Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Speccing up a FL2 - Any Must Have's?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
hutchingsp

Mark12 wrote:
I have specified the Black Napoli interior on the XS that I have just ordered. I quite like the Almond seats but cannot stand the yellow plastic and nutmeg carpet that you also get.

I did consider the Alcantara seats that come standard on the XS but when I saw them on the car in the show room I did not like them, besides, the Alcantara was more grey than black and I thought it would look odd with the exterior colour which is Ipanema Sand.

You've basically echoed my thoughts. The almond leather is alright, the almond plastic just looks a little too much like plasticine or something nasty.

I think I will be sticking with black as with the gray it looks like the door panels are also gray which I'm not so keen on - don't get me wrong I like black I wouldn't do it just for resale, but it does seem the safe option.

Post #88704 19th Jan 2011 9:34 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

I have the pre-almond interior which is Alpacha, its a little more yellowly than the Almond is and at the time I loved it as I think it gives the interior a more upmarket feel. However after having a few courtesy FL2's over the past couple of years, all with black leather, I have slowly and slowly gone off it. It shows the first way too easily, makes some of the door panels look cheap and all in all I now prefer black (hence ordering it on my new FL2). Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #88708 19th Jan 2011 9:56 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

Definitely go for a spare wheel. The aerosol gunk won't work on a badly damaged tyre, and the small print on some of the recovery agencies says you will be liable for "any charges incurred because your vehicle is not carrying a legal and serviceable spare wheel" (that's Britannia Rescue). Although maybe LR rescue are less fussy!

Post #88801 20th Jan 2011 1:49 pm
weirdfish

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey

Past master wrote:
Definitely go for a spare wheel. The aerosol gunk won't work on a badly damaged tyre, and the small print on some of the recovery agencies says you will be liable for "any charges incurred because your vehicle is not carrying a legal and serviceable spare wheel" (that's Britannia Rescue). Although maybe LR rescue are less fussy!

Oh that's interesting to know.

Definitely go for a spare, it's probably the best value extra if you ignore the fact that it should come with one Rolling Eyes For a free country, it does seem pretty expensive these days.

Post #88814 20th Jan 2011 2:24 pm
shilen

and you get a free wheel brace and jack with the spare Thumbs Up

Post #88815 20th Jan 2011 2:37 pm
shilen

xenons are worth a look at - several MY11 owners are complaining about the new 'projector' style lights not being as bright as pre-MY11 models!

Post #88816 20th Jan 2011 2:38 pm
hutchingsp

Thanks. I believe the LR Rescue is the 3 years of the warranty and all these bits start to add up but I'll consider the spare tyre option.

What are peoples views on wheels?

I actually like the 17" XS standard ones and I know that in the muck or snow you're better off on those than you are 18" or 19" but I'm just curious how other people see it?

Post #88825 20th Jan 2011 3:56 pm
Mark12

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Ipanema Sand

hutchingsp wrote:
Thanks. I believe the LR Rescue is the 3 years of the warranty and all these bits start to add up but I'll consider the spare tyre option.

I actually like the 17" XS standard ones and I know that in the muck or snow you're better off on those than you are 18" or 19" but I'm just curious how other people see it?

I also like the design of the 17" wheels that come with the XS, it is just a shame that they are not slightly larger.

I am still undecided about the 18" wheels that come as standard on the MY11 HSE, which is unfortunate, as today I contacted the dealer who I have my XS on order with and changed it for an HSE spec car.

Out of all the wheel designs I like the ones which came standard on the MY10 HSE, not sure what they are called.

Post #88885 20th Jan 2011 8:56 pm
shilen

im not a fan of the new HSE alloys, thats why I opted for the swirly ones Thumbs Up

Post #88890 20th Jan 2011 9:14 pm
ad210358

England 

I think the MY10 HSE wheels have been discontinued now, hence the new ones which I think don't look so good in the pictures but look good in the flesh. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #88891 20th Jan 2011 9:15 pm
hutchingsp

Right job done car ordered. Whilst at the dealers I decided to add the spare wheel and also have the £300 radio/speaker upgrade in addition to my original options.

Post #89274 22nd Jan 2011 4:11 pm
Mark12

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Ipanema Sand

ad210358 wrote:
I think the MY10 HSE wheels have been discontinued now, hence the new ones which I think don't look so good in the pictures but look good in the flesh.

I think you are right, I saw some of the new 18" wheels today for the first time in the flesh and they did look better than in the pictures I have seen.

Post #89419 23rd Jan 2011 7:31 pm
BrianAbbott

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Ipanema Sand

hutchingsp wrote:

Looks apart, larger diameter wheels will a) give a firmer ride (upside of this is supposedly better roadholding) and b) be much more prone to scrubbing / damage on pavements etc

Even though some of the 19" ones look very nice in the showroom, after a couple of years wear and tear they'll probably be a bit bedraggled ... Brian

MY11 FL2 SD4 GS
Extras to same spec as XS apart from the Satnav, plus Xenons.
Ipenema Sand, Ebony.

Post #89516 24th Jan 2011 2:59 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

BrianAbbott wrote:

Even though some of the 19" ones look quite nice on pinkies car, after a couple of minutes kerb crawling they'll p be a bit bedraggled ...
 At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #89523 24th Jan 2011 3:40 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123