Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Roof Rails
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
erik

Netherlands 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey
rails...more

John L wrote:
Thats interesting, although having looked again at Lr's website, the roofrails shown only show the front-rear rails, I guess I will just have to carry on badgering the dealer. thanks for the info.

Well, i checked and the fixed crossbar does have little rubber strips at the bottom, so should be installed correctly. I'll go and formally complain next week. Still don't know why the crossbar is necessary, no other brand does that.

Post #4428 8th Jul 2007 8:31 pm
wheatonshunter

Netherlands 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 S Auto Tonga Green

John L:

I got my new Freelander delivered last Friday WITH roofrails AND crossbars!!

Bow down

Post #4429 8th Jul 2007 8:32 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I can't believe such a simple process can be so friggin complicated!!!! All I want is roof rails for an FL2 with a sunroof.........come on Land Rover stop pi55 arsing about and get the F£%king thing sorted...8 months after launch is very embarassing for YOU.....ARSE AND ELBOW SPRINGS TO MIND!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Post #4430 8th Jul 2007 8:36 pm
Netwisdom

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

I asked the service manager at my local dealer about the FL2 roof rails and sunroof as he was fitting mine this afternoon (without sunroof).

He said that as far as he knew, the rails wern't compatible with the sunroof because the drain holes and channel were too close to the sunroof fixings and this was found to be causing water ingres problems during testing. Don't know how true this is though...sounds plausable but leads me to question if the sunroof sealing is up to the job.

LR customer service also confirmed that they would not be suitable for cars with sunroofs when I chased them for a realease date for the rails last week - no reason given though.

Post #4456 9th Jul 2007 9:13 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Netwisdom wrote:
I asked the service manager at my local dealer about the FL2 roof rails and sunroof as he was fitting mine this afternoon (without sunroof).

He said that as far as he knew, the rails wern't compatible with the sunroof because the drain holes and channel were too close to the sunroof fixings and this was found to be causing water ingres problems during testing. Don't know how true this is though...sounds plausable but leads me to question if the sunroof sealing is up to the job.

LR customer service also confirmed that they would not be suitable for cars with sunroofs when I chased them for a realease date for the rails last week - no reason given though.

I have just had a sunroof service action done by LR, said it was something to do with the draining, mentioned clips and drain path, but as far as that i don't know what they did

Post #4462 10th Jul 2007 7:09 am
erik

Wind noise

Am I the only one bothered by the noise coming from the rails??

Post #4467 10th Jul 2007 5:45 pm
Alasdair

United Kingdom 

Does your car have a sunroof erik?

Post #4469 10th Jul 2007 6:25 pm
erik

rail noise

Alasdair wrote:
Does your car have a sunroof erik?

nope, no sunroof

Post #4471 10th Jul 2007 6:33 pm
Tandemman

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Rimini Red

I still can't really detect any noise from my rails, but i may have some degree of top frequency hearing loss due to my occupation.My wife also has the same job so she can't hear anything either........... sorry

Post #4474 10th Jul 2007 8:26 pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

Had my roof rails fitted today - took my dealer the best part of 2 hours, but only charged me for 1 hour as quoted. Haven't noticed any increase in road noise at all, at speeds up to 70mph. Strangest thing is, I've just done my twice-weekly 140 mile trip on which I normally get between 37-39mpg, and tonight, road conditions the same, I got 40.4mpg! Can't believe that the roof rails actually increase economy, so I'll have to put it down to either a good tailwind, or maybe the software updates that they also did today do make a difference?

Pictures in my gallery of the roof rails.

Post #4477 10th Jul 2007 9:58 pm
ColoradoLR2

United States 2007 LR2 i6 SE Auto Narvik Black

To the best of my knowledge one cannot buy a non-sunroof LR2/Freelander 2 in the US. Hard for me to believe LR won't figure out a way to offer roof rails for the all the LR2's sold in the States... Greg East
Loveland, Colorado
USA
'08 LR2 Hers
'93 740i Mine
'87 944 turbo Mistress

Post #4483 11th Jul 2007 3:33 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tandemman

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Rimini Red

NightFox wrote:
Had my roof rails fitted today - took my dealer the best part of 2 hours, but only charged me for 1 hour as quoted. Haven't noticed any increase in road noise at all, at speeds up to 70mph. Strangest thing is, I've just done my twice-weekly 140 mile trip on which I normally get between 37-39mpg, and tonight, road conditions the same, I got 40.4mpg! Can't believe that the roof rails actually increase economy, so I'll have to put it down to either a good tailwind, or maybe the software updates that they also did today do make a difference?

Pictures in my gallery of the roof rails.

Looks fantastic arev you another cooper/freelander owner? seems to be a lot about

Post #4487 11th Jul 2007 6:19 am
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

Tandemman wrote:

Looks fantastic arev you another cooper/freelander owner? seems to be a lot about

Certainly am! I actually started a post about this strange FL2/Mini phenomena somewhere on here.

Post #4489 11th Jul 2007 7:21 am
defkalion

Greece 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi, at last, got my roof rails 1 week ago and fitted them myself (not the easiest job I must admit). I have an HSE i6 with moon roof, so for those of you wandering if the roof rails can be fitted with a moon roof, yes they can, no problem with opening it! I think I can enjoy my summer vacations here in Greece now. After all, maybe LR did it on purpose, the more you wait for sth good the more happy you are when you get it! Laughing

Post #4491 11th Jul 2007 8:05 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123