374537 3rd Jul 2019 10:43 pm
MotionInc

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

Well, I read through every post in this thread and it's not conclusive unless I missed a bunch. I have the i6 auto, is this shudder/judder only with the 4 cylinders?

Post #378843 25th Sep 2019 7:57 pm
MotionInc

I'll try again, is this issue also applicable to the i6 autos?

I read the entire thread and maybe I missed the answer.

Post #379585 9th Oct 2019 6:23 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Motion.....I think this issue is only on the diesel vehicles, relax we have the bullet proof one Laughing Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #379589 9th Oct 2019 7:35 pm
MotionInc

@Boxbrownie, thanks! I might have forgotten my hypochondriac meds today........... Razz

Post #379591 9th Oct 2019 7:49 pm
Sarahbrad87

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Bali Blue
Vibrations 🙄🙄🙄

Hi, I’m new here and looking to see if anyone can help. I have a FL2 2010 Xs . I recently had it in at landrover having a belt change and water pump change and some side steps added. Since I got the car back it has started vibrating around 50-70mph on the motorway. Doesn’t matter if I’m accelerating or not. It’s became extremely annoying and there’s a vibrating noise at the same time. I took it back to the garage and they looked at it, they said the bearings/prop shaft seemed to be fine. I replaced the tyres and had them balanced too. Problem still there. I took it to another garage and they also said the prop shaft is fine but they suggested that it might be to do with the sidesteps that had been fitted . Garage is extremely busy just now so he wasn’t able to take the side steps off to have a look. My question is... has anyone had a problem with side steps being fitted and are they easy to take off myself so that I can see if the noise goes away without the sidesteps! Can anyone think of anything else that might cause the vibrations as I’m going demented with it now. My next option is just to replace the prop shaft and hope it helps but at £900+vat, I’m reluctant incase it’s something else . Thanks

Post #393122 25th Jun 2020 12:06 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 12 of 12 <123 ... 101112