Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Feelander 2 Hesitation / Judder / Stuttering fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 25 <123 ... 678 ... 232425>
Print this entire topic · 
El_Crispo

United Kingdom 

Mine went in to the service centre for two days and fortunately they were able to replicate this issue. Which from the sound of it is a great first step compared to others' experiences. The current view is that it's down to a fault in the turbo. Having this replaced in a couple of weeks so I'll keep you posted on whether this does the trick.

Post #271480 2nd Aug 2015 11:22 am
marky7170

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black
Sounds like there's more of us out there than i thought

Hello El_Crispo and all .does your car fall within the chasis numbers listed in alexs post ?
and here is my history
The first time it went in, the dealer said it was a leaking turbo lose
the second time it went in ,the dealer said it was the EGR valve and replaced it
the third time it went in ,the dealer said it was oil in the inter cooler.
the four time it went in ,the dealer said we wasn't doing enough motorway miles and need regenerating the dpf
It still does exactly the same despite having all these things done. The car only done 44000 mile and no cure in sight. But its never totally broken down yet.

Post #271522 2nd Aug 2015 5:49 pm
westville

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

Idea I REPEAT:

westville wrote:
Jag 2.2D's used to suffer from this - could be the Cam Position Sensor
Have a look at www.sajah.keepandshare.com where you will find some pdf documents I wrote for the Jag Forum which may be of assistance to you
Cheers
Jim

Dealers (and indeed on here ) will say that technicians will diagnose the car using their computers - the reality is this does not come up as a problem - yet its a £20 fix Whistle No Longer the owner of a 2013MY Fuji White GS

"Fiat Lux" a philosophy not a car

Post #271523 2nd Aug 2015 6:03 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Billsy
"Symptoms appear between 1600/1900 rpm on hot days (above 17c) with light accelarating for me.
Feels like the car misfuels stutters then carries on normally.
I feel that it is a fuel map/software issue but nobody seems to have come up with a solid fix"

I spent considerable time with a 2010 & 2011 freely that tww different garages were struggling with and i was monitoring mapping live data etc.
It felt very much like it was running too weak on light throttle or EGr related. In fact it always highlighted itself when the EGR was approaching 18% duty cycle. They drove exactly as you discribe and very nasty to drive at a steady 30-45mph.

However after spending much time we changed all 4 tyres for a matched set and equal wear.
PROBLEM SORTED !

Im not sure whether if the tyres are part worn, more front than rear the haldex unit pressure is causing the ECU to back off fueling to prevent what its thinks could be wheel slip.
Worth checking your tyres match front and rear in both make and tyre tread depth.
I have mentioned this before ! Jaguar x-type sport gone
Jaguar x-type 2.2d sport one of my best cars ever sadly gone
Freelander 2 GS auto 2008 most unreliable ever ! gladly gone
Freelander 2 GS manual 2013 only time will tell !

Post #271527 2nd Aug 2015 6:14 pm
marky7170

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black

Thank you oldgeezer
all suggestion are greatly recieved and are worth a try.
I have recently change all four tyres for new conti,s original size and spec.
but the cam sensor one sounds interesting

Post #271530 2nd Aug 2015 6:30 pm
Spatch

England 

alex_pescaru wrote:
And LR is still investigating....
The below bulletin, that could be related to your problems, is dated April 28....

Click image to enlarge

I thought this problem only affected MY11 & MY12 cars, bit concerned they list right up to MY15. Has anyone with MY13 cars and older had issues with this then?

Post #271543 2nd Aug 2015 8:29 pm
Cannonball

2011 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Lago Grey

Think you might have been lucky Oldgeezer. I have had matching tyres on my 2011MY since new, swapping to new winter tyres every November to February inclusive. Has made no difference at all, still have the exact problems you describe. 20k miles in total!

Post #271649 3rd Aug 2015 7:20 pm
El_Crispo

United Kingdom 

Ok, so just had the turbo replaced (under good will) and guess what,.......... No change..... Going back into LR in a couple of weeks for another try.

Post #272626 13th Aug 2015 8:07 pm
Franklinp99

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Ipanema Sand

If you remember I posted a couple of months back that I was going to Guy Salmon Maidstone to get my 2011 TD4 GS looked at for this problem, well the engineer drove it acknowledged the fault and basically said it's an anomaly affecting certain vehicles that is incurable. They reloaded latest version of software at my request and I can honestly say it made no difference whatsoever. I've since adjusted my driving style giving more throttle when changing up the low gears through the problem range and this seems to help.
Enjoyed my morning at Guy Salmon though, excellent customer service and they didn't charge me a penny.

Post #272641 13th Aug 2015 9:43 pm
westville

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

Has anyone tried the Cam Position Sensor? No Longer the owner of a 2013MY Fuji White GS

"Fiat Lux" a philosophy not a car

Post #272680 14th Aug 2015 10:33 am
SimonBattersby

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Yes I did to no avail, I also changed the diesel filter and MAF sensor on a whim. I had a egr replaced and it stopped doing it for a while, then it started again so got the car tested for faults. Since then it had another EGR and cooler as the first one was showing a fault code. It has stopped and hasn't started as of yet but my throttle body failed the day before we were due to tow 2500 miles into France. Managed to get that fixed then about an hour from Dover the car started banging from the front end, ended up getting a hire car and leaving the freelander at home because they don't know if it's the transfer box or steering rack. They say it needs to be drove more to pin point the problem and make the fault worse. I'm really beginning to regret buying this car!!!

Post #272681 14th Aug 2015 10:43 am
ewrfvadffe

2011 Freelander 2 SD4 S Auto Barolo Black

Hello,

i was at the LR garage for the yearly maintenance last monday.
The garage checked the car for errors but without success.

The car software is up to date.
There seems to be no update in the LR Topix bulletin.

Does anybody have ever logged some data via OBD2 in order to find out the problem? I dont know if the relevant data are available at the OBD2 interface. At the moment (about 20° C ambient temperature) in can easily reproduce the behavior.

Thanks
Sebastian

Post #273571 24th Aug 2015 4:00 pm
Jim NI

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Loire Blue

I'm sure JLR will be hoping we find a solution between us as it seems they are stumped. My 2011 is affected by this but all LRCS can suggest is book into dealer. With car now out of warranty why would I take on myself to book it in when they don't know how to fix it and want to charge me to do nothing? My name's Jim not Dim! 2014 SE Loire Blue SD4 Auto (MY15)
Gone - 2011 GS Baltic Blue, Retrofit Electric Leather, Side Steps, 19"SC's, Roof Rails, TT Sat Nav Mod, Retrofit Premium Audio, Retro fit 2013 Xenons with DRL & Sig Strip (Clutch at 47k)
Gone - 2007 GS Narvik Black, Privacy Glass, 19" SC's, Side Steps,Roof Rails, Roof Spoiler, Lamp Guards, Retrofit Electric Leather (Clutch at 115k)
Gone - 2007 SE Santorini Black (Clutch at 120k)
BT IID (best money ever spent on a car)

Post #273699 25th Aug 2015 6:28 pm
landmaciej

Poland 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Santorini Black

I agree. I've checked egr- clean , changed flow meter, updated ECU. No changes. Now checking turbo as my mechanic saw with an endoscope that turbo is "coughing" during this judder. What about hesitation on 1st gear ? maybe its connected ? Disappointment.

Post #273858 27th Aug 2015 10:47 am
El_Crispo

United Kingdom 

landmaciej wrote:
I agree. I've checked egr- clean , changed flow meter, updated ECU. No changes. Now checking turbo as my mechanic saw with an endoscope that turbo is "coughing" during this judder. What about hesitation on 1st gear ? maybe its connected ? Disappointment.

LR just replaced my turbo. No change.

Post #273904 27th Aug 2015 6:50 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 25 <123 ... 678 ... 232425>