Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Discovery Sport...revealed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 16 of 22 <123 ... 151617 ... 202122>
Print this entire topic · 
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Personally, there is nothing I don't like about it. I agree the start price is a little high, but the lowest model at present is the SE.

All Disco Sports are 7 seat.

There are apparently some lower spec models coming out, like the equivalent to the GS.

But it is interesting that Land a Rover refuse to confirm that the Freelander name is dead. I have heard rumours that a slightly smaller, shorter 5 seat version of the Discovery Sport may be launched as the Discovery Freelander!!!!

This should be a model that starts from the low 」20k mark and fill the gap up to the DS! Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #233721 3rd Sep 2014 7:19 pm
Natwest

United Kingdom 

Muckboots, 」23100 for a Defender Whistle

Post #233722 3rd Sep 2014 7:26 pm
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

DS won't fit in my garage - it's too long

Post #233723 3rd Sep 2014 7:54 pm
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

Mav71 wrote:
There are apparently some lower spec models coming out, like the equivalent to the GS.
This should be a model that starts from the low 」20k mark and fill the gap up to the DS!

I heard something not dissimilar this afternoon as well Matt. Here's hoping... Thumbs Up

Ps:2017 is a long wait! Foraging near Gaydon....
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #233724 3rd Sep 2014 8:06 pm
athelstan

Looked at the Discovery Sport website this afternoon.
If her Ladyship looks at that website and comes with a request that she wants one then I'll have to tell her she'll have to buy it with her own money. On screen or in brochure format I don't like it.

Firstly it looks odd from certain 3/4 angles - difficult to nail it down as to why but on each and every photo of the DS taken at that angle from the front something jars and stops the eye.
Secondly I would be unable to chose any of the current interior colour coordinates - not being a fan of black anyway the rest of the leather combinations and alu trim finish choices are just horrid.
Thirdly there's those carry over engines from the Freelander. Buy a new model car want a new model engine.
It's only saving grace for me is that it does come with a manual gearbox, and long may that be the case.

So it's time to await its arrival in the flesh and drive it. Then maybe I'll change my mind. But I doubt it.

Post #233725 3rd Sep 2014 8:08 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I could have sworn I saw that tan brown colour you have on your current fl2 when I looked earlier, but your right horrid, unless black or cream Smile Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #233727 3rd Sep 2014 8:30 pm
PJH

Canada 

My Spousal Unit and I both like the looks of it. She likes it much more than the LR2 which we were preparing to buy. I was not expecting to like it after seeing the shape in the spy pics.
I has a certain understated elegance to it. Not a lot of angles and lines like the new Ford Edge for example which I find hideous.
No Meridian audio system is available in North America Crying or Very sad ... Not liking it so much anymore. Most upscale vehicles have an optional high end audio system. Why not the DS?!!
This may not be important to the majority of buyers but it is for me.

Post #233731 3rd Sep 2014 8:44 pm
leesbay

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

It's gorgeous full stop Bow down
Want one want one want one

Can't have one Big Cry

. - FL2 3.2 i6 - There is no Replacement for Displacement

If my wife ever sells my stuff for what I told her I paid for it, there will be some bargains out there!

Post #233745 3rd Sep 2014 10:28 pm
noodle42

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Bali Blue

I like the new Disco Sport very much too. However, the talk of a potentially cheaper Disco Freelander interests me a great deal, especially as the +2 3rd row seating is not much use to me...

Post #233746 3rd Sep 2014 11:02 pm
MartinP

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Interesting that the cheapest DS is more than the cheapest Evoque. Seems odd given that the Evoque sits in the more 'premium' product line. I guess this means there will be lower spec DS models to come in the future, a fwd version, TD4 engine and models without the +2 seats? Am assuming JLR know the DS is going to sell like hot cakes, so are only offering higher spec models at launch.

Have only had my FL2 for 8 months, but when its time to change I will certainly be interested in a Discovery Sport.

Post #233751 4th Sep 2014 5:36 am
mountainboy

South Africa 

Geez, these rumours will drive me batty, cause I like what I hear

Disco FL, 5 seater would be awesome and will complete the Discovery family. It also extends the softroader family, something I did not think LR would do but that is clearly where the market is, so the bean counters got their way.
Who would have thought the Discovery family could possibly be mostly softroader based?

But there is no denying - the DS is one beautiful machine and depending on how my travels progress over the next few years, will determine if my next vehicle (def from the Discovery family) will have low range or not

Post #233753 4th Sep 2014 6:38 am
Truffs

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

Both me and the mrs love it, much better than I was expecting. The price is higher than I was expecting, on the flip side the kit is fairly generous

Post #233756 4th Sep 2014 7:00 am
athelstan

npinks wrote:
I could have sworn I saw that tan brown colour you have on your current fl2 when I looked earlier, but your right horrid, unless black or cream Smile

If you are referring to her Ladyship's FL2 the factory "Windsor Tan" leather is very much darker than the "Terracotta" K has in hers. Putting both side by side (as has been done) the effect on the interior ambience is startling. The Windsor Tan gives the vehicle a richer purposeful executive feeling, whereas the Terracotta conveys a less serious more joyful holiday spirit. And that's where the problem is on the DS as I feel all the interior leather combinations loose that fun factor.

As you said on a different topic thread - it's just my ramblings.

Post #233757 4th Sep 2014 7:05 am
Big Dave

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I'm back everybody!! Although I'm sure I haven't actually been missed Laughing

And I'm going to start by moaning...

I think the DS looks s Censored t. Nothing Discovery about it, diluted everything about the brand and will be a fad that has to be updated every couple of years, not a timeless classic like the D3.

Soooo... when we need a new one, we'll be going straight past LR which is now full of Joey Essex and Jordan imitators, and into the dealer a bit further away beginning with V, and ending in 'olvo Very Happy

How is everyone anyway!? I'm going to trawl through all the other topics that I've missed out on over that last year! Thumbs Up Mine: 2012 Golf GTI Edition 35
Family's: 2009 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Auto, Stornoway

Yorkshire - God's County

Post #233760 4th Sep 2014 8:32 am
athelstan

Big Dave have you seen the new XC90 Question
Interesting briefing on BBC Autos website re it and Volvo's new vehicle platform architecture.

Post #233762 4th Sep 2014 8:41 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 16 of 22 <123 ... 151617 ... 202122>