User Registered Confirmed
avtur22nd Jul 2007 8:23 pm
carlfraz11th Sep 2007 12:23 pmcarlfraz is confirmed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
SN

England 

Sorry about no FL2's - we didn't have any in our group - we didn't have to worry about someone getting stuck (ducks and runs for cover) Steve N | 21MY Defender (on order) | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)

Post #7790 2nd Oct 2007 7:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Chesters

Hi everyone I have just joined the site
I am a member of disco3.co.uk and met some of you at Tong last Sunday.
Just to let you know I have some video footage of a couple of FL2's at Tong but I am not sure who is who. One of my clips is a FL2 tight between two trees and TFC is spotting you through, and the other one is of 2 FL2's coming down the hill towards the big lake. If anyone wants a copy I can send it to them.

Cheers Paul.

Post #7912 4th Oct 2007 5:45 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi Chester, I think there was only four of us there, one of us was with the Disco's doing tuition and RPJ, avtur and I were in our own little group, RPJ as you know had the silver FL2 that had a little too much to drink, avtur and i both had stornaways, but mine had the roof bars and side pipes....any idea who was on video??? my co-pilot was recording most of our circuit.

Post #7920 4th Oct 2007 8:31 pm
Chesters

It's a 31 second clip and it looks like two Stronaways coming down the hill the second on has rails and tubes on. If you PM me I could send you the clip.

Post #7991 5th Oct 2007 5:23 pm
SN

England 

carlfraz wrote:
RPJ as you know had the silver FL2 that had a little too much to drink
Apparently RPJ's FL2 was just 2 days old at dunking point - that must be some record Rolling with laughter Steve N | 21MY Defender (on order) | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)

Post #8094 7th Oct 2007 12:00 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
carlfraz

Not even two days old SN, he picked it up the day before Saturday, did 30 miles around home then 140 to get to the off road day on Sunday, counting as days it was just one day old Thud - he's totally mad!!!!!

After cleaning mine found rear offside wheel has a nasty scrtach, side pipes are all scored and scraped underneath, and the drivers side pipe has a dent in it. So just hope this damage happened to protect the car's underside Big Cry Big Cry

Post #8123 7th Oct 2007 6:42 pm
cotefarmboy

United Kingdom 

Bad luck Sad

Side tubes are vulnerable as they are the lowest point when cresting a hill or driving across ruts etc. They will protect the car though. Scratched alloys are also a hazard of off-roading, plenty of companies around that can refurb a wheel for around £70 though. Most of us on DISCO3 have a spare set of wheels and off-road tyres Whistle

Post #8124 7th Oct 2007 7:31 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Glad that none of you guys suffered any lasting consequences as a result of the dunking. Regarding being mad to take a new car off roading in the first few days of ownership........................... I took my Monte Carlo Blue FFRR TD6 offroading when it was two days old (and the FFRR had only been on sale about 4 months) on a Forest Drive. Unknown to me there was a journo from LRE on the drives and my car was then shown in in the mag in all it's muddy glory as possibly one of the 1st privately owned FFRR's ever to have been spotted offroad! I got an amazing amount of flaming and hate mail on the various Land Rover forums for taking the car where it was designed to go too, somebody was soooooooooooo jealous that they even reported that I had done £1000's of damage to the car! I did get a couple of scratches and because I didn't read the owners manual and didn't remove the lip spoiler on the front valance before playing I managed to bend that little bit of plastic - total cost of the repairs was a couple of cans of polish and some elbow grease - small price for an awful lot of fun! I am also a Defender owner and it was just amazing what the FFRR could do on it's road tyres with the help of some fancy electronics and I think that was what upset some folks more than the fact it was a brand new FFRR! How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #8137 8th Oct 2007 1:42 am
carlfraz

Damage was not a complaint cfboy, sorry if it came across like was, just adds to fond memories of the day, like looking at the wife when she gets another wrinkle....adds to the character Laughing Laughing and enhances its beauty

Post #8266 9th Oct 2007 9:57 pm
Goldstone69

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

Quote:
like looking at the wife when she gets another wrinkle....adds to the character and enhances its beauty

.....you old smoothy Wink (does that line actually work ? Laughing )

Post #8292 10th Oct 2007 8:20 am
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

He'll find out after Mrs Carlfraz has read the post and Mr Carlfraz wakes up in the morning and finds his testicles aren't in a jar on the bedside table Shocked , then and only then will he know that it has worked Rolling with laughter ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #8301 10th Oct 2007 10:53 am
Goldstone69

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

ouch ! Laughing Don`t think Mrs carlfraz would want to do that ! Wink Whistle perhaps removing one tyre valve cap each week would cause nearly as much pain but without the mess Laughing

Post #8302 10th Oct 2007 11:13 am
carlfraz

The pain of those thoughts rendered me incapable of viewing the forum for the last week Laughing Laughing

Post #8692 16th Oct 2007 11:08 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234