avtur22nd Jul 2007 8:23 pm
carlfraz11th Sep 2007 12:23 pmcarlfraz is confirmed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
cotefarmboy

United Kingdom 

Update

Many thanks for all the deposits received and the great turnout for this event.

I will be sending out your entry passes etc and site directions/rules in early September and will require the balance by September the 10th at the latest. (£20 for those just driving and £45 for those who have booked tuition.)

Could I please ask for all those who have signed up to send me their registration forms so I have your mailing details if you have not yet done so and deposits if not yet paid.

Cheers

Andy

Post #4991 1st Aug 2007 11:27 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
cotefarmboy

United Kingdom 

Many thanks for the signup

I now need to request the balance of the event cost to be sent please by Aug 31st if possible?

I am going away for a couple of weeks so can't acknowledge but if I could ask for cheques or paypal for the balance as follows,

Tuition Group - £45

Non Tuition - £20

Upon receipt of the balance I will issue your entry pass, map etc.

Regards

Andy

Post #5438 11th Aug 2007 10:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
cotefarmboy

United Kingdom 

I have all the payments in now so thanks all.

Packs will be coming out to to you all w/c Sept 10th with entry passes etc.

We need to split into groups on the day with a convoy leader for each, maybe 3 groups of 4/5 (excluding those having tuition who will be with Iain) so I will be looking for volunteers to lead please.

Also, can anyone who has signed for 'no-tuition' but who has never been off road before please drop me a line to ensure you are with someone who knows the site.

Post #5970 2nd Sep 2007 4:07 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Cotefarmboy!!!!! I have got my day pass from the wife and the 2yr old will have to miss uncle Carl at her party....buts needs must!!! Laughing Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I have signed in for 'with tuition', which may be cautious on my side. Having done three half days at the Landrover experience, am I being a big girl Big Cry Big Cry If convoy led am I best going with the simple follow the leader instead???

I will bow to your knowledge and experience of the site up there.

I also have a possible one or two others who may want to go, the RRS who now does not have a rattle now Rolling with laughter , and his friend who has a Disco 3. They each did a 5hr off road course in the last few weeks so again your advice is sought as to whether they would negotiate the non tuition within a group.

Let me know and really looking forward to day Thumbs Up

cheers

Post #6528 11th Sep 2007 9:48 am
cotefarmboy

United Kingdom 

Very Happy Excellent!

It is entirely up to you, the tuition is by LRE and Pro-Trax guys who really know there stuff and is mainly for the morning with free time in the afternoon. If in doubt go for it to brush up your skills.

There are no more spaces for tuition left after you though so if your friends want to come they will have to come and drive, more than welcome of course but they must register here or on Disco 3 by Sept 15th as I am cutting off then so I can sort all the admin etc.

Once you decide which way you want to go I will send details about payment etc.

Post #6529 11th Sep 2007 9:55 am
CY

Scotland 

Carlfraz, I've PM'd you with details about name stickers for Tong Thumbs Up If you're friends decide to come, their details would be great also Thumbs Up

Qzx372, you also have a PM from a few days ago regarding your names Very Happy "CY from DISCO3"

Discovery 3 TDV6 SE

Post #6551 11th Sep 2007 5:51 pm
carlfraz

Come on you lot CY and Cotefarmboy been good enough to arrange this little excursion for us, I'm dragging my sorry arse 180 miles to be there in my less than a month old car and talked a pal to get his RRS dirty (omitted to tell him about the dents he will pick up too Laughing ) So if you want to go sign up there is plenty of you near Tong, I've seen you on the map!!!!! Twisted Evil

I rang the site today and was told there are various circuits to do from a mild green lane for the non experienced to progressively more challenging, up to the Censored Exclamation Exclamation how do we get up there Question Big Cry Big Cry

I will hopefully just get a bit muddy and the car too, washes off at the end of the day!!!

So come on for just £35, get a 'pack up' in the cool box, and if you want a tutor its an extra £25, its 10.00-16.00hrs on the 30th Sept - go on live on the edge Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #6563 11th Sep 2007 8:53 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Carl,

Glad you were able to get the day pass, I'm sure it'll be a great day !!

If you want to get an overview of what the site (sort of) looks like, put Parkwood's post code into Google Earth, the zoom level is pretty good so can get an idea of the site layout (OK so you don't see the degree of vertical details but it's still interesting, I've done this previously for the quarry drives I've been on ----- sad or what??)

Have you got the power washer arranged for when you get home? Actually one tactic I've heard for cleaning is to go to the local Tesco (or wherever your local carwash is) and do an initial wash there so the excess of cr4p that is removed goes down their drains. My driveway is still showing signs of red clay from my last outing several weeks ago Laughing Laughing

Post #6566 11th Sep 2007 9:09 pm
superkoala

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Rimini Red

just an example of a bit of dirt on Flo : http://best4x4xfar.com/gallery/displayimag...mp;pos=228
it took a while before she was clean again Whistle

enjoy yourselves out there, if it had been organised a week earlier, I would have tried to attend, being in the Yorkshire Dales 13/09=>25/09 (and that's close enough to come to such an event Wink ) 

Post #6567 11th Sep 2007 9:17 pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

superkoala wrote:
just an example of a bit of dirt on Flo : http://best4x4xfar.com/gallery/displayimag...mp;pos=228
it took a while before she was clean again Whistle

Don't like that clearance (or lack of it!) in the next picture (No. 230), especially when you see the massive clearance under the Defenders in the following pictures. Shocked

Our motorway exit slip roads are a bit better built here in the UK. Wink

Last edited by NightFox on 11th Sep 2007 9:25 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #6570 11th Sep 2007 9:23 pm
boiledgnat

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I'm very envious of you both Mr. Green , but just can't make it Sad . Have a great day and make sure you post some piccys after the event !

After doing my half day experience, I'm itching to do some more - don't envy the cleaning though!

Post #6571 11th Sep 2007 9:25 pm
carlfraz

You sad git Avtur!!!!........great idea though for Google Earth Thumbs Up I like you thought about the washing of the car at A N Others so thought I'd nip in to Foreby Fore on the way home since his wife did such agood job of his with the Zymol Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Could you Imagine 20+ FL2's, Disco's and RRS's turning up covered in Censored Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Laughing Rolling with laughter all demanding a hand job - sorry hand wash!!! from his wife

Shame you couldn't come Super Koala would have been good to put you in front to show us the way with Flo Thumbs Up

Post #6572 11th Sep 2007 9:25 pm
superkoala

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Rimini Red

Quote:
Don't like that clearance (or lack of it!) in the next picture (No. 230), especially when you see the massive clearance under the Defenders in the following pictures.

I know what you mean, the difference is huge, but Flo didn't touch the ground, so the clearance was big enough (only just, but that's fine by me Thumbs Up )

Quote:
Our motorway exit slip roads are a bit better built here in the UK.

Rolling with laughter
some of them are, some not Whistle

Quote:
Shame you couldn't come Super Koala would have been good to put you in front to show us the way with Flo

we would have done our best Wink
maybe next time Very Happy 

Post #6574 11th Sep 2007 9:36 pm
cotefarmboy

United Kingdom 

If anyone needs any more info about the site please drop me a line Thumbs Up

Post #6578 11th Sep 2007 9:52 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

carlfraz wrote:
You sad git Avtur!!!!........great idea though for Google Earth Thumbs Up I like you thought about the washing of the car at A N Others so thought I'd nip in to Foreby Fore on the way home since his wife did such agood job of his with the Zymol Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Could you Imagine 20+ FL2's, Disco's and RRS's turning up covered in Censored Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Laughing Rolling with laughter all demanding a hand job - sorry hand wash!!! from his wife

Shame you couldn't come Super Koala would have been good to put you in front to show us the way with Flo Thumbs Up

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter I'm not even going to try and reply ...... Shocked

Post #6579 11th Sep 2007 9:57 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>