Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Discovery Sport Thread **ALL HERE**
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 61 of 127 <123 ... 606162 ... 125126127>
Print this entire topic · 
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Being a bit sexist here. The DS was designed for females.... Flat tyre.... call road service! On the other hand, these days I think a lot males are even more useless! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #254837 26th Feb 2015 5:05 am
taztastic

England 

If you have a puncture and have the space saver wheel fitted, then you fit the space saver wheel.
The full size spare goes back into the cradle and is suspended under the car, the centre bumper section will not fit back on the car so this is placed inside the car behind the seats. The wheel does not need to go in the car.

Post #254841 26th Feb 2015 8:20 am
RichP

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

...therefore do not get a puncture when you have all seats filled and a full boot! Laughing

Post #254848 26th Feb 2015 8:58 am
Lightwater

I've had more than my fair share of punctures. With my last car, a Seat, most of the time I shoved the wheel in the car & got it repaired, then put everything back in it's place. Otherwise it is 4 lots of disassembly & assembly, instead of twice. Mind numbing stuff.

I know it is risky having a wheel floating around the car. But the less I move wheels back and forth the less injuries I'll get. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #254850 26th Feb 2015 9:17 am
Lightwater

RichP wrote:
...therefore do not get a puncture when you have all seats filled and a full boot! Laughing

Statistically, when the car is full, one gets a puncture! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Post #254852 26th Feb 2015 9:19 am
Purplemadboy

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Firenze Red

I don't think there is a perfect place to have a full size spare. In the freelander if you have a puncture the boot needs emptied , all your stuff lying out in the rain. I used to drive a works Renault kangoo van , spare was underneath and had to be wound down , that was the easy bit . More than once in the pouring rain I had to sit on a blanket that I carried in the van and push the the burst wheel with my feet back on to the cradle then kneel down and hook the cradle onto the winder. Do it now ! Your a long time dead !!

Post #254857 26th Feb 2015 9:30 am
j77

Scotland 

D-Man wrote:
Hmm.....60mm wading depth....hope that's a mistake or it really has moved too far towards being a road car only!! Smile

It should be 600mm. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #254861 26th Feb 2015 10:03 am
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
ok

OK, thx for that clarification taztastic, yet again someone on here is better informed than the salespeople in most LR dealerships. I guess that's simply because we are actually more interested in the details of the vehicles than they are! Razz

My comment about where to store the damaged spare was of course a tad tongue in cheek, as I'm sure we could all work something out if it happened to us. Just a shame that LR and other car manufacturers all seem to have switched to this "no real spare wheel" approach, for what seem to us rather trivial reasons. Rolling Eyes Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #254887 26th Feb 2015 11:55 am
taztastic

England 

They do indeed seem trivial reasons, I also cannot understand why the rear panel will not go back on the car, surely at the design stage someone could have seen this and acted accordingly?

Whilst at Gaydon we were shown the 'virtual design cave', a room where the vehicle is projected in 3D, as you move your head so the vehicle viewpoint adapts, it is very very good. We were also shown ho parts can be removed and whether other items obstructed them, effectively you can service and replace items in a virtual world. They must have seen at this stage the spare wheel issue, or more likely is that the lack of one is pandering to emission targets and style over substance.

I am looking forward to the Halewood trip in April, I have been up close to the DS but not as yet tried it, a visit to the dealer in a couple of weeks will present an opportunity to try it.

Whilst a Gaydon there was a number (dozens) of cars heavily camo'd up, they mostly looked like evoques or FFRR models.
It seemed strange at the time that they would have so many of a current model still in disguise, I have since learned from a reliable source that we may well have seen the next defender chassis on test, judging by the strange sizes of the 'evoque esqe' mules then there are certainly quite a few new models being designed and tested. If anyone else is going on a trip there, keep a sharp eye on the mules.

The next couple of years will be very interesting indeed .

Post #254922 26th Feb 2015 2:46 pm
Aero_383

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Ipanema Sand

I generally agree with Carbuyer reviews and I have been waiting for their take on the DS. Wait over....

Post #255003 27th Feb 2015 12:51 am
RichP

To be honest, after keeping up with this thread while keeping an open mind, that did not tell me much that I didn't know already. Worth watching though Thumbs Up
Off Topic I was able to watch that directly whereas I have to watch other links via YouTube?

Post #255005 27th Feb 2015 6:27 am
Aero_383

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Ipanema Sand

Yeah I know RichP. I thought twice about posting it after the review I posted a few days ago, but as there was a glimpse of the spacesaver (blink and miss it) I thought I would whack it on here. No more I promise.
Liked the hidden storage compartment though Laughing _________________
Gone - 2010 Rimini XS

Post #255081 27th Feb 2015 5:05 pm
valleyforge

England 

Where are they all ? haven't seen one yet apart from the one in our local dealers showroom. Not even one out on demo. No advertising either its all Evoque Evoque here - presumably they're still being made & stockpiled for Easter on ?
Not fussed you understand, just a bit curious. (Or are they so like 'the rest' one doesn't notice them ?). FL2 Ex D2, D3, RRS, etc. now all gone.

Post #256506 12th Mar 2015 12:12 pm
RichP

Seen about four in Worcestershire.

Post #256507 12th Mar 2015 12:19 pm
j77

Scotland 

valleyforge wrote:
Where are they all ? haven't seen one yet apart from the one in our local dealers showroom. Not even one out on demo. No advertising either its all Evoque Evoque here - presumably they're still being made & stockpiled for Easter on ?
Not fussed you understand, just a bit curious. (Or are they so like 'the rest' one doesn't notice them ?).

Lack of transporters, there have been a couple of delays extra "quality control" checks before leaving the factory, Bulls***, I paid for an hours subscription to Topix it revealed a lot, but now the flood gates are open and they can't get them out quick enough.

My one is a week late, it's built but awaiting a transporter, should arrive at the dealers Tuesday with collection on Friday. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #256615 13th Mar 2015 12:13 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 61 of 127 <123 ... 606162 ... 125126127>