carlfraz11th Sep 2007 12:23 pmcarlfraz is confirmed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

carlfraz wrote:
You sad git Avtur!!!!........

Yes I know, but I don't get out much, I'm very lucky that the straight jacket is scheduled to be off for the 30th September... Nurse, is it time for my next tablet? Laughing Laughing

Post #6581 11th Sep 2007 10:00 pm
RPJ

Azerbaijan 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Hi Guys

Thanks Avtur & Carlfraz for a great day i hope that i didn't take you anywhere you didnt want to go!

got home safe and sound, steamed off Mrs PJ's new Whistle truck and no damage, so thats a Bonus. at least i now know its limits Rolling with laughter Thud Big Cry

i hope that Mrs Avtur and Mrs Carlfraz (sorry "friend"of carlfraz) enjoyed themselves also.

see you all again soon

Ryan

Last edited by RPJ on 1st Oct 2007 4:20 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #7673 1st Oct 2007 8:39 am
avtur

RPJ wrote:
Hi Guys

Thanks Avtur & Carlfraz for a great day i hope that i didn't take you anywhere you didnt want to go!

got home safe and sound steamed of Mrs PJ's new Whistle truck and no damage, so thats a Bonus. at least i now know its limits Rolling with laughter Thud Big Cry

i hope that Mrs Avtur and Mrs Carlfraz (sorry "friend"of carlfraz) enjoyed themselves also.

see you all again soon

Ryan

Hi Ryan

Really glad to hear you got home safe and sound. We had a terrific day out, Andy's (Cotefarmboy)organisation was brilliant and your 1st class guidance took us to all the right places to explore the limits of our FL2's. Its amazing what the car can do on 3 or even 2 wheels .... We enjoyed every last minute of the magical mystery tour ...

Mrs Avtur is one of the most un-car minded people you will ever meet but she had a brillaint day too. No more sliding off on my own to off-road days!!!

A big thanks to you for being our guide, it made the day, look forward to meeting you again!!

Post #7681 1st Oct 2007 1:28 pm
RPJ

Azerbaijan 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Did you get a pic of my miss hap

Don't mind it posted up if you can hide the reg

Would be good to have a look

Ryan

Post #7701 1st Oct 2007 5:29 pm
avtur

RPJ wrote:
Did you get a pic of my miss hap

Don't mind it posted up if you can hide the reg

Would be good to have a look

Ryan

Oh, I think there might be a picture or two ... Thumbs Up I'll run them through the reg remover first !!!

Post #7706 1st Oct 2007 6:41 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi Guys, Avtur and RPJ.... Firstly, RPJ, I am so glad you made it home, but I was worried that the missus was then gonna drown you for drowning her car Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Owe yes!!!! we have plenty photos of the dunking to see if the car was a witch, fortunately the drowning was not terminal Laughing Laughing Thanks very much to you though as avtur has aluded to, for the wonderful guide that you were...just wish I had caught avtur doing his Reliant Robin three wheeler impressions. He (his car) spent more time looking like a dog peeing against a tree than a car doing off road stuff!!! Very Happy Confused ...at one point avtur you must have had two feet clearance under your rear o/side wheel ....so impressive...bet the wife was screaming like a good un' at the angle you had her at....no inuendo to be placed Whistle

Avtur, good to see you and we did have a chuckle, even at the end of the day, just a shame it was at poor old RPJ's expense!! Your wife has a serious 'acid' sense of humour too, thank her very much for being mad.

And as for the site itself, brilliant site, which was further enhanced by Andy's (cotefarmboy) dedication. It was well run, very well organised by him and his team. Until RPJ went into his undefeatable mode, I felt quite safe, with the reasurrance that cotefarmboy and his squadran of marshall's new what they were doing, we witnessed stuck fast landies being dragged out of mud, ......and ponds....... Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter and you felt that if you got into difficulty that there was plenty of friends to join in, help and.......take the pi55 Laughing

My wife was well impressed that the car was covered in mud, as was my 7yr old son and 9yr old daughter. We even had comments at the services on the motorway of ".....wow look at that car, nice to see a 4x4 being used as it should be".. So thanks again Andy terrififc day and NO DAMAGE.

All I can say everybody that couldn't make it is PLEASE!, PLEASE!! do try and go on the next one, if you are worried about damage Andy is quite CLEAR about where to go and what routes to use, if you want to maintain showroom body panels...my car was a month old and except for the mud still looks great (mud on it looks even better)

not forgetting qxd372 or whatever the forum name is, good to see you friend hope tuition was OK you looked fine on your own afterwards, sorry you had to leave early, but good luck Thumbs Up

Thanks again all, see you next time Thumbs Up

Post #7707 1st Oct 2007 6:53 pm
defkalion

Greece 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

ok guys we are jealous enough!!! photos photos PHOTOS, please!

Post #7726 1st Oct 2007 10:07 pm
CY

Scotland 

Hi guys,

Very pleased to meet you all at Tong on Sunday, what a friendly bunch! Thumbs Up I had a terrific day and I'm sure you did too!
I was interested from the start to see how the FL2 performed, and I have to say that I was wholly impressed - it got to places I never thought possible, soldiering along in the footsteps of the higher-up D3s. Goes to show that it's trully a Land Rover under all its on-road trickery. Very good indeed.

The same applies to the D3 lot too. We've never been off road before and so some of it was quite daunting, but it tackled the course brilliantly, despite getting stuck in a forest, but we'll not go into that..! Embarassed Embarassed

The day was fantastic for not only getting to know your vehicle a bit better, but also for getting to put faces to names and meet other people who you'll often have spoken to on the forum. It was exceptionally well organised by Andy and the instructors and marshalls were always on hand and extremely helpful, adding largely to the enjoyment of the day.

I took 300 photos on the Sunday along (we made a weekend of it and came down from Edinburgh on the Saturday) and I'm looking forward to putting the best ones on the site soon. Cool

Again, pleased to meet you all and hopefully there will be another event of the kind in the future! "CY from DISCO3"

Discovery 3 TDV6 SE

Post #7728 1st Oct 2007 10:17 pm
avtur

couple of pictures in my gallery ... see latest additions to avtur ...

Post #7735 2nd Oct 2007 2:44 am
Goldstone69

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

Great pics avtur Thumbs Up especially the FL2 about to test its underwater abilities Exclamation Laughing

Post #7736 2nd Oct 2007 7:58 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

They do look like great pictures

But one of you needs to spill the gossips on the FL2 thats trying to swim...... Question

Post #7743 2nd Oct 2007 10:31 am
Paul

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

nice pictures npinks. Thumbs Up

As regards the submarine activities: did you clean the radiators afterwards ? If yes (which I hope) could you remove all the mud ? I guess this could be difficult without damaging the fragile fins.

Post #7744 2nd Oct 2007 10:47 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SN

England 

Some photos in my D3 gallery at ...

https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1474

Plus some D3 videos

The Trees...
http://automagicly.com/landrover/movies/PICT2804_toWMV.wmv
http://automagicly.com/landrover/movies/PICT2805_toWMV.wmv
http://automagicly.com/landrover/movies/PICT2806_toWMV.wmv

The Drop...
http://automagicly.com/landrover/movies/PICT2797_toWMV.wmv
http://automagicly.com/landrover/movies/PICT2798_toWMV.wmv
http://automagicly.com/landrover/movies/PICT2811_toWMV.wmv Steve N | 21MY Defender (on order) | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)

Post #7752 2nd Oct 2007 1:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
boiledgnat

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Excellent photos - it looked like a really great day. It's made me even keener to test out my off road abilities (which are fairly non existent at the moment). Roll on the next one Smile

Post #7764 2nd Oct 2007 3:43 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Great movies too,

especially the one where the disco goes over the Big Drop, and all you see is sky on the way up and dirt on the way down.

Shame no movies of the FL2's Confused letting the side down Very Happy

Looked like it got very tight going through the forest part too, lucky he has the side steps or his disco might have needed a dent or two sorting.

Post #7771 2nd Oct 2007 4:11 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>