Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Australia & New Zealand > Help please! Am I about to make a mistake! FL2 or Q5
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
lar

Russia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

Prices of F2 and Q5 are equal in your country? F2 is cheaper than Q5 in Russia 
Freelander II 2,2 TD SE Stornoway Grey

Sorry for my wry English. I began to study it recently.
I'll be thankful for your corrections of my mistakes

Post #51880 10th Dec 2009 11:43 am
mikehzz

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Lago Grey

Hello, My FL2 kicks butt on the dunes at Stockton....been there many times. For off roading you really need to stick to 17" wheels as the bigger rims aren't very good at it. I reckon the FL2 drives well on the tar as well. I've never driven the Audi but I assume it would be a good drive.
Mike

Post #51884 10th Dec 2009 1:05 pm
reklaw1947

Australia 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Alaska White

I have had my white TD4 SE (with sunroof) for a month now. Having owned 7 previous Land Rovers including Series 1,2 &3, 3 Range Rovers and the last one a Discovery V8, I was a litlle concerned about downsizing. So far it's all positive; great performance and handling; quiet (for a diesel); comfortable. Off road ability was the reason for not choosing an audi or X3 (apart from the price/equipment level difference) ; the LR2 is roomy and will tow my 16' caravan. It ticked all the boxes for me. Of course it had nothing to do with the fact that I just like Land Rovers.....I know it's a sickness Rolling with laughter resale value seems always to be an issue with LR's in Aus but I'm prepared to wear that for all the above reasons. Buy a FL2 for goodnes sake!
Rob 2009 TD4 SE, Alaska White, Ebony Leather, Sun Roof.

Post #51885 10th Dec 2009 1:35 pm
gerry

I have the Q5 with exterior Sline pack, Xenons and tint / FL2 HSE with panoramic roof tint and premium pack within within$1000 of each other so its line ball on price.

Post #51906 10th Dec 2009 8:29 pm
egipp

Australia 2009 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Santorini Black

One thing you might like to consider is the Audis' space saver spare wheel. An important reason for me in choosing the Freelander, a one year old petrol SE which has had no problems and exceeded my expectations as a first time Landrover buyer, was its' full size spare wheel. You can be along way from tyre shops here and a limited use space saver could spoil your weekend. I don't know whether the Q5 wheel well will hold a full size wheel - if not, where do you put your flat tyre?
I have owned an Audi some years ago and it was a good car and certainly well finished. I find the Freelander to be very smooth and comfortable on the highway, but with a definite off road capability that I suspect other 'crossover SUVs' don't have. I did think about resale values but you never - at least at my level! - ever buy a car as an investment. Get the one you'll be happiest living with and enjoy it.

Post #51924 11th Dec 2009 9:19 am
Furyan

Australia 2009 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Santorini Black

I looked at the Q5, test drove it and everything. While it has a couple of cool features, automatic parallel parking, it definately felt like a car and not a SUV. It lacked the higher driving seat position, which once you experience you'll love and won't want to give up.

My FL2 is great, everyone who rides in it thinks it is great. When I first got car we took a drive from Sydney to Canberra via the coastal road then over the mountains (tons of switchbacks, major inclines etc.) and my friend in the back said it was an incredible ride and she loved it.

Tomorrow we head off for QLD for family Christmas, Pelican Waters, with wife and five month old baby girl. It will be the longest drive my FL2 has done so far (same for my little girl) and I look forward to it. I love driving my FL2. Customisation: LED (CW) Internal Lighting, Re-badged Steering Wheel (black/silver badge), Wheel Caps (black/silver badge), Black Magic Tint, Santorini Black handles

Accessories: LR Chronograph, LR Golf Umbrella, LR Pen, LR Key Chain, LR Hat (blue), Rubber Boot Protector Mat, Side Steps, Mud Flaps, Body Side Mouldings

Post #52412 19th Dec 2009 3:01 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12