Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 25 <123 ... 232425>
Print this entire topic · 
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 

Hi All,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.

If you are experiencing this concern on a 2.2L Diesel with VIN from BH216517 onwards, then book your vehicle in to your local Land Rover approved retailer.

Should you have further concerns or need any support, please contact me by PM with the following details:

Contact Name:
Tel Number:
Email Address:
Vehicle Reg:
Last 6 VIN:
Retailer booked with:
Booking Date:

I would be more than happy to liaise with the retailer if you are still experiencing concerns.

Regards,

Ryan Please note that although Jaguar Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any direct technical advice. This account will be available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. If it is outside of this time, and you require assistance, please feel free to drop us a Private Message and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can

Post #240790 12th Nov 2014 12:37 pm
SimonB

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Ryan, thanks for the update.

My VIN is later, so definitely taking mine back in, although it is the wrong time of the year really to assess the effectiveness.

Badger1970, it was Guy Salmon Ascot. Their servicing service is usually pretty good. It's this hesitation problem that hasn't been dealt with well. I was blatantly lied to the first time the vehicle went in. Complained to the Dealer Principal and was reasonably satisfied with the outcome so gave them a second chance. This latest episode means I might look elsewhere, they are just very convenient though.

Post #240796 12th Nov 2014 1:49 pm
D-Man

Thanks Ryan.
Just emailed my dealer to see what they say about it.....hadn't been in touch with them as I knew from here it was awaiting an update and mine only does it occasionally - although it is a bit of a worry trying to accelerate onto roundabouts sometimes! Smile
D 2011 SD4 HSE Auto
(Previously 2007 TD4 XS Manual)

Post #240825 12th Nov 2014 7:11 pm
23Skidoo

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Buckingham Blue

Hi Simon

The Update was released to dealers on Friday so he should be able to find it. My Car has had a new Turbo (Reason not given yet) and the software update. I haven't got it back yet as it also needs the tailgate paint issue seen to. I'll let the forum know how things are when I get is back.

The issue is that ambient temperature is now low enough for the fault to not manifest itself. we may need to wait until the spring to really know if this is a cure.

In hope

Andy

Post #240980 13th Nov 2014 10:09 pm
taztastic

England 

Mine was fitted with a new turbo, the original one had a shaft that was tight in one spot, suspected that this was the issue, not sure if the fault was finally cured as I swapped the car 4 weeks after it was fitted.

Post #240982 13th Nov 2014 10:21 pm
SimonB

Ryan has kindly spoken to my dealer and the vehicle is now booked in.

It became apparent that the bulletin is not a software update though but a set of intensive inspections to identify potential problems.

I clarified this with Ryan who has now updated his earlier post to avoid any confusion.

So not as encouraging as I had first thought, but hopefully a step in the right direction at least. In the case of my dealer at least. the question of whether the 3 yr warranty would apply (when the problem was first reported), or the Extended Warranty, will apparently depend on what they find. There's no question in my mind, but that's a fight I'll possibly have to have when the time comes.

Post #241087 14th Nov 2014 5:48 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

So it's not a s/w update then? Mine went in a few weeks ago and they went through it did a "recalibration of the airflow system" apparently following LR technical dept instructions. However at the same time I had a service done and the fuel filter was changed as there had been starting problems and a "reduced engine performance" incident. Anyway it's been OK since.

Post #241097 14th Nov 2014 7:20 pm
D-Man

Well, I'm confused then as my dealer confirmed to me that there IS a software update regarding this problem!?

Ryan.....please could you clarify exactly what the status is and what my dealer will actually be doing next week when they have my car? 2011 SD4 HSE Auto

Post #241132 14th Nov 2014 11:50 pm
sadler32

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

What was different about the vehicles after VIN No. BH216517 where the inspection / software load is required, as opposed to the vehicles prior to that VIN where its not.

Post #241168 15th Nov 2014 1:39 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

I believe that they are the models with reduced emissions and road tax. There is a difference in the air intake pipe which doesn't have the four "organ pipes" on it on the later models.

Post #241171 15th Nov 2014 1:55 pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 

Hi D-Man

The recent release contains a number of diagnostic instructions to the retailer network to allow them to diagnose the specific nature of the concern on a number of affected vehicles and should allow them to resolve it.

Regards

Ryan Please note that although Jaguar Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any direct technical advice. This account will be available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. If it is outside of this time, and you require assistance, please feel free to drop us a Private Message and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can

Post #241375 17th Nov 2014 10:55 am
D-Man

Thanks, Ryan for your prompt reply. Not a software update then, but other sort of fix? 2011 SD4 HSE Auto

Post #241476 17th Nov 2014 8:21 pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 

Hi D-Man

Thanks for your post.

As advised, the release is a workshop instruction and advisory detailing how to effectively diagnose and resolve the specific concern.

Regards

Post #241534 18th Nov 2014 12:19 pm
chapsworth

2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Baltic Blue

Hi Ryan,

I have a manual 2011 (60 Reg) and when I took it for a service a month or so ago I did ask to the dealer to look at a potential and occasional hesitation issue when pulling away. They didn't find anything.

Seeing this thread, I went to my dealer yesterday (Barretts, Canterbury) and they were not aware of any communication from JLR.

I have a question - is this going to be a chargeable investigation from the dealer or, as it should be in my view, free of charge?

Thanks
Simon

Post #241776 20th Nov 2014 12:32 pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 

Hi Simon,

As with any information regarding vehicles, concerns and diagnostics, the retailers do have detailed information relating to each vehicle.

However, should you still be experiencing this concern and wish to have this looked into further I would advise booking your vehicle in with the retailer, if you can send me a PM with your details and the booking date, I would be more than happy to liaise with the retailer.

Many thanks,

Post #241788 20th Nov 2014 1:50 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 25 <123 ... 232425>