« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > New Discovery
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 23 123 ... 212223>
Print this entire topic · 
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White
New Discovery

Today one of my siblings has their VIP invite to see the new Discovery (deposit has been placed) I will update this thread later with pictures. If anyone has any questions / anything they would like me to check/ask whilst their then please let me know. MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #311248 17th Nov 2016 10:10 am
Purplemadboy

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Firenze Red

I went to see it a week ago , not overly impressed, analog dials , cheap plastic in the middle between the 2 front seats . The one I was in had black roof lining , it made the middle row claustrophobic as there isn't a sunroof above your head . Most people at the show said it was way too gimmicky & expensive .. the one on show was HSE LUX in gray. Seemingly there are only 5 cars in the uk. Do it now ! Your a long time dead !!

Post #311258 17th Nov 2016 10:49 am
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

The ones you are seeing at the moment are pre-production vehicles.

Post #311263 17th Nov 2016 11:06 am
Mikey

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

Poor show to tempt people to part with £45k+

You think they would make the effort at these events Rolling Eyes

Post #311290 17th Nov 2016 1:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Steve D

United Kingdom 

I agree with that. You see a lot of 'pre production' bikes at the bike shows I go to. All falling to pieces. Either get it right to demonstrate to your potential customers or don't bother! "It's a pre-production' model, sir" is just not good enough. Unless they want to take my home-made pre-production cash as payment! Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #311293 17th Nov 2016 2:08 pm
Purplemadboy

rchrdleigh wrote:
The ones you are seeing at the moment are pre-production vehicles.

I don't get your point , the plastic used in the demo are going to be used in production, they can't move the sunroof , so the car I sat in was 99.9% the production car .. btw it was £67 .. I would have said it was a good car at £55 . Do it now ! Your a long time dead !!

Post #311325 17th Nov 2016 8:06 pm
Purplemadboy

Steve D wrote:
I agree with that. You see a lot of 'pre production' bikes at the bike shows I go to. All falling to pieces. Either get it right to demonstrate to your potential customers or don't bother! "It's a pre-production' model, sir" is just not good enough. Unless they want to take my home-made pre-production cash as payment!

Exactly, I was at a caravan show a few years ago , a new company was on show with slide out panels ,it was round about £35k . When I pointed out all the flaws/faults to the salesman, he gave it a preproduction model .. he did see my point when I said that they have had months to get this van right and they still couldn't do it , I take it the production model would be worse .. no no sir it would be perfect he said .. company went out of business Do it now ! Your a long time dead !!

Post #311326 17th Nov 2016 8:10 pm
j77

Scotland 

I viewed it last night, overall I like it and happy yo continue with my order, a few gripes with it the 2nd row seating feels very low, 3rd row not that easy to get into, power fold seating just a gimmick. The one I saw had black headlining, made it feel very claustrophobic. Most areas of the interior felt sold, the glovebox felt a bit cheap but not a big deal really, storage all over the place, USBs in every hole and corner.

The car doing the rounds up here is HSE Lux in silicon silver (premium metallic), I've went for SE TD6 in Namib Orange and the Orange car is in Exeter Evil or Very Mad

Test drive in January and all being well I should get it in March. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #311351 17th Nov 2016 11:22 pm
pab

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Lago Grey

First look video from the TFL guys here https://youtu.be/YT153vMSOok

Post #311356 18th Nov 2016 12:19 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

More D3s & D4s than you can poke a stick at around here. I still prefer the front of the D3. Everything is going a bit soft looking. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #311357 18th Nov 2016 2:53 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

pab wrote:
First look video from the TFL guys here https://youtu.be/YT153vMSOok

That's a very useful video and I've seen a lot there for the first time.

Looking at the video, it may be pretty ordinary after the current Disco, with a very small and dingy boot / claustrophobic third row, a painfully low tailgate and the electric folding seats might be glacial in the operation (even slower when it's raining and people want to get in!) but, on the positive side, the storage area under the front cup holder really is very good!

The point at which the tailgate stopped going up in the video - got to love those dagger corners!

Click image to enlarge

Those used to being given a basic Disco Sport as a service loan car will find few surprises inside, but the gun cubby behind the heater controls should go down well in the US and those metallic strips down either side of the centre console really help to lift the interior gloom a little Very Happy

The satnav screen is very nice too Thumbs Up

Post #311361 18th Nov 2016 6:25 am
pab

The above pretty much sums up my thoughts too.

Roman is tall (over 6'), but that tailgate does look lethal for anyone over 5'8"-ish.

UK pricing also looks steep. Forget £43K as an entry level - the spec of that version is pitiful, and LR should be ashamed of offering such a poor spec on a 43K car! As far as I'm concerned entry level is £53K plus for the Ingenium engine, and £55K plus for the V6 - and even those prices are for what I'd consider minimum acceptable spec!

Overall, though, no surprises and it's what we were expecting.

Post #311367 18th Nov 2016 9:44 am
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Well it was so busy with little scroats running around the Censored this was for customers buying a car not little Censored running riot. Everytime I got 2 minutes to sit in the car some Censored would start to fold the rear seats causing the drivers seat to move forward.

I asked the marketing department why the spilt tailgate was taken away. His honest response was that the one piece tailgate is cheap to manufacturer as it's from one press. However he also stated that customers complainted that it was to much of a haul putting their brief case in the boot Rolling Eyes Also when leaning in the car if you leaned against the lower tailgate it would leave an outline mark on your clothes. So if it's true moaning D4 drivers well done on your end!

As stated didn't get anytime to myself to appreciate the interior! Kids were meant to be at school so they had no business being in the showroom! Rant over!

Oh one thing to add the doors open so wide so if I was you I would never park next to one! I'm glad the off-road capability is better than the D4 otherwise it would have been a let down. My sibling has placed an order on a for a HSE with black pack all murdered out.

[URL=]

Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #311371 18th Nov 2016 10:18 am
Purplemadboy

pab wrote:
The above pretty much sums up my thoughts too.

Roman is tall (over 6'), but that tailgate does look lethal for anyone over 5'8"-ish.

UK pricing also looks steep. Forget £43K as an entry level - the spec of that version is pitiful, and LR should be ashamed of offering such a poor spec on a 43K car! As far as I'm concerned entry level is £53K plus for the Ingenium engine, and £55K plus for the V6 - and even those prices are for what I'd consider minimum acceptable spec!

Overall, though, no surprises and it's what we were expecting.

I'm 6'2" and I stood under the tailgate ok. You can programme the tailgate to open to a lower height , maybe someone did it accidentally. Do it now ! Your a long time dead !!

Post #311374 18th Nov 2016 10:40 am
pab

LR NUT wrote:
I asked the marketing department why the spilt tailgate was taken away. His honest response was that the one piece tailgate is cheap to manufacturer as it's from one press.

Doubtless that's true, but I suspect it's also partly because a one-piece is a lot easier to electrify and whilst I don't like electric doors/tailgates/seat tilts they seem to be becoming required gimmicks.

Quote:
My sibling has placed an order on a for a HSE with black pack all murdered out.

The price of that must be well into RRS territory, and much though I hate to say it I'd prefer the RRS over the new Discovery!

From your photos the back end is even uglier than the DS.

Post #311376 18th Nov 2016 11:03 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 23 123 ... 212223>