Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Constant DPF Full problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Arrjo

Estonia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

I found a list made by a fellow member of oils suitable for the Freelander 2.
I have the Magnatec 5W30 A1 which according to this table is the lowest oil spec for the car and the DPF fitted cars should have different oil.

Here's the link: http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic911.html

Cheers,

Arrjo 2007 FL2 TD4 Tambora Flame

Post #128841 23rd Jan 2012 11:43 pm
ratbone

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey

I have a MY2007 with DPF and had the same problem that it reduced to max 3000 RPM. It happen often and i had to go to the dealer for reasetting the engine after i had cleaned the DPF filter. Luckely it happend when i was wisiting Haugesund cause the LR dealer there called Laastad knows what they doing. They updated the engine software so that when the DPF filter full wisit dealer sign comes up i just drive until the DPF filter full wisit dealer sigend are shifting over to DPF filter full signed also are disapeard and then i stop the car and switch of the ignition for 5 second, when i start up again the engine runs normaly and i got full engine power back. So i fixed the problem with new software. The mechanic also sad that if the engine have tried to clean the DPF filter three times without fully clean it cuase the engine was shut down the wisit dealer signed shows up. There are some criterieas that have to be followed for cleaning the filter, the engine have to be warm, the car have to go over 40 km/t so it doesn't start cleaning in terain and set fire to the wood or gras under the car with the warm reflection from the filter. It's also necesarry to run the engine over 2500 rpm. The best of all was that the dealer,Laastad, did the updating for free Very Happy

Post #128884 24th Jan 2012 12:54 pm
Arrjo

Hey rat bone,

Was it a standard new software update for the Freelander 2 or was is specially for overrunning the Reduced Engine Performance?
My dealer said that it's not possible to program the car so that the Reduced Engine Performance sign would not come on. But then again there is just 1 dealer for the whole of Estonia and they pretty much say whatever they want because there's no other dealer to go to. 2007 FL2 TD4 Tambora Flame

Post #128954 24th Jan 2012 10:27 pm
ratbone

It was a standard update, the mechanic just scanned the car for newer software and found one for the engine and updated it. It was in july 2011 so ask your LR dealer for a look for newer software updtates for your car.

Post #129009 25th Jan 2012 1:57 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

ratbone wrote:
I have a MY2007 with DPF and had the same problem that it reduced to max 3000 RPM. It happen often and i had to go to the dealer for reasetting the engine after i had cleaned the DPF filter. Luckely it happend when i was wisiting Haugesund cause the LR dealer there called Laastad knows what they doing. They updated the engine software so that when the DPF filter full wisit dealer sign comes up i just drive until the DPF filter full wisit dealer sigend are shifting over to DPF filter full signed also are disapeard and then i stop the car and switch of the ignition for 5 second, when i start up again the engine runs normaly and i got full engine power back. So i fixed the problem with new software. The mechanic also sad that if the engine have tried to clean the DPF filter three times without fully clean it cuase the engine was shut down the wisit dealer signed shows up. There are some criterieas that have to be followed for cleaning the filter, the engine have to be warm, the car have to go over 40 km/t so it doesn't start cleaning in terain and set fire to the wood or gras under the car with the warm reflection from the filter. It's also necesarry to run the engine over 2500 rpm. The best of all was that the dealer,Laastad, did the updating for free Very Happy

Hi Ratbone: Hope that this has sorted your problem, but I have been through exactly the same procedures as you, but the problem still returned. In the end they exchanged the whole DPF - so far so good, but I do expect it to return sometime because these DPF-systems just do not work as they were intended. May be the oil or even the juice we use, maybe even be our driving style I have been told, for example in Norway the speed limit is often too low to drive in 6th gear (and often in 5th), so that if you do the revs are too low and the DPF will not heat up to the correct working temperature. My guess is that if you do that too often problems may result. 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #129019 25th Jan 2012 2:53 pm
ratbone

I still get the DPF filter full wisit dealer message after lots of small trips but i don't need to visit the dealer for reaseting the engine for getting back full engine power. I just have to switch off the ignition after cleaning the DPF.

Post #129028 25th Jan 2012 3:09 pm
Arrjo

Thanks Ratbone Thumbs Up

I will check with my dealer for the new update for the engine. Getting the DPF Full sign would not bother me so much if the engine could keep its power. 2007 FL2 TD4 Tambora Flame

Post #129315 26th Jan 2012 7:15 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123