Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > MG 6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Thanks for making a start there athelstan, but there isn't enough time left this evening to take on every one of the factual errors in richardk's original reply!

Maybe after work tomorrow Wink

Post #129854 29th Jan 2012 9:01 pm
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

as for Renaults stability may be good at the moment but i have herd that its them that's going to re introduce the DACIA DUSTER back to the uk what a fantastic car that was, Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter of course it will probably carry the Renault badge as well Laughing Laughing mind you Renault have never made a good 4x4, rainy-city
xs

Post #129856 29th Jan 2012 9:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

richardk wrote:
Comparing MG to Land Rover is not really a true comparison as TATA bought a fully functioning and sound business whereas MG Rover had gone bust, suppliers gone bust, production of vehicles nigh on impossible without major redesigns and not owning one of the key brand names.

MG employs over 500 people in the West Midlands which isn't bad for a start up company with enough cash behind it to keep employing them whilst the model range is expanded.

MG have just announced they are entereing the BTCC.

MG sales have been slow, there's no getting away from that but with really only one model in the range with one engine/transmission option.

Those 400 are still working on new designs - the diesel MG6 comes out later this year, the MG3 & 5 follow soon after then the MG5 SUV the a new sports car...and some surprises too like hybrids popping up too.

MG is no longer British owned, neither is Land Rover, MG is not at its lowest point as that was in 2005 but it's on the way up. MG have retained the functional bulk of the Longbridge factory for a very good reason... to build cars...the current MG6 is a CKD but that will change when the new models arrive and more manufacturing will happen at Longbridge. The paintshop is still being kept live.

Having driven an MG6 it is a great car..much like the ZT/ZTT was..I'd have one if they did an engine/transmission that matches my needs.

MG is one of the manufacturers that will be on the up while the likes of Renault continue to fall into the oblivion.

MG in 5 years time will be one of the major car builders in the UK - and like much else here it will be foreign owned. There will always be those anti to MG as there were when it was MGR - well you pays your money and ye makes ye choice - buy a car you like. It is quite the British thing to slag of our manufacturing even though all the foreign companies see them as worth investing in.

I agree 100%. Have a look at this Chinese MG Dealer video. If the UK variants start to look like some of these I WILL return to new MG ownership & i think they will given that the Chinese market is far more conservative than the British as we like more sporty orientated cars.

&feature=share (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #129995 30th Jan 2012 8:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234