Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > MPG when New
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

yes but if you get out of it and look back you will see thats its grey Wink At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #17720 11th Apr 2008 7:36 pm
lem_jpm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

Don't worry, my air con will be back on when the weather warms up, but right now it ain't worth it!

Post #17726 11th Apr 2008 8:50 pm
ChrisC

United Kingdom 

My Auto is still being very good on juice, the last tank, mixed driving was 34.5mpg. The trip was reset at South Mimms Services where the Friday night trip home (50 miles) on the M25 in traffic saw 42.5mpg. She has now covered 1200 miles. I can't be more happy with that Thumbs Up and the air con was on.

Chris...

Post #17729 11th Apr 2008 8:59 pm
edh

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black

ChrisC wrote:
My Auto is still being very good on juice, the last tank, mixed driving was 34.5mpg. The trip was reset at South Mimms Services where the Friday night trip home (50 miles) on the M25 in traffic saw 42.5mpg. She has now covered 1200 miles. I can't be more happy with that Thumbs Up and the air con was on.

Chris...

What a dream. My manual TD4 has now done 1500 miles and averages 30 mpg with a mixture of roads, from town to M Way. Gotta say I thought it might improve as the engine ran in but it doesn't seem to have shifted. All calcs done manually rather than relying on the computer as well so all accurate. 08 Santorini Black HSE manual with DAB and privacy glass

Post #17860 13th Apr 2008 7:42 pm
MLEE

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I seem to be averaging around 30-31mpg at the minute. (2.2 HSE TD4 manual)
Not bad going considering none of this is motorway mileage.
Plus I've only clocked up 750 miles - so its still wearing in.

Post #17875 13th Apr 2008 9:30 pm
Northern Monkey

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Just done a 700 mile round trip to sunny Yorkshire ( took my total milage to 1000miles) and returned an average of 34.3 mpg. The 250 miles there and back were at a cruising speed of between E Censored y and N Censored y and the rest was driving around town visiting family. Very impressed, as were the family with the car Thumbs Up

NM Baltic blue XS - Alpaca Leather - 18" HSE wheels.

Post #17903 14th Apr 2008 12:29 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Sunny Yorkshire? you must have fitted a back to the future time machine on your fl2 and gone back to summer 2006 Cool At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #17904 14th Apr 2008 12:33 pm
Northern Monkey

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

I visited the best part of Yorkshire where it's always sunny ...Rotherham!

Not the Foggy damp industrialised North and West bits of God's county! Thumbs Up Baltic blue XS - Alpaca Leather - 18" HSE wheels.

Post #17906 14th Apr 2008 12:41 pm
markconnor33

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Mad dog

My experiences are similar to yours.

Had FL2 just over a year (2.2TD4 GS) and have returned average of 27-28mpg on every tank over 8500 miles.

My main driving is around town though and 28mpg is what shows on my trip computer. Longer motorway runs (at Legal speeds) bring maybe 32-33, but not much more.

My personal view is that LR have produced very "optimistic" published mpg figures as I have been able to better manufacturers figures regularly on all previous cars.

On the plus side, its a great car, and I do love "making progress" with it. Stability at speed etc is fantastic.

Regards
Mark Freelander 2
TD4 GS
Shiney fantastic Baltic Blue
Detachable Witter Towbar

Post #17911 14th Apr 2008 1:19 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Done a 150 mile round trip today and achieved my best mpg so far = 36.5mpg! Thumbs Up

Road town getting between 28 and 30 mpg - still impressive for an auto!! Thumbs Up Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #19058 1st May 2008 12:08 am
xxtrail

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

As she'd now clocked up 1100 miles and had averaged 31.3 over that distance, I decided to reset the trip computer to see what she is really doing now she's bedded in. Just averaged 35.1 over a 50 mile round trip on mixed roads, with some slow traffic (with aircon on auto). Thumbs Up Wonder if she'll make 40.

She's already beating my old manual FL1 with the 2.0 'L' series diesel, and my old X-trail with it's 2.2 manual.

I'd suggest that those who are showing poor mpg reset their computers, if they havn't done so already, to get a truer picture of what their cars are actually doing once bedded in. Was GS TD4 Auto, Privacy, Santorini with Tundra & Alpaca, Cold Climate Pack. Traded for Discovery Sport HSE Auto.

Post #19090 1st May 2008 3:57 pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Well having owned the FL2 for little over 5 days now, all I can say is WOW!! Shocked

Took it on various runs over the weekend, excluding Sunday as that was Gaydon LR day and I took the Sport Very Happy , what an average mpg.....managed 39.6 on the longer runs and I was not driving slowly if you catch my drift, at one point I hit 44.2, but that was on a long stretch of a 50mph limit road, cruising in 6th.

All in all, very very impressed. That engine is something else - Torque city and TBH, I like the fact that it still feels like i'm in the Sport, to some degree....albeit without the shove and naturally without the prime driving position.....oh and the fact that people don't move when you come up behind them......aside from that, lovely!!

Great car. Thumbs Up RRS S/C HST - named Plantagenet Palliser

**New addition** Freeloader 2 SE with all the toys

Preferred Dealer: Lancaster Reading

Disco3 - Gone
Defender 90 TD - Gone
FFRR Vogue - Gone
BMW X5 4.4 - Gone
LR Defender Tdi - Gone

Post #19451 6th May 2008 5:41 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

will_wonka wrote:
Well having owned the FL2 for little over 5 days now, all I can say is WOW!! Shocked

Took it on various runs over the weekend, excluding Sunday as that was Gaydon LR day and I took the Sport Very Happy , what an average mpg.....managed 39.6 on the longer runs and I was not driving slowly if you catch my drift, at one point I hit 44.2, but that was on a long stretch of a 50mph limit road, cruising in 6th.

All in all, very very impressed. That engine is something else - Torque city and TBH, I like the fact that it still feels like i'm in the Sport, to some degree....albeit without the shove and naturally without the prime driving position.....oh and the fact that people don't move when you come up behind them......aside from that, lovely!!

Great car. Thumbs Up

No reservation on buying one then WW Thumbs Up

I know what you mean about the FL2 v RRS driving position, the RRS is that little bit higher and larger and you do have a present on the road that says get the Censored out of my way (speaking on past experience in a RRS courtesy car)

39.6mpg is very good especially for not driving slowly speeds Shocked i get 28-31mpg for 85-100mph Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #19453 6th May 2008 6:31 pm
Dave Wilkin

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

A little update on my MPG, I had my first service last week (15k) and can happily say that my average mpg is now 40.2. I did switch the aircon on this thursday and the mpg dropped to 39.5 Kool !

Mpg does get better after about 7K as I struggled to get past the magic 33.3mpg barrier. My style of driving has changed considerably since buying the LR2 in that I try and read the road to reduce the number of gear changes, especially the low gears from too many stop-starts.

Dave GS TD4 All Black

Post #19815 10th May 2008 11:06 am
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

I did a 600 Km round trip - no motorway just normal roads, villages and towns 20 Km in very heavy fog and 15 Km in trafic jam caused by an accident ue to the fog and managed 6,8 l/100 Km whish is sort of close with what LR is claiming. Then I dd 800 Km mixed 2/3 driving fast and 1/3 very slow and law abidding with half of them with very strong head wind and car loaded and got 8 l. Purely in town I cannot manage to get under 11.5 l/100 Km but as I work very close to my home and the engine is not even warming up until I get to work I am not too worried.
Allarround I am pleased Thumbs Up FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #19822 10th May 2008 1:54 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 5 <12345>