Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > 2.2 hse Chip
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
brian

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

I had a tuning box on my previous FRL 2 for three years no problems and loved the car . Prior to exchanging it for a 12 sd4 I took the box off and found a massive difference in that the car was noisier and the drive not as smooth in fact it felt like a different car.
I have had the box reprogrammed for the SD4 and on a recent motorway trip with cruise set at the legal limit achieved 43mpg over 109 using the fill up method. My ave mileage on the computer is 34.2 but most of my mileage is around town and the car has only done 2.5k miles.
I do not want a flying machine as I am def not a boy racer but really like a smooth relaxing drive that I believe the box gives you. To support this I would point out that my previous 08 did not need new shoes until 34k miles whereas my son who has a 10 plate needed them after 15k miles
I am not an expert on engines or transmission systems but surely if you are happy to drive well below the limit that a car is capable of then there should not be a problem as a box is only making the drive smoother and in my opinion causing less stress to the car. Fuji White GS 12 privacy glass leather retrim

Post #147204 30th Jun 2012 5:56 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

makes sense brian. drive a car with mechanical sympathy and it will last much better, However like wives , engines do need a good thrashing occasionally or they get lazy At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #147208 30th Jun 2012 7:57 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123